Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII thus far  (Read 4945 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy VII thus far
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2005, 11:47:57 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
How can you even get that high with her?

Lots and lots of pot :lol:

No, you just have to really power her up in the time that you have her. It's possible, if I had a file with her with it, I would show you, but alas, all my file are at the end of the game :|

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2005, 04:33:32 am »
Hoo-boy...This makes me want to replay VII now...Perhaps things would be different and I wouldn't have such a jaded perception of the game...but alas, I just know it would bore me, the characters would annoy me and I would wonder again why I'm replaying it instead of Tactics or VI...

I found Aeris as annoying as I found Clod. No one ever seemed to see anything coming no matter how obvious it was or how much I yelled at the screen. It just got to be rediculous (and that's why Clod is Clod in my books). Aeris pretty much screemed, "Kill me! Kill me! I wonder if I'm gonna die?!?" before it happened...so when it did I was only disappointed that ol' Sephy-head didn't do it sooner...and I thought it was kinda lame how it happened...Galuf's death scene...so much cooler. But it shore did look neat all FMV'D! Yeay for FMVs! Or whatever...I guess...

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2005, 03:29:47 pm »
Galuf?  Who the hell cares about that old man?  I personally didn't care for ANY of the characters in FFV.  Now when Tellah died, that was a good death scene.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2005, 05:45:33 pm »
This is very odd, but for some reason, I really like Cid. The guy's a cursing, smoking mess who failed to achieve the highpoint, but something about him hints at this utterly unflinching resilience. He's yet to undergo more development at this point (I just got the Highwind), but I hope he gets more.

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2005, 06:10:32 pm »
Cid's a cool character in my opinion. The only thing that I don't like his his name (only lame characters, in my opinion, should carry the Cid name over in each Final Fantasy.)

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2005, 06:32:22 pm »
Lame characters?  When ever Cid is a playable character in a FF game, I like him.  I liked Cid in FF4.  I liked him in FF7 (Cloud, Cid, and Red XIII was my main party).  I liked him in FFT.

DeweyisOverrated

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2005, 06:45:41 pm »
You know I never liked Aeris, ever.  Once I got to pick my party of three, she was never in it, once.  So, when she got killed off, I didn't give a crap.

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2005, 06:49:49 pm »
Quote from: DeweyisOverrated
You know I never liked Aeris, ever.  Once I got to pick my party of three, she was never in it, once.  So, when she got killed off, I didn't give a crap.

Same: My main party for most of the game was Cloud, Vincent and...Yuffie. Honestly, I don't know quite why for the latter.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2005, 10:03:06 pm »
After Aeris died, my party permently consisted of Cloud, Barret, and Tifa. Except for when Cloud was gone, and etc, etc.

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2005, 10:55:09 pm »
Quote from: nightmare975
After Aeris died, my party permently consisted of Cloud, Barret, and Tifa. Except for when Cloud was gone, and etc, etc.

You have what I have in my mind the stereotypical post-Aeris party of FF7 (The equivalent of Crono,Marle, and Lucca for CT).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2005, 11:05:20 pm »
I'm using Vincent and Cid.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2005, 11:05:29 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
Quote from: nightmare975

You have what I have in my mind the stereotypical post-Aeris party of FF7 (The equivalent of Crono,Marle, and Lucca for CT).

I only had them for the following reasons:
Cloud, because he has to be in the party, plus Omni-Slash is so awsome
Barret, because his long range attacks and Catastrope is just as good as Omni-Slash
Tifa, because of her linked limit breaks.
When ZeaLtY beats the game, I'll tell how fast I wiped out the 2nd to final boss

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2005, 11:10:51 pm »
Quote from: ZeaLitY

Hmm...interesting group. I've always liked Vincent due to the unpredictability of his limit breaks.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2005, 11:11:58 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
Quote from: ZeaLitY

Hmm...interesting group. I've always liked Vincent due to the unpredictability of his limit breaks.

Never liked it when he was healing the enemies instead of hurting them. Materia Keeper anyone :x

Kazuki

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2005, 11:16:00 pm »
He never heals in his final limit break form, and his style of fighting> Barret's gun arm, in my opinion (He can flip a hunting rifle with one hand, for crying out loud.)