Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII thus far  (Read 4918 times)

Kazuki

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy VII thus far
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2005, 04:52:55 pm »
Yeah...I was rather unimpressed with Aeris as well. I found myself indifferent at, *the scene*.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2005, 05:31:52 pm »
Quote from: Kazuki
Yeah...I was rather unimpressed with Aeris as well. I found myself indifferent at, *the scene*.

I wasn't really impressed either. They did the same thing in FF3, FF4, FF5, FF6, and Chrono Trigger, so by the time I got to play FF7...

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2005, 07:13:03 pm »
For me, there were only a few "death" scenes that suprised me.  And that was in my first RPG, FF4.  They weren't chicken to "kill-off" a character in that game, so by the time I got to FF7, the Aeris scene didn't effect me like it probably did the Playstation Generation.

Oh, btw, Zeality, if you want even more development for the Turks, be sure to do the Yuffie-Materia side quest.

Eriol

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2005, 07:52:32 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
For me, there were only a few "death" scenes that suprised me.  And that was in my first RPG, FF4.  They weren't chicken to "kill-off" a character in that game

The problem (for me) was that almost nobody STAYED DEAD!!  Palom and Porom were revived by the Master (such a noble and selfless death scene, and they reverse it??), Yang didn't "really" die (twice), Rydia comes back stronger and more badass than ever, Cid refits TWO airships after he dies too (and considering he would have died either from the bomb OR the cave-in alone, it's just f'n stupid), and Edward survives too.  Tellah is the only character that REALLY dies in that story (hell even the bad guys get 2nd chances, with the 4 elemental bosses coming back inside the Giant, and Golbez regenerating from a Hand), which made it more "happy-go-lucky" IMO, and less real.  I still love the game, and it's only a minor blemish, but with the exceptions of Cid and Rydia, you didn't NEED any of the other characters to come back for a plot reason.

So in FFVII, part of me wanted to play with Aeris again, and part of me wanted her to STAY DEAD so that the loss was real.  I was glad that she did stay dead for a real sense of loss in the story.  Same with General Leo in FFVI, though that was less of a shock.  Galuf dying in FFV was also essential, and right.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2005, 08:13:57 pm »
Its not like its uncommon for people who are believed to have died to turn up alive.  Its just the intial shock that got me.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2005, 10:38:59 pm »

OMG! You didn't just say that! I wouldn't stop crying! I loved her! LOVED HER! Oh god the tears are coming back. :cry:

*goes off to cry*

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2005, 10:46:41 pm »
I found nothing annoying or bad about Aeris. She meekly said her part and lived her life, and then sadly died without uttering a word.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2005, 10:54:35 pm »
C'mon... Even though Aerith's way of being sometimes made her appear a silly selfish "love love" girl, her actions by the end of CD 1 definetlely show that she's not like that... She appears to be truly selfless, and I really think that, in the end, her possible love for Cloud is more "motherly like", and this impression only got strenghtened in Advent Children... I think that she always loved Zack, and even if she did like Cloud in a "lover way" she still had Zack in her heart... Damn what a buncha lame talk >.>

I wasn't shocked by seeing her dying for I already knew it before playing the game, and thoguh it's a necessary death for plot unfolding it still made me think "why did she have to die? :/" ha ha ha ha

I like her more than Tifa who used those hooker dresses as a child hahaha

But still Tifa rulez XD Mostly in Advent Children XD

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2005, 11:23:56 pm »
Wait, when did Aeris know Zack?  I must have missed that, or havn't seen Advent Children...

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2005, 11:31:56 pm »
Wait, when did Aeris know Zack?  I must have missed that, or havn't seen Advent Children...

They say it a couple of times in the game. In Gongola, if she's in your party, when you meet Zack's parents, she states that Zack was her boyfriend.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2005, 11:33:05 pm »
Hm... I hardly ever used her, because shes weak, so maybe thats why I missed it...

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2005, 11:35:44 pm »
Hm... I hardly ever used her, because shes weak, so maybe thats why I missed it...

Yeah, she is weak, I only used her because of her healing limit breaks, and my undying love for her. (yes I'm obssesed)

BTW, have you ever used her Lv.4 limit break? It make you invincible!

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2005, 11:40:46 pm »
How can you even get that high with her?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2005, 11:45:25 pm »
I tried to teach her Great Gospel, but it kept saying "Not quite ready yet."

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2005, 11:45:51 pm »
Quote from: nightmare975

OMG! You didn't just say that! I wouldn't stop crying! I loved her! LOVED HER! Oh god the tears are coming back. :cry:

*goes off to cry*

aerisdieslol