Author Topic: CTDS New Ending =o  (Read 15136 times)

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
Re: CTDS New Ending =o
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2008, 03:30:39 pm »
Well, they probably left out information over the Fall of Guardia in anticipation of a sequel, a sequel we would have seen, but haven't yet. If they're gonna try to canonize anything through CTDS it'll be the events of (and possibly leading up to) Chrono Cross. Regardless of what we think, games are about money: if they can lead up to CC through CTDS, that'll provide some fiscal happiness for Square. If they retcon CC, that'll piss off anybody who was a fan of the game...

Likewise making Final Fantasy games has little to do with the Chrono series: they're different development teams and really don't connect to each other.

Eket

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2008, 06:20:22 pm »
Too bad it's a sequel we will never, ever get to see. Even if CTDS ends up selling well, i still wouldn't hold my breath. You probably can't fill an entire game anyway with a short story like the fall of guardia.

Something Intervened with the flow of time
Castle went boom
Town went burn
Stuff apparently got rebuild

Sounds more like something you'd put in an epilogue, or perhaps a new ending. We already have a part of it, they might as well tell us what else happened there. They will probably do it in a way that will piss off CT fans though, in an attempt to make CC more canon. Easiest and quickest answer being that Crono, and Marle end up dead.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2008, 06:30:18 pm »
You think the entire game would revolve around one point? If you wanna describe CT you could just say guy prevents monster from destroying the world. Obviously that's the main point, but there will always be other events that happen. I can't picture them doing a complete ending on the Fall of Guardia, or an entire game devoted solely to that point. I could see them making the Fall of Guardia a portion of another game, but whatever.

I don't see another official sequel in the works either, but my faith in the series isn't gone completely. I gotta say that canonizing CC wouldn't be a bad thing, you make it sound like every CT fan hated CC, when that isn't exactly the case.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2008, 06:39:38 pm »
Aside from the three ghost children, Chrono Cross should be acknowledged by all fans as the sequel to Chrono Trigger. If you do not, I for one wouldn't consider you a Chrono series fan.

So far, it's going the right direction. In days of time CT DS will be a fact. Sure it may be done to see if the name Chrono is still worth money, but I believe that they've at least done it a little bit for the fans. And perhaps this was done to prepare everyone for a new part in the Chrono series.

It's just a guess, but all I'm saying is that it's going the right direction.

Eket

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2008, 08:39:55 pm »
Dark Serge:
I'm not a chrono series fan then :) I just love chrono trigger, as it was the first RPG i ever played. Square ruined that for me quite a bit with the whole fall of guardia bit, and not clearing it up anyway in well... ever. The CT cast either dies, or comes back as some sort of ghost/entity/spirit/leftovertimethingy with very little explanation as to how? why? I will admit that the schala/time devourer thing was interesting though. As a CT fan i wanted a few more answers, and not be left with 30 more.

Really hope this new ending clears at least some things up. I just wanna frigging know what happened to chrono, marle and guardia. Which is a perfectly legitimate question. And one i can imagine new people to the series will ask when they see that ending sequence on CTDS.

Mav:
I was only talking about the fall of guardia, not what an entire new game would encompass. Just saying that the fall of guardia just isn't enough to fill a new game with, but perhaps they will in a new ending. Or perhaps an epilogue mobile game like FF4: The After.

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2008, 08:49:09 pm »
I suppose I worded myself badly, but what I meant was that I do agree that the Fall of Guardia isn't enough to fill a new game, but it is a worthwhile story that could be examined in a sequel. In all honesty, a new ending would need to be quite lengthy to allow us to fully understand what caused the Fall, if you ask me.

Your opinions are justified and warranted, I just happen to disagree with you on some points. I think we all wanna know what happened to Crono and co and perhaps we agree that CC didn't explain it...I just don't think that we can sum up the Fall of Guardia in an ending, an epilogue mobile game or short RPG, however, might do the trick. I think it could be taken care of as a side quest to a new journey, but that's just me.

Eket

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2008, 09:05:55 pm »
I just no longer believe in seeing said sequel... i was already surprised to no extend when an extra ending was announced, that is related to cannon. I believe that is all we will get, and some stuff to fix some plot related stuff with dalton.

Honestly the only thing i could think of where the new ending comes in play is the fall of guardia, what else is there? Schala becoming the time devourer? that just doesn't fly with me. Think about it... if Crono and Co sees that happening, they wouldn't just drop their quest to go home. They would save her no matter what. And that would most definately erase CC from canon.

DS: I guess we differ on that. I have to know what happens to the protagonists. An RPG is about it's characters IMO, you see the story through their eyes. The characters develop as the story goes on, that's far more important. In CT lavos is the tool that bonds these characters together in a common goal. That was another thing i really missed in CC(too many characters).

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2008, 09:12:12 pm »
Yeah, I suppose that's right. In Chrono Cross I only considered a handful of characters "real" characters. Most of them were the ones you acquire through the story. Most optional characters didn't have any relevance for me. Anyway, I'm removing my previous post. I don't want anyone to know about it till I think it through more carefully.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2008, 04:44:49 pm »
If the new ending has Dalton in it, it could lead to the rise of Porre's Military and the subsequent fall of Guardia.  Considering he came from Zeal, he would most likely have advanced weaponry knowledge...
will only be a matter of days, if not hours with the chinese version out...

TimeJammer81

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2008, 10:14:37 pm »
This might be a major spoiler. Don't click the link if you don't want to see it:

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/5708/chronotrigger04di4.jpg

mav

• View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2008, 10:18:29 pm »
Aye, it's the revelation of the day...but it's so strange to see that image...I just can't wait to hear the full context of all this...

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2008, 10:37:37 pm »
AAAHHHH!

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2008, 06:06:13 pm »
Perhaps if the mysterious figure turns around or otherwise reveals itself, it might turn out to be Schala, or it might be the Lavos Core in disguise.  Of course, it could be Queen Zeal, back from the dead, ready to merge with lavos and destroy time, only to be eaten by the Time devourer because Schala beat her to it.  Or it could be Queen leene, Lucca, or Crono's long-lost brother who actually talks.  I'll leave it to the reader to decide which of those sentences is a joke.  My point is, you just never know.

You win the Internet. Nice.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008, 06:08:06 pm »
Or it could be something along the lines of Chrono Trigger Unglued and be the homocidal maniacal cat of Crono's.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2008, 11:58:30 pm »
Or it could be something along the lines of Chrono Trigger Unglued and be the homocidal maniacal cat of Crono's.

Oh, GOD, I love that series. They need to get off their asses and get back to work on that. I look forward to adding voices, like when Marle and Lucca have that talk about C(h)rono at Lucca's house.