Author Topic: A question about Kino  (Read 16128 times)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2005, 12:49:26 pm »
Quote from: Lordchander
Quote from: Legend
How can she be sent INTO the Mammon.M

If i rememeber, in the Black Omen, Crono and co. were sent 'into' the MM. Unless this was a translation error. But, as you can see, when u start the battle, the background is the same colour as the PD of Lavos, and the MM is a more mettalic colour, any reason why for the colouring part?

It kind of blew up in the Ocean Palace. I guess the FF just keeps it active. Hehe, the MM has more HP then Lavos' shell! :D

Anyways, you weren't sent INTO the MM, you were sent into it's PD, which is probably the center of that weird PD thing the BO is in. And the reason it looks like Lavos' PD is because it uses the Mammon.M.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2005, 11:35:09 pm »
The Mammon Machine wasn't destroyed until it's destroyed in the Black Omen in 12,000 BC.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2005, 02:28:54 am »
Quote from: Zaper
The Mammon Machine wasn't destroyed until it's destroyed in the Black Omen in 12,000 BC.

Are you saying the dustructed state its in when you first appear and see it in the main hall where QZ is? Or do you mean after you destroy it in the PD? Come to think of it, there is no evidence to say it even was physically in rubble again after the u destroy it n the PD. Of course it probably just when down with the Black Omen and got vaporised.

Also, maybe when u get 'thrown' into the MM, the MM is actually 'reconstructed' from its rubbled state and powered up unbelievably due to the FF and Lavos' connection with the BO.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2005, 03:08:23 am »
Quote from: Zaperking

No, the MM was destroyed, maintained only by the FF. All that damage caused the FF to lose energy for some time, and at that time the MM went completly boom.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2005, 03:13:13 am »
So even though its a pile of rubble, it is still running and 'alive'?

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2005, 08:06:22 am »
Quote from: Lordchander
So even though its a pile of rubble, it is still running and 'alive'?

No, the FF didn't let it turn into a pile of rubble.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2005, 08:48:54 am »
No.. It is still in operation. Not only can the Machine still drain Lavos' energy and use it on us, but it DRAIN OUR OWN ENERGY AND USES IT AGAINST US!

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #172 on: July 31, 2005, 11:50:05 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
No.. It is still in operation. Not only can the Machine still drain Lavos' energy and use it on us, but it DRAIN OUR OWN ENERGY AND USES IT AGAINST US!

Yes, it's still in operation, but the Machine itself is destroyed and maintained by the FF. It's still working and intact, but only because the FF supports it.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2005, 02:53:13 am »
Quote from: Legend
No, the FF didn't let it turn into a pile of rubble.

Ya ya, when u fight it its not a pile of rubble, but look at it on the outside, when ur in the Black Omen, there it is, a pile of rubble.  :)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #174 on: August 01, 2005, 05:27:03 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
Quote from: Chrono'99
There was another woman (an NPC) who was gated besides the Gurus and Janus.

In both timelines? Personally I don't recall it happening in either one. But can you provide a pic or something?

Mmh maybe she wasn't gated, but I distinctly remember that there was a NPC in the room (dunno which timeline)... I don't have a save state before the Ocean Palace (I don't even have CT right here) but I guess I'll have to replay that part some time.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
A question about Kino
« Reply #175 on: August 01, 2005, 06:01:19 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
There was another woman (an NPC) who was gated besides the Gurus and Janus.

In both timelines? Personally I don't recall it happening in either one. But can you provide a pic or something?

Mmh maybe she wasn't gated, but I distinctly remember that there was a NPC in the room (dunno which timeline)... I don't have a save state before the Ocean Palace (I don't even have CT right here) but I guess I'll have to replay that part some time.

Not sure about being gated, but yeah, in Magus' flashback (Which is the Lavos Timeline) there's another woman there. Probably an assitant for one of the Gurus.