Author Topic: Chrono Cross Ending Enigma  (Read 82742 times)

Bohepans

• Porrean (+50)
  • I oft feel I actually am split into two people...
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Cross Ending Enigma
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2009, 08:36:24 am »
Anyways, the developer's door will only work in the new Chrono game. It will use the serial number of your legitimate copy of Chrono Cross, kinda like Golden Sun the Lost Age. Believe it. >_>
Believe it!, huh? Like Naruto?
*shot*
Nevermind. XD
*imagines everyone just  :picardno ...again...*
Oh come on, I HAD to...xD

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 10, 2009, 05:05:30 am »
 :jiraiya: Why do the characters keep making wide eyes every time Naruto claims that he will be Hokage?

Setheus

• Porrean (+50)
  • One who knows nothing can understand nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2009, 11:13:23 am »
Wow. . . I just spent alot of time reading all this. . . I dont even know what to say xD

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2009, 01:24:53 am »
I finally ended the game for the first time with the developers ending. It was hella challenging with Serge only, but it was worth it. I must say that "talking" to the developers (10 years too late) has sparked a special interest. Things about look for our work on the PS2 and maybe a sequel in 2 years really made me sad for some reason. This special interest was generated from these devs - let's just say I will do what I can to ensure I'll meet them again in another Developers Room in the future.

Funny... no matter what I did with that shadow Kid, she never changed outfits for me! Arghhhh!! Even though it was my first time in that ending, I'll have to replay it again in the future!

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 11:23:34 am »
:jiraiya: Why do the characters keep making wide eyes every time Naruto claims that he will be Hokage?

'Cause he's the legendary destined chosen one of the legends.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2009, 05:25:55 am »
funny... ive done everything in this game...

...then i realized i had never
A: gotten mojo
B: beaten game w/ harle in party

so i started a new game, got all the way up to where you had harle in the party and then created 2 separate saves:

save A: Used continue+ on that game so that i could beat TD, and made a new Endgame save file.

save B: Im going through the game until atleast the point i can get the CC (im 9 bosses away >.>) in which im going to use the NEW endgame save file to continue+ on this save, so that I have harle in my party and beat the game like im supposed to.

win?

thermite

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2009, 09:22:17 am »
Well I had recently finished Chrono Cross and got to the developers room ending on my first try (first new game+ ending I got). Anyway I happened to come across the FAQ mentioned earlier in the thread. It certainly seems to have been put together in a haphazard manner.  It has some correct things such as the code to pass through the programmers door (though it doesn't lead anywhere). It has spots where it seems conjecture was turned into fact. The map numbers which are 1-3 digits make perfect sense if you have a way to peek into the RAM while playing the game. However, I haven't been able to make anything out of the 4 digit hex codes that are mentioned in reference to the map (although I'm not going to try any further).

I was playing on ePSXe and used the PEC plugin.  If you look at memory addresses 0x8007E6E8 or 0x80070EDE you will see the map number. (kind of odd that the first 2 digits of the address are the same as the Gameshark prefix for locking a 2-byte word to a value). Whenever I tried to modify the memory value at either location to another one I knew the game would always freeze up when moving to another room. Whenever I tried modifying the memory card at the corresponding location (start of block +0x018E) it would tell me the save was unusable. I would guess this is due to not being put at a valid place in the new map.

After Searching  around for a while I stumbled across this page:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Chrono_Cross_File_Structure.html

This page near the bottom has the code to access the debug menu (8006B456 0101). The only way I could get into the menu without skiping straight to map select is to slow time with L2 while tapping R1. The menu is not accessible in all places (such as the overland map). I have not had any problem with the menu scrolling out of the box with the simple line window frame.

On the debug menu it has a submenu for "Planner's rooms" but you will get nothing but black screen for your effort. I have to wonder what they did look like during the development process before they were stripped out. You can chose to go to many different maps some with odd effects such as if you go to disk 2 map #504 (orphanage scene) with Kid in your party you will have 2 different Kids on the screen. The list in the FAQ and the mentioned URL are incomplete so try a few unlisted ones. Disk #2 505 is the Terra Tower entrance. I have barely touched the different maps yet.

Attached is a picture of the menu and when Kid joins up with Kid.

ProjectoR

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2013, 06:26:59 pm »
hi ALL im alpha star 6, i think its time to open the prog door need all the heplp i can get, its obvious they shielded the room and the hidden data inside from hacking gonnA have to open this one legit

strangly enough the game haz talked to me in mysterious ways i mite have the knowlege to open it with assisstance

another quote said there is "bLAck space" behind the door wich symbolizes omega space the female entity of existence, or simly our girlfrinds lost IN SPACE*

KEY HINTS RECIEVED, KIDS KEY MUSIC ROOM, DRAGON BATTLE SKELETOR HAZ TO WIN,"PUSH SOMTHING TO REVIEL A HIDDEN SECRET ROOM IN A CORRIDOR, A MONSTER GIVES U 4 STATUS EFFECTS TO BE USED SOMEWHERE, VISIT THE PPL N ROOMS IN ORDER TO REVIEL SOMETHING, A SONG IN ROOM 2 BOTTEM RIGHT WHERE A GIRL IS, THIS SONG DOES NOT APPEAR IN THE MUSIC ROOM FOR SOME STRANGE REASON, A POSSIBLE LIGHT FIXTURE WITCH IS DIFFERENT FROM THE REST UNFOLDING A SWTICH OR ROOM,

WELL THIS LOCKED DOOR IS SAID TO BE ONLY MADE BY ONE OF THE CC STAFF, AND NO PLAYER HAS LEGITLY OPENED IT TO RECIEVE THE HIDDEN DATA HAKERS FOUND THERE
ALSO WARNING*** THIS PROGRAMMERS DOOR IS KNWN TO MAKE PPL GO MAD TRYING TO OPEN IT PROCEED WITH SANITY

heres my resume

Edit: Removed. The rest stays because I think it's a clue to the holy grail.
-- Romana
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 07:45:19 pm by Romana »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2013, 07:46:24 pm »
Holy hell ProjectoR is back! Tell us more about Lynx the Frenchman, that tale always felt unfinished.

(Note, I'm not deleting these posts [minus the links] because c'mon, really?)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2013, 07:50:28 pm »
Um... really what? :D

Nah, seriously, what's the history behind this...?

ProjectoR

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 14, 2013, 07:53:02 pm »
I DK WE ARE ALL LYNXES AND KIDS

SPEAKING OF CODE LOL THERES A CHARACTER NAME CHANGE OPTION IN PRO DOOR

ALSO 2ND ROOM RIGHT BOTTOM AND OLD GENT VERIFIES UR NAME FOR YOU, MEANING YOU NEED THE RIGHT CHARACTER NAME OF 6 LETTERS N NUMBERS AFTER THE GAURD BY THE DOOR SAIS ...... SPECIFICATION SO THATS ANOTHER CLUE

POSSIBLE NAMES

ALPHA0 OMEGA9

SERGE11

HORSE KNOWZ

THANX FOR RECOGNIZING ME

BBZZXRMY

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 14, 2013, 10:27:50 pm »
Have I really lived long enough to see the second coming of ProjectoR?

Tell me your secrets.

ProjectoR

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2013, 11:20:30 pm »
IVE FOUN D ANEW WAY TO BUILD LIFE EXPECTANCY BY STARVING THE BODY OF OXYGEN WATER AND FOOD, HOLDING UR BREATH WHILE EXCERSISING

IDK IM BAKED.,.,.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2013, 11:45:20 pm »
IVE FOUN D ANEW WAY TO BUILD LIFE EXPECTANCY BY STARVING THE BODY OF OXYGEN WATER AND FOOD, HOLDING UR BREATH WHILE EXCERSISING

IDK IM BAKED.,.,.

I just tried that, and by life expectancy reduced to the point that I just died! I borrowed Jesus' laptop to troubleshoot what I might have done wrong, but I realized that ghosts don't have fingers so I can't use it.  I don't know what's going on!

Help! How do I become alive again? I'm stuck!

ProjectoR

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2013, 12:29:03 am »
FEEL DEATH AND ITS GOULS FOR A BIT LONGER THEN "DONT WE WANNA BE FREEEEE"

HERES A SONG TO SEARCH

AFGIN-DIMENSIONAL