Author Topic: The $%*! frustration thread  (Read 485401 times)

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: The $%*! frustration thread
« Reply #3015 on: June 04, 2009, 04:37:53 pm »
But the generalized answer remains the public view.

Inconceivable!

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: June 04, 2009, 05:09:50 pm »
But the generalized answer remains the public view.

Inconceivable!
:lol:
Damnit. I'm trying to be serious, and I can't when you're being all hilarious.

That's my favorite quote from that entire movie.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: June 05, 2009, 01:36:02 am »
I've been reading about chrono eric's ordeal, and this seems like the appropriate thread to express my own relief and sympathy.  Very glad to hear you're alright, and I'm also glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read "Jesus dejesus", or my laptop would be shot!

Thanks a bunch. I really appreciate everyone's support. I've gotta say, vicodin is a helluva drug. The anti-inflammatory drugs I was also prescribed do absolutely nothing for the pain, but 30 minutes after taking the vicodin I feel like I can do cartwheels.

If I can put my own two cents in for this hilarious color argument (are we really arguing about this?): There is no such thing as color in objective reality - only various electromagnetic wavelengths that we perceive subjectively as color. Which makes this whole thing rather amusing actually.

Which reminds me of an old thought problem: Two women are looking at a rose. One is completely colorblind. The non-colorblind woman perceives the rose as a vibrant red. The colorblind woman sees the rose as shades of gray. Which woman is more correctly perceiving the nature of reality? And which woman is more visually impaired?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 01:41:19 am by chrono eric »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: June 05, 2009, 01:45:28 am »
Which reminds me of an old thought problem: Two women are looking at a rose. One is completely colorblind. The non-colorblind woman perceives the rose as a vibrant red. The colorblind woman sees the rose as shades of gray. Which woman is more correctly perceiving the nature of reality? And which woman is more visually impaired?

I suppose the obvious answer is not the preferred one. Still, it's worth saying: The colorblind person is processing less information than the other person. She is more visually impaired, therefore, and would be less "correct" in her perception inasmuch as it would be that much more removed from objective reality.

I suspect this is one of those questions that's supposed to get people thinking about interpretation. Gray and red have no inherent value relative to one another; neither is "superior" on its own merits. So if the colorblind person is seeing something that fewer people see--the gray--then maybe she's having a less common experience than her counterpart. On the other hand, even if experiences are commonplace, we each bring our own interpretations to them, and so even if everybody saw the same shade of red in the exact same way, we'd still be looking at a totally diverse package of perceptions.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: June 05, 2009, 01:57:59 am »
Yes it is one of those questions that is supposed to defy an obvious answer. The person that can see color is perceiving an extra facet of objective reality - the wavelengths within the visible spectrum that an object reflects, transmits, or emits. Thus she is actually perceiving more information about objective reality. But at the same time she is perceiving that information subjectively and in a way that is not representative of the true state of that reality.

So is the colorblind person observing objective reality more accurately because she does not perceive "color" except for the grayscale, or is she perceiving objective reality less accurately because she cannot obtain subjective information about wavelengths of light associated with an object?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #3020 on: June 05, 2009, 04:38:43 pm »

Trick question. The correct answer is the bee that can see the ultraviolet patterns on the petals.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: June 06, 2009, 06:04:20 am »
Hate... I hate that one of my friends is addicted seriously addicted to videgames... She spent all holidays playing Mass Effect(total of 6 playthroughs) ...
And now she got Sims3 and I won't be able to take her out from it now. Plus I have her a copy of Fallout 3 for her birthday which I shouldn't done it. She got some serious problem.
I gonna ask her out so wish me luck! XD

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3022 on: June 06, 2009, 09:35:52 pm »
Yeah, but in her defense...Mass Effect is a really damn awesome game.

Uboa

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: June 06, 2009, 11:36:04 pm »
Apologies if this has been mentioned, but the fact that people actually think that not pursuing legal action in response the C&D sets -legal precedent- frustrates me.  What frustrates me more is the fact that they hold the Compendium responsible for this unfavorable "legal precedent".

Said I wouldn't lament about it again, but what the hell... seriously...

Shee

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
  • Sheeeeeeit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: June 12, 2009, 04:45:53 am »
Jealousy.  Regret.  Also traffic, which isn't really related to the first two.

Also, the damn Magic can't make any free throws and I have to listen to non-stop Laker talk.  Bah.  Such a winnable game for them.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3025 on: June 12, 2009, 07:14:16 pm »
How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :picardno

My $%*! frustration problem is when forums memberd god mod people even though things should be left to the moderators!   I have lurked at various forums and do not like the cliched attitudes.

I am not even sure WHAT to call it when someone tries to act like the moderator and makes people look retarted.

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: June 12, 2009, 10:59:51 pm »
It's called V_Translanka... owait O___o silly me

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: June 12, 2009, 11:26:28 pm »
I'm sick. On my birthday. Fucking lame.

Lakonthegreat

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • Love this community, and care for it as your own.
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3028 on: June 13, 2009, 12:35:49 am »
My music pastor is abandoning my church.

See, a few months ago, my old church split. I went with my music pastor and most of the core church family I had come to love and started attending another church. I played guitar for two years at my old church, and loved every minute of it. Well, I started playing guitar the very week I started attending the new church. My old worship pastor was leading the music there, and it just felt like old times with a few new people in the band. Well, he put his two weeks notice in again because everyone at the new church apparently hates him. Scratch that, it's the richest man at the church that hates him and wants him gone. This man also happens to be the director of the board of the church AAAAAAND the CHIEF OF MEDICINE at LeBonheur Children's Research Hospital here in Memphis.

On top of that, this church has been without a pastor for a few months now. Well, it's a decent size congregation (~1,100) so you would think they'd have at least a few people come and speak at the church before they elected someone to lead it right? Well that's not how Dr. Ken wants to do things. No, no. He's much more content being all corrupt and throwing a puppet of his into the pulpit so he can bend the church to his will. I wish I could explain in more detail but it's so complicated.

I'm so fucking tired of church politics that I'm not going to go anymore. My relationship with God is just that, mine. I don't need a building full of two-faced liars to keep my faith strong. After my music pastor leaves, I'm leaving, and I'm probably never going to come back.

:picardno FML.

TriforceofEternity

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: June 13, 2009, 02:40:00 am »
That Reallly sucks and I thought I had bad problems.