Author Topic: Dialogue Enhancements Commentary Thread (old)  (Read 24588 times)

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Dialogue Enhancements Commentary Thread
« Reply #180 on: April 10, 2007, 11:32:23 pm »
True. That would be cool, especially the Tsunami Sword (which will always have a "mini-tsunami" trailing behind the sword as Crono swings (don't ask how THAT works-- it's magical) I always envisioned how this would look to see in game or in art.
Neat. So, does it simply cast a random Water 2 spell when used every now and again? Shouldn't something like that belong to Frog and not Crono? (If only because I like to keep elements with the people. For instance, Ragnarok could cast Lightning 2 or Luminaire instead of Flare.) Also, will the Wondershot still be Lucca's ultimate weapon? I'd hate to see that weapon made through the Sun Stone quest only to watch it fall by the wayside...

Also, the Artemis Bow will eventually actually shoot a crescent moon at the enemy.
Now THAT will be a nice effect...hopefully it will be reproduceable with SNES graphics.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 10, 2007, 11:42:11 pm »
Neat. So, does it simply cast a random Water 2 spell when used every now and again? Shouldn't something like that belong to Frog and not Crono? (If only because I like to keep elements with the people. For instance, Ragnarok could cast Lightning 2 or Luminaire instead of Flare.) Also, will the Wondershot still be Lucca's ultimate weapon? I'd hate to see that weapon made through the Sun Stone quest only to watch it fall by the wayside...

Actually, "Water Wave!" -- Heckran's Technique. So, it's different than Water 2. Tsunami Sword derives from the Swallow Sword (which is Tsunami is Japanese version). The Sword was going to be a water elemental sword(as was the bolt sword with lightning), but random spells on weapons was dropped in the pre-release. "Seeing as the the sword was made for vast destruction it was sealed away." as one Zealean had put it. Frog already has the Masamune, a vast weapon of power. However, even though a person's elemental affinity is one type, that doesn't neccesarily have to keep them from using an elemental weapon. For instance, Magus's Hurricane Scythe could do "Tornado Damage" like Masamune do (though I want to make the Tornado attack ACTUALLY have tornado graphics) As for elements, I actually think the elemental weapon would "be powered up" by being held by someone who is quite adept with magic.

The Wondershot will be a prebase for he final gun Positron Beam.

Now THAT will be a nice effect...hopefully it will be reproduceable with SNES graphics.

Indeed. Also, adds +10 to Hit and does 4x damage on crit (so about 2300 dmg to most lower enemies, 350-700 to tougher ones)

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 10, 2007, 11:49:30 pm »
Actually, "Water Wave!" -- Heckran's Technique. So, it's different than Water 2. Tsunami Sword derives from the Swallow Sword (which is Tsunami is Japanese version). The Sword was going to be a water elemental sword(as was the bolt sword with lightning), but random spells on weapons was dropped in the pre-release. "Seeing as the the sword was made for vast destruction it was sealed away." as one Zealean had put it. Frog already has the Masamune, a vast weapon of power. However, even though a person's elemental affinity is one type, that doesn't neccesarily have to keep them from using an elemental weapon. For instance, Magus's Hurricane Scythe could do "Tornado Damage" like Masamune do (though I want to make the Tornado attack ACTUALLY have tornado graphics) As for elements, I actually think the elemental weapon would "be powered up" by being held by someone who is quite adept with magic.
Ah. I bow to your superior research of the weaponry.
The Wondershot will be a prebase for he final gun Positron Beam.
Basically an uber-Wondershot?

Indeed. Also, adds +10 to Hit and does 4x damage on crit (so about 2300 dmg to most lower enemies, 350-700 to tougher ones)
Nice...With this and eventually the redone techs--including the potential new double techs--, Marle will finally have the true balance among all the characters she deserves. A pity she didn't have it before...I so often leave her behind even though I like her as a character...

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 10, 2007, 11:56:01 pm »
Ah. I bow to your superior research of the weaponry.

Playing endless hours of dungeons & dragons actually had a benefit to it!?  :shock:

Basically an uber-Wondershot?

Pretty much, you'll probably just have to get some uber items like diamonds or something to enhance it. (and OF COURSE diamonds are very hard to find)

Nice...With this and eventually the redone techs--including the potential new double techs--, Marle will finally have the true balance among all the characters she deserves. A pity she didn't have it before...I so often leave her behind even though I like her as a character...

Yeah, I always left Marle behind too. Frog and Crono should also be able to do some kind of Thunderstorm tech (like Lightning and Water 2?) That would be kind of cool.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 11, 2007, 12:01:32 am »

Playing endless hours of dungeons & dragons actually had a benefit to it!?  :shock:
Why not?

Pretty much, you'll probably just have to get some uber items like diamonds or something to enhance it. (and OF COURSE diamonds are very hard to find)
Right...so what all enhances in the end? Does it shift from, say, 1/10-1/2-1-2-3 to 1/2-1-2-3-4 or something like that?

Yeah, I always left Marle behind too. Frog and Crono should also be able to do some kind of Thunderstorm tech (like Lightning and Water 2?) That would be kind of cool.
Indeed. I've also got a few other ideas for double techs involving Magus...such as some kind of Protect/Magical Wall combination that casts both effects on all party members at once--that ought to be useful in places like the Cleft of Dimensions.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 11, 2007, 12:07:42 am »
Right...so what all enhances in the end? Does it shift from, say, 1/10-1/2-1-2-3 to 1/2-1-2-3-4 or something like that?

Did I miss something here?  :?: I'm confused.

Indeed. I've also got a few other ideas for double techs involving Magus...such as some kind of Protect/Magical Wall combination that casts both effects on all party members at once--that ought to be useful in places like the Cleft of Dimensions.

That would be most useful. Espcially if we can have Behemoths cast Comet/Comet2!  :x

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 11, 2007, 12:11:21 am »

Did I miss something here?  :?: I'm confused.
Those numbers were the attack power of the Wondershot. It ranges from 1/10th, to 1/2, to 1(or equivalent to the number seen on the equip screen), to 2, to 3 times the attack power number. Presumeably an enhancement would cut the worst number--the 1/10th, and add a times 4 to the list.

That would be most useful. Espcially if we can have Behemoths cast Comet/Comet2!  :x
...scary stuff there, but yes, that would make sense.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 11, 2007, 12:13:30 am »
Ah. I just made the new gun do alot more damage (it's now closely comparable to the Artemis Bow).

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 11, 2007, 12:17:10 am »
How much damage, though? Will it do up as high as the original Wondershot? Because if it won't then I'm not sure it's much of an enhancement, really.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 11, 2007, 12:18:46 am »
It will generally do more and not get "really low damage" nearly as much.

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 11, 2007, 12:24:34 am »
In that case, it ought to do fine, most certainly. Not too sure about using something as common as diamonds to enhance it...maybe use something like Dreamstone instead. The Dreamstone Gun was made out of Dreamstone, after all, so maybe she could use some of that to enhance the energy contained in the Wondershot.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2007, 12:31:49 am »
OK. I wanted to have Dreamstone very, very rarely appear in the Searing Chasm dungeon anyways, so we could do that. (though it still won't carry over on New Game+)

Kyronea

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2007, 12:34:15 am »
The...Searing Chasm? That's earlier than 12,000 B.G., right? We need it to be in 65,000,000 B.G. or else it just won't work out, since Dreamstone is quite rare in the Archaic Era as it is and after Zeal fell no more was discovered, not even by the more technologically advanced people of 1999 A.F. or else Robo would have recognized Dreamstone when it was mentioned by Melchior.

(Forgive me...I should recognize a name like that by now but my mind is wandering...)

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2007, 01:35:58 am »
Yeah, the Searing Chasm would be a part of the Valley of the Giants super-area.

Zakyrus

• Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2007, 01:37:50 am »
Also,(my mind is in a million tangeants, so I jump all over the game in my head) it would be interesting to add some kind of mini-games to Zeal areas. Not sure what though.