Author Topic: Chrono Shift General Progress Thread  (Read 82892 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Shift General Progress Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2011, 08:48:42 pm »
Hey fellow fans, thought it might be a good time for an update considering Lance issued one as well.

Game development is chugging along. It never stopped. Even while I was getting my IRL stuff together, TheMage churned out a brand new dungeon that is just amazing. Unlike the demo, it will be the new "first" dungeon the team encounters.

In other news, I've decided to go with the caterpillar system in lieu of the 8-way movement. The version of 8-way movement that Lance has is laggy, and the version I was trying to use actually renders other events useless, which essentially kills the game, so I won't be able to add that unless we get someone on the team who's already figured out how to do it.

The magic system is getting revamped, along with several tilesets, and most of the demo will actually be rewritten for the final game, so in the coming months you should see some cool new stuff.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #121 on: September 15, 2011, 05:11:47 pm »
Sweet! Can't wait for it.  :D

ssbb42

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 22, 2012, 10:41:04 pm »
still waiting :(

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 22, 2012, 11:13:01 pm »
Still working! ;)

Small font update: we have composers making original/custom music, we're customizing just about every sprite used in one way or another, we're making all new enemies and spell animations and sound effects, artists creating original in-game scenario art, and the full plot is thiiick. In other words, the game has lots and lots that you haven't seen before, instead of the same old "infringing" resources. Still the same, we're all trying to be rather hush hush about the whole thing.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2012, 03:29:08 pm »
I noticed you recently requested a map designer for RPGXP. I'd be willing to help.

Additionally, MediaFire removed the demo download for TOS violation. (figures their initials would be MF)

Prisoner of Time

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2013, 12:30:33 pm »
Still checking periodically for updates!  Hope all is going well!

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2013, 11:08:12 pm »
Laaate reply!

Its coming along nicely! A lot of the graphics for the game are being slowly but surely churned out. We switched engines which has taken up some time but the new engine gives us much more elbow room.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2013, 07:54:06 pm »
To elaborate on this...

The plot is 100% finished (it's nearly 50 pages, and when the game is completed it should rival Chrono Trigger at 20-30 hours); the script is a work in progress. All of the weapon, armor, and accessory stats are built and ready for implementation into the game engine. We've changed upgraded the engine and many of the sprites are complete, although we are still building new material slowly but surely.

We're also currently working on the game maps and as we speak I am assembling enemy and boss sprites. We also have three wonderful musicians who have composed a soundtrack that currently sits at approximately 30 new tracks, many of which (in my personal opinion) rival Chrono Trigger's. Just wait until you all hear Rush's theme... It's freaking amazing!

If we have any serious, dedicated mappers we'd love to have you aboard to help speed along production. We would have to see an example map to see what you're capable of, and we're not really willing to just have anyone aboard at this point. If you're an interested spriter/mapper and can demonstrate your ability, feel free to shoot myself or Bekkler a PM and we can discuss our options.

Prisoner of Time

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2014, 09:44:10 am »
Just wanted to give some words of encouragement and let the team know there is at least 1 person who checks this forum frequently for updates!  Hope everything is still going well!

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 19, 2014, 05:22:46 pm »
Thanks a bunch! Everything is going rather smoothly, but no real big updates yet!

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2014, 11:56:28 pm »
Just an update... Still being worked on. :)

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2014, 02:24:23 pm »
Just a small little update, still being worked on :)

Prisoner of Time

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 07, 2014, 10:22:37 am »
Excellent!  This project is the #1 thing that brings me to this site by the way :)

Razzolor

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 01, 2015, 03:08:15 pm »
So excited

Feeso

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 04, 2015, 02:27:02 pm »
I'm so sad to hear this project is canceled, I've been following it since the start and made this account just to ask why? :(