Bend of Time
The Bend of Time is a dimensionally transcendent place where one can access monsters from various stages of Chrono Cross. It is believed to behave on Time Error. It's staffed by two Octo monsters, probably meant to represent Gaspar and Spekkio, and features architecture that resembles the End of Time. In addition to the Gates allowing battles with former enemies, the Bend of Time is also home to the Mystical Knights, who reside in a room only accessible on a New Game +. They can be fought; after their defeat, the Spekkio Octo will allow Serge to perform a trial to receive a Dreamer's Sarong. The competition involves running around the room a certain number of times that matches up with a number Spekkio is thinking of. This is reminiscent of the trial Crono and his friends had to complete to receive Magic.
Each portal leads to a different area.
- Gate 1 leads to Chronopolis and areas in the Sea of Eden.
- Gate 2 leads to the Dead Sea.
- Gate 3 leads to Shadow Forest and Fossil Valley.
- Gate 4 leads to Water Dragon Isle, Hydra Marshes, and S.S. Invincible.
- Gate 5 leads to Cape Howl and Lizard Rock.
- Gate 6 leads to Terra Tower and Lucca's house.
- Gate 7 leads to Marbule, Gaea's Navel, and Earth Dragon Isle.
- Gate 8 leads to Mount Pyre and the Isle of the Damned.
- Gate 9 leads to Fort Dragonia and the Temporal Vortex.
- Gate 10 leads to Viper Manor and Viper Manor Bluffs.
Translation: a narrow space between dimensions
Theory and Analysis
-The Bend of Time is somehow created, perhaps as a point of least resistance between dimensions. -Gaspar or Spekkio possibly build architecture to accomodate fighting. -Ozzie, Slash, and Flea somehow arrive here. -Serge trains here and defeats the Mystical Knights. -The Bend of Time presumably phases out of existence when the dimensions are combined.