Author Topic: CTDS New Ending =o  (Read 14817 times)

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: CTDS New Ending =o
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2008, 02:56:58 am »
The knives fucking came out, didn't they? I've seen multiple people on this forum almost giddy thinking that "CC is thrown out of the window" when they first saw the Dream Devourer.
Perhaps it would be menial for me to show my support; what with all the concurrence. But nonetheless, I also feel that the behavior to desire to bastardize Cross from canon because it is not CT 2 is simply ludicrous and spitting in the faces of the Chrono series' authors. A fitting line, as ZeaLity alluded, describes it all: "Et tu Brute?"

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2008, 10:21:03 am »
Wow this a great day CT and a better day for CC because it might get thrown out of the window (I dislike cc).

With the new final boss screen I am happy to say that CC will have been put to rest1!!

Oh well, who knows.

I would love to see a new ending... leading right up to Porre's attack and a TO BE CONTINUED message... I want to see the original game in a sequel and that's what I'm getting at.

Sorry man but this new boss only ties CT closer to CC.

I'm really sorry for you man.

But if Crono and company kill the time devourer, the renders CC.... powerless lol.

They don't kill it. After the battle the Dream Devourer blows them back, knocking all three out, and then Magus comes back up, having regained consciousness, and chats with Schala. Then she sends the party away, talks to Magus a little more, and then sends him away as well. The Dream Devourer is still alive when Magus, the last visitor, leaves. It does not declare Cross non-canon, but rather strengthens its relation to Trigger.

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2008, 11:05:52 am »
And Schala basically says that strength alone cannot stop the Dream Devourer--we all know that it took the Chrono Cross to finally kill the beast--the Dream Devourer was just the precursor here; Crono and co. may have seen and fought it, but it was ultimately Serge and his goons who beat it.

Nexus

• Porrean (+50)
  • Choose your own path.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2008, 12:31:16 pm »
Yep the new ending pretty confirms that origin of the Time Devourer and how it tied into Chrono Cross.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2008, 05:18:39 pm »
Yep the new ending pretty confirms that origin of the Time Devourer and how it tied into Chrono Cross.

Pretty much.

I showed my brother the Dream Devourer vid and he said it was either Lavos himself or the Time Devourer AS IT APPEARED IN CROSS. Uh huh... NO.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2008, 06:55:24 pm »
Pfft.... Yeah right.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2008, 08:57:09 pm »
Some speculation is that the Dream Devourer is the completed, matured Time Devourer.  I hadn't heard that until today... I have been more inclined to think that the Dream Devourer is an infant version of the Time Devourer...  Opinions?

Nexus

• Porrean (+50)
  • Choose your own path.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2008, 09:02:16 pm »
Some speculation is that the Dream Devourer is the completed, matured Time Devourer.  I hadn't heard that until today... I have been more inclined to think that the Dream Devourer is an infant version of the Time Devourer...  Opinions?

It probably is in the early stage of it's transformation into the Time Devourer. So no I don't think the Dream Devourer is a completed Time Devourer.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2008, 12:16:36 am »

It probably is in the early stage of it's transformation into the Time Devourer. So no I don't think the Dream Devourer is a completed Time Devourer.

Agreed. I told him that we (of the Compendium) had reason to believe it's the Time Devourer in an early stage of its growth. This is also supported by the fact that Schala doesn't talk at any time when the Time Devourer is present. She doesn't speak until after the battle.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2008, 01:52:26 am »
Lavos->DD->???->TD->Profit

The Time Devourer is defeated by Serge so how can it mature in to the Dream Devourer?

neo-fusion

• Fan Project Leader
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Creator of Chrono Trigger Apocalypse... FEAR ME
    • View Profile
    • Neo-Fusion
« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2008, 02:14:40 am »
Wow this a great day CT and a better day for CC because it might get thrown out of the window (I dislike cc).

With the new final boss screen I am happy to say that CC will have been put to rest1!!

Oh well, who knows.

I would love to see a new ending... leading right up to Porre's attack and a TO BE CONTINUED message... I want to see the original game in a sequel and that's what I'm getting at.

Sorry man but this new boss only ties CT closer to CC.

I'm really sorry for you man.

But if Crono and company kill the time devourer, the renders CC.... powerless lol.

They don't kill it. After the battle the Dream Devourer blows them back, knocking all three out, and then Magus comes back up, having regained consciousness, and chats with Schala. Then she sends the party away, talks to Magus a little more, and then sends him away as well. The Dream Devourer is still alive when Magus, the last visitor, leaves. It does not declare Cross non-canon, but rather strengthens its relation to Trigger.

WWWWWWWHHHHHHYYYYY!!!!

So they can't kill it? Kinda sad figuring that this is the original gang....

Matt72

• Porrean (+50)
  • Pink Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2008, 02:22:32 am »
Yeah, you'd think the original gang would be enough to defeat a slightly powered up "Lavos". Couldn't you defeat the TD in Cross without the Chrono Cross, sacrificing the good ending?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2008, 09:24:39 am »
Couldn't you defeat the TD in Cross without the Chrono Cross, sacrificing the good ending?

I think so, but if I recall someone said it was hard as hell.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2008, 10:57:39 am »
Yes, you could defeat the Time Devourer without the Chrono Cross element.  You just had to beat it the old fashioned way.  As for the Time Devourer... I always hated how it had no music.  Lame.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2008, 10:59:06 am »
I always hated how it had no music.  Lame.

It had no music? You're right, it IS lame. They should've made a BGM for it, maybe more epic than "Dragon God"