Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII thus far  (Read 4883 times)

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy VII thus far
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005, 12:50:34 am »
Quadra Magic actually doesn't work with KOTR, at least according to what I've heard.  But yeah, continually miming KOTR is basically the only way to beat Ruby and Emerald Weapon, unless you have max stats and limit breaks for every character; in that case, Omnislash does about 150,000 damage, while the Highwind bombs the hell out of an enemy for about 180,000.

Oh yeah, and Sephiroth's health is based on a formula; 80,000 times your number of level 99 characters.  If you get all your characters to level 99, he has even more HP than Ruby and Emerald Weapon.

I remember using Quadra Magic with Bahamut ZERO...I literally had enough time to take a piss and make myself a sandwich before it finished.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005, 01:14:54 am »
Just got to the Desert Prison. This is pretty deep...

I'm starting to get attached to the characters, and though the ultimate internet spoiler has been with me for a long time, I still sense that I'm going to care a great deal when it happens.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2005, 01:48:35 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
I'm starting to get attached to the characters, and though the ultimate internet spoiler has been with me for a long time, I still sense that I'm going to care a great deal when it happens.

You will. You will care for everyone. Even the Turks, at one point.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2005, 02:08:46 am »
I hate to say it, but I do indeed already like the Turks. I don't know how it's possible; these guys are borderline really evil, kidnapping and murdering people and stuff, but they're freaking cool. Sunglasses, those suits...they have a certain style.

Eriol

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2005, 02:09:03 pm »
A few notes:

IIRC, HP absorb doesn't absorb the amount of dmg done, but 1/10 of the amount of damage done, and MP absorb is 1/100 of the dmg done.

Read about "Materia Chains" sometime (maybe there's a different name for it now).  Something some people never realize is that if you link up the same "spell" (doesn't even need to be the exact same materia) multiple times, it has ALL the effects.  For example if you build up 4 "Lightning" materia, and have them all linked to something, if you cast a lightning spell that's in ALL of them, ALL of the linked effects occur.  An example of such is if you had seperate lightnings attached to: HP absorb, MP absorb, Quadra Magic, and Magic Counter (or whatever it's called).  Then every time you cast a lightning spell, it would happen 4 times, absorb HP AND MP, and every time you got attacked it would counterattack with that effect, again doing ALL the linked effects.  This also works with the "Master Materia", so you need less of a type of materia.  I often paired my masters up with HP absorb or Quadra Magic, so basically ALL of my magic was quadra, then anything I wanted to enhance "even more" I linked up seperately.  The master made the normal materia orb "useless", but it was useful for the linked-in effect.

And Zeality, make sure you read the way to get Bahamut Zero.  I missed it completely on my first time through (I failed the Rocket Town event), so make sure you don't miss it, though if you have a guide I'm sure that'll be no problem.

Also IIRC, the materia you can ONLY get if you have chocobos of the right color are: Mime (command), Quadra Magic (linked), HP<->MP (Purple, and useless), and Knights of the Round (summon, and trivializes all encounters EXCEPT the Weapons).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2005, 11:23:50 pm »
I'm going to buy the house. If I fight 100 battles at this alarm area in Junon, I should have over 300,000 gil. I really want that nice estate...

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2005, 12:41:08 am »
To tell the truth, of ALL the stuff you can do in FF7, I never bought that estate.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2005, 12:46:15 am »
Man, how do I use these new limit breaks? I know Cloud has learned two new ones since Cross Slash, and Vincent just learned Death Gigas. Regardless, I don't see them.

Vincent + Beta = tons of gil right now. I'm up to 133,000.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2005, 12:58:47 am »
You go into Limit Menu on the Main Menu. And select Limit Level, then select the the new level (in your case, Lv. 2)

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2005, 01:05:54 am »
BTW, even though Red XIII's limit break "Lunatic High" doesn't attack, its one of the best ones in the game.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2005, 01:17:57 am »
201k!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2005, 02:13:06 am »
I am now the proud owner of my own Villa Cloud in the Costa del Sol. Cloud finally has a home now, considering Nibelheim is...weird, and Midgar blows.

Silvercry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
    • The Great Silvercry's Blog
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2005, 02:27:24 am »
Quote from: ZeaLitY
Cloud finally has a home now, considering Nibelheim is...weird, and Midgar blows.

You don't know the half of it.

By the by, I was wondering as to what your thoughts are thus far on the Aeris character.  I've always liked her personally (though I'm not an 'Aeris Forever' fanboy), and unless you've spent the last 8 years living in a cave on Mars with your eyes shut tight and your fingers in your ears, you know what happens to her at the end of disk one.  Yet, there has always been as much (if not more) Aeris-hate as there is Aeris-worship.  I'm curious: On which side of the line do you fall, and did knowing about her death ahead of time influence your opinion of her any.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2005, 03:01:00 am »
I like her, because she seems to subscribe to this...well, cognitive theory I have, I guess. It's commonly held that people go from innocence as a child to experience, and becoming jaded and perhaps cynical as a result. Aeris, however, regardless of her tragic past and damnable environment and tribulations, seems to have held on to that innocence; she's like a creature not of this world, able to appreciate what others take for granted, and live life's delights to the fullest without unnecessary worry or a negative frame of reference. I would say this indicates an incredibly strong person, very worthy to court Cloud, who is emerging to me as a really cool guy.

Cloud is driven, but not selfishly foregone. He speaks through actions, and when he does talk, he says little and says it well. There's a certain grit he has; guts, perhaps, that seemingly have enabled him, like Aeris, to thrive and continue in this world. He's minded his own business, sought his own empowerment and achievement, and has kept a smooth demeanor throughout most of it. When he is in a heightened emotional state, it's that much more meaningful because he's so level-headed. He can be a bit inhumanly cool and aloof while still feeling strongly within. There's a quote by Korcha in Chrono Cross given to the pirates who question how Serge and crew were able to overpower the Ghost Ship; Korcha states, "Don'tCHA know that we're a cut above the rest?" Cloud comes to mind with this quote, with several other RPG player characters. RPGs are such a delight to me because real thought and devotion goes into their production, and FF7 doesn't disappoint if you examine it on this level. Because of Cloud's driven self-discipline and converse willingless to act when needed, he's a cut above the rest and able to believably undertake such a huge adventure.

But the Turks...I can't wait for some more development with them. Those guys are cool, even though they...apparently caused tons of deaths in Sector 7.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2005, 08:41:52 am »
Aeris isn't innocent, she's stupid. The world's in jeprody and all she cares about is the little love triangle. Tifa, while not much better with more weight on the chest rather the personality, at least has her levels of sweetness and caring towards everyone else. She just cares about Cloud and not any other party member. She's stupid and egoistic, and just tries to be considerate to the others while she dosen't really care.