Author Topic: Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 7; Alpha Leakers Banned  (Read 23918 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Leakers Banned
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2009, 04:44:30 am »
Ry,

maybe it wasn't clear in my rant but I'm more pissed at the misrepresentation/ lack of respect by the people then I am about getting sued.......um let me put it in perspective:

Imagine being a ph'd student and spending several years on your thesis. You finished your thesis but haven't proof read it even once.  A few months later you've found almost every single typo, reworded it just to your liking and were really happy with the product.

Then......out of nowhere your mentally challenged half drunk roommate who you put up with just cause you've known him for so long.....takes the very first version of your thesis and sends it in to a conference without asking you....and furthermore he tells that conference that it was the final product.  Um....and just for kicks you may get kicked out of the progrm if the thesis is bad (yea that last part is a stretch but I needed an analogy for the punishment)

That's pretty much what happened...and that's why i'm so angry.

--JP

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 04:53:23 am »
I can understand that. I once gave a guy a fanfic of mine to post up, only for him to screw up the formatting and let a badly mangled/html-ed version sit on Deviantart for several hours before I was able to correct him. I understand how that feels and how you didn't want this alpha to be the only way people could play through your work.

I wasn't intending to come off hostile, I just feel as if the legal threat to all of you and the Compendium is being overstated... but again, I'm not the one with my ass in the fryer potentially, so maybe I shouldn't say anything :)

On a note related to the chapter at hand, did you intend for the Huacan Factory to be a great level-grinding area by giving the Acids/Alkalines 1,000 EXP drops? I know that you already said the hack would be hard and the level-grinding spot would be a very good opportunity to bridge the gap from LVL 20 to LVL 30 in a very short time.

Edit: And now I can see that you did not, as you changed it drastically for the beta. Good idea for balance's sake, though I would have missed the opportunity to level up so much.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 04:55:29 am by RySenkari »

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 04:53:31 am »
Ho....Ly.....Crap.....  Dear god, that chapter was amazing....  I loved the scene with Lucca and the operator during the wall of text.  it was so well written.  I also loved the fluency of the boss fight.  This chapter was truly amazing.  Now the one I've been looking forward to most...  but that is for another day...

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2009, 04:55:01 am »
oi, its late guys
goodnight

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2009, 04:55:09 am »
You definitely shouldn't delete your rant, JP. It does people some good to hear it from you. You're at the center of this imbroglio. It's your game--or at least it became your game by default after you did most of the work on it. Most of us know how much it stings when somebody misrepresents our words or our works, but it can be hard to empathize with other people when they're the victims of such misrepresentation. I think you spelled it out pretty well here.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2009, 04:57:12 am »
anywho, I'm off to bed.  I hope my reaction is the kind of stuff you were hoping to see before you leave A12.

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2009, 05:09:28 am »
Just finished watching. I have to say, the music in this section is really superb and the most memorable so far. It really sets the mood for all those walls of text XD
Thanks...I know you guys have a lot on your minds right now, but you still went on to write all those comments for your videos...so, seriously, thanks very much for your hard work.

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2009, 06:12:37 am »
tea.... justin.... but :( ... justin3009 was my spriting idol and teaflower was gonna make a song with me.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2009, 07:42:28 am »
Bad news indeed. What's baffling concerning Justin and PSZ is that they had their own fanprojects going or planned, and yet they didn't respect our own project. I would have thought they could have put themselves in JP's or Zeality's place for a sec and see what their actions entailed, but they didn't.

Talah Rama

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2009, 08:00:19 am »
So, all ROM modifications here have been banned and the vast majority of everything in the Chrono series has been analyzed to death.  What's the point of this site existing anymore, aside from just a forum for people interested in the game to talk about things unrelated to the game?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2009, 08:30:34 am »
the vast majority of everything in the Chrono series has been analyzed to death.

It hasn't.

odber

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2009, 09:17:31 am »
Hmmmm.. Didn't see an answer to this in the earlier posts. When I try to download the youtube videos there's always some glitching/graphical errors in the beginning. Any way to get around this? Or are you going to release all the videos afterwards in a torrent or make it available somewhere else than youtube as to have the original videos?

stealthrabbi

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2009, 09:24:52 am »
why leak the alpha though?  Wouldn't leaking the alpha narrow down who could have done it?  Also, from what I hear, the alpha doesn't show much of "what could have been".

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2009, 09:54:22 am »
*slaps his own forehead* And here I thought I was gonna have a really good day. You did what?!

Perhaps you may have had teaflower and Agasa's evidence of distribution. However, let me say that almost anyone can claim he can kill his neighbor but can't actually. Thus, I don't know what evidence there is to ban Justin out of all people, unless you can open my eyes a bit.

Although I do understand you guys are uncomfortable with the leak. But perhaps you're missing the point that the leak is STILL going around. Maybe Justin and Tea are, even now, loyal to the Compendium and wouldn't dare do it again even if it was a minor leak before. But I have seen the leaks leaking around, and it's not really that hard to find. And guess what, most of the leaks are courtesy of Dark Serge and there's not much one can do about it. And even now there are plenty of people out there who'd like to either finish Crimson Echoes in their own way or keep the distribution going, a storm of distribution indeed, and I take it that would anger you the most. But like I said, it's out of your control, mate (and I'm sorry if I've gotten to your nerves, but it's the truth).

I can't believe two of our most loyal supporters had the nerve of doing something like that (I didn't really know Agasa that well, sorry) especially when the lives of the developers are at stake, but it's tempting, human nature, I admit.

But true, I have no right to judge your judgment though, because it is you who have been wronged, not me.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2009, 10:16:18 am »
Wow. 5 people down now?  Dark Serge, Teaflower, and Justin?  I didn't know the other two people, so eff them... This situation just gets crazier.  I'm sorry this had to happen to you guys, ZeaLity, Agent12.  Just know that we've got your back.  Justin is really the only one I'm sad to see go after that fiasco, and that's simply because he was an integral member of the modding community.

So to all those who were involved in selfish activity, putting CE, the creator's of CE, and the Compendium itself at risk: eff you.  You deserve to be banned.  I hope you guys watch the Compendium as Guests and see this thread.

SHAME ON YOU.