Author Topic: Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)  (Read 141187 times)

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)
« Reply #270 on: December 05, 2008, 03:09:13 pm »
It's right after Marle/Lucca's question to their clones, so I also think it was meant for the clones. The lines are placed with the rest of the reactions to the Marle/Lucca clones.
(The text file I copied the lines from contains dialog from the Dimensional Vortexes.)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 03:13:23 pm by Vehek »

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 05, 2008, 03:21:57 pm »
Amazing! :lee: This adds to ZeaLitY's observation of the sheer vehemence these clones feel toward their originals. They truly are doubles from Hell. I suppose some unused Dalton dialogue would be too much to hope for...

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 05, 2008, 03:34:05 pm »
From Hell? Where did you get that idea? I thought they might have been from the DBT or something.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 05, 2008, 03:41:23 pm »
I don't get why they merge with their counterparts after they are defeated.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 05, 2008, 03:56:56 pm »
Me neither. My guess is just to become stronger.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 05, 2008, 03:59:46 pm »
I used "Hell" in a figurative sense only. One must be careful about what words they use in a Compendium analysis thread, I suppose!

The Black Wind

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 05, 2008, 03:59:56 pm »
I get that some of their stats are augmented somewhat, but the fact that it only happens to the trio from 1000 A.D. strikes me as peculiar. There is definitely relevance in this somewhere, whether it's symbolic or merely foreshadowing. Perhaps the Ultimania will elaborate on this.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 05, 2008, 04:02:32 pm »
Perhaps it is somehow tied to the Fall of Guardia?

The Black Wind

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 05, 2008, 04:07:53 pm »
That's what I thought at first since all three of them are ghosts in CC, but I don't remember if Lucca's death at the hands of Lynx was connected to the Fall of Guardia or not.

Edit: The Fall of Guardia was in 1005 A.D., so it was probably sometime after.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 04:11:57 pm by The Black Wind »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 05, 2008, 04:09:52 pm »
Probably not, but she was probably involved with it to some extent. It's unclear if Chrono and Marle are dead as well.

The Black Wind

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 05, 2008, 04:19:03 pm »
Even if they are, is it possible that the ending of Chrono Cross could have undone that?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 05, 2008, 04:43:18 pm »
I don't think so. I don't think the unification of the dimensions erases that kind of stuff from history. I think all that happened is that Home World disappeared and that Another World stayed.

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 05, 2008, 05:24:23 pm »
Huh, that text is quite interesting... I never saw it, though. o.O All I saw were the originals saying the "ZOMG r u me?!?!?!?!" lines. The clones just immediately went into a fighting stance after that, and the battle started. It must be some unused/dummied text. Odd. I also found it strange that the Steel Shade battle was the only one the party reacted to. (I loved Janus's line though. :p Went something like, "Whether you are the real Crono or not, I will not hesitate to destroy you!")

And yes, it does seem like the shades have some connection to the ghost children in CC... Perhaps the children at the Dead Sea and the ones in Terra Tower and on the beach are actually different entities? I know this has been said before, but the Dead Sea children are much angrier and hateful towards Serge, whereas the Terra Tower ones are just like "Hey, you have the Chrono Cross. Cool. How's life treating you?"

Also, we can't really be sure about what happens in the "Ideal" timeline at the end of Cross. We're just shown one small scene, and that's it... We have no clue if Guardia's now suddenly...not fallen, or anything else, really. o.O

Gah, it's so confusing! >.< Hurry up Ultimania, we need that guide fast!

The Black Wind

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 05, 2008, 05:28:50 pm »
Are we sure that Another World is the one that remained? I don't remember a lot of details about Chrono Cross, but I can definitely say that when Serge woke up he was back where he started at the beach with Leena as if nothing happened since he went through the dimensional gate.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 05, 2008, 05:40:08 pm »
I believe the reason that the party talks with the Chrono clone is obviously because Chrono doesn't talk himself. It would be awkward with no dialogue at all.

I can't see how Home World would remain, as that is the dimension where the world is eventually destroyed by Lavos. I guess the base was Another World, and some things from Home World were thrown into that. Like Serge surviving for example. But I don't think it would erase events that happened outside of El Nido, for some reason.

But yeah, we really need a sequel. We did since Chrono Cross was released, but even more so now. There's too many damn unanswered questions to get some good conclusions.