Author Topic: A question about Kino  (Read 16074 times)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« on: July 09, 2005, 07:03:55 am »
Well, I remember it being said that Kino was found in the Mystic Mountains. And to be honest, Kino seemes a bit out of place with the Ioka villagers. Which led me to believe that lovable fella is from another era. Any ideas as to where? Perhaps even a connection to Leah and Geah's Navel?

Oh, and here's the quote, from ZeaLitY's Text Dump on GameFAQ's.

[Meeting Site, 65 Million B.C.]

[Man]
   Strong one become chief.
   Man, woman, child, no matter.
   Chief of Ioka, big muscles!

[Woman]
   You came from mountain?
   Many strange things happen there.
   That's why name Mystic Mountain.

Find baby Kino crying on mountain too.
   Chief raise Kino.
   Now chief's right arm.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 07:27:05 am »
There was an old topic about this. I thinks it was titled "Kino,Zeal," etc.

There were a few theories that he was raised by a past cheif, before Ayla otherwise their ages would clash, and it looks like they're love interests.

Another person said that Kino was gated and was a descendant of Marle Oo.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 07:50:25 am »
First of all, I remember Legend opening this topic on Chronicles. Second, If it were not for the Text Dump Legend put on the first topic, I would have agued all day that those lines werent in the game. Thirdly, what a paradox that would be if Kino was a descendant of Marle!  :!:

~LC

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 11:45:05 am »
All we can do is speculation since only one NPC talk about it and we have so close to nothing information on Kino.

Fact: the only special thing in the Mystic mountain is the gate

but they never say that Kino came from the gate only that he was there crying and when you enter the gate you drop down, personnally I think that baby Kino would have died hitting the ground

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 11:51:58 am »
If Kino would have died from the fall, Crono and his friends would of at least broken their legs.

Sentenal

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 05:33:18 pm »
Well, I won't buy that 'Kino is Marle's decendant' theory, because that would make a causual loop.  If Kino did come from a gate, perhaps he was the original time traveler?  Kino + Ayla is required for the Guardian Line, so if he did come out of a gate, he would have had to be one of the original time travelers.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 05:36:47 pm »
Maybe he got into that gate by accident? He was a baby, so I guess he might of been sucked in at either of the other periods... Oddly, there's no gate that leads to 65 Million BC (Leave alone the one in Magus' Castle, which dosen't count as a true, Planet generated gate).

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 06:32:36 pm »
Quote from: Sentenal
Well, I won't buy that 'Kino is Marle's decendant' theory, because that would make a causual loop.  If Kino did come from a gate, perhaps he was the original time traveler?  Kino + Ayla is required for the Guardian Line, so if he did come out of a gate, he would have had to be one of the original time travelers.

It's all pretty confusing. If Kino came from a Gate, it would mean that the Guardian Line didn't exist in the previous time-line... It would have been pretty different (no Guardia kingdom, no Mystic war, etc.).

Epsilon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 07:10:01 pm »
In one of the End of Time threads, wasn't it theorized that the Mystic Mountain Gate is connected to the 1000 AD Mystic's House Gate? If so, then Kino would theoretically come from 1000 AD, though as has been said, a most likely very different 1000 AD.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
A question about Kino
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2005, 07:25:32 pm »
Quote from: Legend of the Past
If Kino would have died from the fall, Crono and his friends would of at least broken their legs.

Naw, Crono & Co were older, trained and had super (magic) powers.

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
A question about Kino
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2005, 09:22:57 pm »
Quote from: Epsilon
In one of the End of Time threads, wasn't it theorized that the Mystic Mountain Gate is connected to the 1000 AD Mystic's House Gate?

I always thought Proto Dome was the other end of the Gate in Medina (especially since I used that assumption in another thread). On the world maps Proto Dome and Medina are almost on top of each other, while the Mystic Mountains are substantially SW of them.

DarkGizmo

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2005, 12:05:24 am »
I just checked it and 600 AD Medina and 2300 AD Proto Dome match nealry perfectly (like 10 pixel diff) and there is always a gate not conencting to another since there are 9 gates, I checked where could lead the 65,000,000,000 BC gate and the closer it could get is SE of ZFiona's house the only gate near there is the red one.

BTW I doubt Crono would break a leg since he's a fighter and he's 17 not a child

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2005, 01:34:45 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Quote from: Legend of the Past

Naw, Crono & Co were older, trained and had super (magic) powers.

Does that change their physical\genetic makeover? Even if you push the strongest man in the world off a cliff to a fall that'll kill a baby, he'll survive, but at least break a couple of bones.

Sentenal

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2005, 01:45:55 am »
If they can take Lavos' rain of destruction, why can't they take falling off a cliff?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2005, 01:54:07 am »
Quote from: Sentenal
If they can take Lavos' rain of destruction, why can't they take falling off a cliff?

Because Lavos' rain of destruction dosen't cause the pressure of their entire bodies to go against their bones, dangeruslly pushing up their pelvic bone. I've had a girl in my class how fell four stories down about six monthes ago, and the only thing that kept her alive was the fact she landed on the grass. She then went through a night of extensive surgury, and she's still in Aorthu-terhapy. Crono's guys would at least hurt their legs a bit, but they still have the power to fight off about ten Reptites of a blow that would of killed an ordinary human? Plus, I think it's all the the new armor you got in the Sidequests (Rainbow Shell, and whatever other sidequests there are that give you armor I can't remember.)  You overestimate them too much. Their powerful, yes, very, but still, it's a goddamn cliff!