Author Topic: A question about Kino  (Read 17057 times)

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2005, 01:09:34 am »
Ok then, I agree with all that, but what about those little things that you fight against. They are their to mimic certain bosses that have more than just one part (like the Guardian for instance), but their is more to them i think, are they a part of Lavos or not?

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
A question about Kino
« Reply #136 on: July 24, 2005, 02:01:21 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Quote from: SilentMartyr
Quote from: CatchRBFivy
then that would mean Kino=Schala since everyone who was thrown in time by lavos is accounted for EXCEPT Schala.  I looked at Wolfspider's theory about Schala being sent to prehistoric but i think its crap.  I would say its just coincidence that Kino was at Mystic Mts by the gate...unless he was a typical waste of life Zeal citizen...if he was, that would explain why he sucks and Ayla walks all over him, but we never see a random Zeal person get sent through a gate.

So its just coincidence.

No, Schala was never gated. She most likely teleported herself and her mother out of the ocean palace after the others were gated. Or she died, but that would have lead to the whole TD which doesn't happen until after Triggers events.

There is too much stuff going together for Kino being found there to just be a coincidence. There is a reason, I just haven't thought of it yet.

There was another woman (an NPC) who was gated besides the Gurus and Janus.

In both timelines? Personally I don't recall it happening in either one. But can you provide a pic or something?

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #137 on: July 24, 2005, 02:32:32 pm »
Gasper DID say in the first visit to the EoT that a lot of people were popping up lately (It's odd Gasper actually uses time expressions).

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
A question about Kino
« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2005, 02:44:34 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
Gasper DID say in the first visit to the EoT that a lot of people were popping up lately (It's odd Gasper actually uses time expressions).

Yes, but where would that woman have been gated to? Not the EoT, only Gaspar went there. And since the woman has no gate key, she certainly didn't leave the time she was sent to.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
A question about Kino
« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2005, 03:32:28 pm »
Quote from: Lordchander
Ok then, I agree with all that, but what about those little things that you fight against. They are their to mimic certain bosses that have more than just one part (like the Guardian for instance), but their is more to them i think, are they a part of Lavos or not?

I think that it's obvious that since Lavos has been doing all sorts of nasty genetic manipulation, that those lil Insectacons (ROBOTS IN DISGUISE!!!) are simply more of that...Or, if you want an example, they're like Lavos' Right & Left Bits...only...y'know...different.

Yeah, I'm not sure what Chrono'99 is referencing either...

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2005, 03:49:08 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
Quote from: Legend of the Past

Yes, but where would that woman have been gated to? Not the EoT, only Gaspar went there. And since the woman has no gate key, she certainly didn't leave the time she was sent to.

Gasper SAID that people were popping up in the EoT lately. He just directed her back to another time and that was that...

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2005, 06:41:46 pm »
You only get sent to the EoT if you travel 4 or more together, no?

OLD MAN: When 4 or more beings step
   into a time warp, the Conservation
   of Time theorem states that they
   will turn up...

...at the space-time coordinates of
   least resistance.
   Here.

Disturbances in the space-time
   continuum have increased recently.
   Far too many folks are just popping
   in here...

I fear something is having a
   powerful effect on

but there is :

OLD MAN: Why,
   this is «The End of Time,» of course!

All lost travelers in time wind up
   here!
   Now, where are you from?

so in that case both are okay

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2005, 06:54:48 pm »
Quote from: DarkGizmo
You only get sent to the EoT if you travel 4 or more together, no?

OLD MAN: When 4 or more beings step
   into a time warp, the Conservation
   of Time theorem states that they
   will turn up...

...at the space-time coordinates of
   least resistance.
   Here.

Disturbances in the space-time
   continuum have increased recently.
   Far too many folks are just popping
   in here...

I fear something is having a
   powerful effect on

but there is :

OLD MAN: Why,
   this is «The End of Time,» of course!

All lost travelers in time wind up
   here!
   Now, where are you from?

so in that case both are okay

Thanks for the support.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #143 on: July 26, 2005, 02:34:03 am »
Anyway if Gaspar said that people keep popping and the is no one there, they must have exited by a gate.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2005, 02:44:27 am »
And how did they get a hold of the Gate? And what about a Gate Key? Also, maybe Gaspar erased their memory of the EoT to keep things safe?

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2005, 03:28:58 am »
A Gate key is only an invention by Lucca to open them, most likely cause by the entity combined with the presence of the pendant.

Normal people would probably just accidently go into an area where a gate would appear.

And also, Gaspar wouldn't need to do any of that because no one would believe the people if they ever told the story, most likely thinking it was a dream.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2005, 03:37:13 am »
Ok, maybe not an impact on any1 else, but an impact on the ppl themselves who went to the EoT. For all we know, it could have been some1 who will oneday be a hero that does something, but instead, the get sucked into the EoT. As a result, they start to think they are wierd and worthless and go hide in a hole like Frog, thus causing ANYTHING to happen!

~LC

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2005, 03:06:30 pm »
Or maybe they just visited the End of Time, were like "WTF" and went home through the Gate they appeared in, deciding never to mess with those wierd blue things again.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2005, 03:09:21 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
Or maybe they just visited the End of Time, were like "WTF" and went home through the Gate they appeared in, deciding never to mess with those wierd blue things again.

Either that, either Gasper directed them back, and they decided to never talk about it again, because WHO in his right mind (Who hasn't time travelled themselves) would believe them?

Daniel Krispin

A question about Kino
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2005, 03:13:07 pm »
Personally, I think that there may have been a hundred heroes like Chrono throughout all of history: some Dragons, some Reptites, some Men and princes of Zeal, some Mystics, and from races yet to come. The Chrono world, perhaps, may have been changed a hundred times, yet who would remember it? They only know things as the end result. Perhaps a thousand perils and ten thousand ruins lay in the future, and each time it was nearly averted. Gaspar, lying outside of time, would know this, and perhaps this is what he speaks of. To be honest, I seriously doubt that Schala teleported herself away from teh Ocean Palace. After all, Chrono Cross specifically states that, as the Palace crumbled about her, she fell into the Tesseract. That leaves no room to actually leave the Palace.