Author Topic: Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!  (Read 15461 times)

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 03:44:30 am »
I have two funny/cute ideas in my head right now that I feel could work.

One is the one I mentioned before (now describing in better detail) Where Kid and Leena participate in challanges to decide who is better for Serge (with Serge in the middle of each suffering). I know at the very end I want Harle to show up and complain that she didn't get to participate and Leena suggests they just start all over much to Serge's horror (the joke being he's a "silent" main character and since they don't ask him his opinion he is forced along and can't complain)

and one based on a funny thing I read on TVtropes http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StrangledByTheRedString that I would quote but it would be considered a spoiler. (you have to highlight the area to see it, it's the second thing listed abotu Chrono Cross.)
The quickest way to sum it up
Kid/Schala: I wuv you Sergey-poo. I will search for you forever.
Magus: What about me?
Kid/Schala: Who?
Magus: Your younger brother who has risked everything for you.
Kid/Schala: Well you see......I wuv my Sergey-poo. I will search for him forever.

And yes it would be a very short one. Hey Corpse69 this is the one you could test you manga studio thing on.

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 05:22:29 am »
well i guess so lol but yer give me time to mess around with it >.< i need to get a tablet well one day i will lol

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 08:45:22 am »
I was thinking of writing a story about
Leena vs Kid: The Battle for Serge hahahahahahaha... They do a contest to see who would make a better girlfriend/bride for him.
You rock, man!  8)

I guess here'd be the structure then. From here on, keep a debate on what stories we all would like. The best selected stories will be noted in first page. Even if it's not noted, if someone wants to make his own stories do tell us and it'll still be noted.

Then we'll select the script writer. The script would be modified/improved according to what the folks of the Doujinshi Circle suggest. THEN there'd be prototype storyboard. After that, character concept arts would be made, and THEN about three artists would copy that character art style and draw the doujinshi! XD This would make the production even faster.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 02:13:00 pm »
I was thinking of writing a story about
Leena vs Kid: The Battle for Serge hahahahahahaha... They do a contest to see who would make a better girlfriend/bride for him.
You rock, man!  8)

I guess here'd be the structure then. From here on, keep a debate on what stories we all would like. The best selected stories will be noted in first page. Even if it's not noted, if someone wants to make his own stories do tell us and it'll still be noted.

Then we'll select the script writer. The script would be modified/improved according to what the folks of the Doujinshi Circle suggest. THEN there'd be prototype storyboard. After that, character concept arts would be made, and THEN about three artists would copy that character art style and draw the doujinshi! XD This would make the production even faster.

Oh why thank you. I have a couple challenges lined up I could share some of the possibiltes with you and you can tell me what you think. I would help me with writing it.

That's a pretty good idea. When you say select a script writer you mean to go with the idea right (if it's going to be a collecton then a diffrent writer for diffrent stories is fine). Then people should sign up as writers as well. 

So people can either
*Become an writer for the Circle
*Become an Editor for the circle
*Become an Artist for the circle (Perhaps split that into Storyboard Artist,Concept Artist, and Dōjinshi Artist. It less complicated then it sounds)
**Although I don't suggest it someone of wonderious talent could become all of them, but you may find that it's a difficult task.
*Suggest a story concept for the Circle
*the best ideas will be listed on the front page.

alot of manga/comics/Dōjinshi/ect. are done by teams with pages being drawn by diffrent people and such so I suppose this is the best method. I think the work will be well worth it.

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 06:58:32 pm »
your missing a few jobs lol

*a detailist
*rough copy artist
*final touch adder (cant remember reaL name)
*cover artist

a few more also

i was thinking on doing something to do with the arris dome and its peoples and that plant lol >.> somthing that ive always thought about lol

or on Toma he seemed rather interesting lol
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 07:23:41 pm by Corpse69 »

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 09:16:18 pm »
Sounds good to me. I'd probably just suggest story ideas but hey, I say go through with it! Sounds great!

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 09:18:35 pm »
also a background artist thats pretty important

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 02:34:44 am »
Yeah, how could I have forgotten! But hey, the more the merrier! xD

Anywhos, whoever wants to do sort for any doujinshi may apply here and be credited for their work. Each doujinshi would have its own thread at the arts forum and everything about it would be discussed there. We'd need a project leader to lead, of course, and his/her work would be the hardest.

But the question is, WHICH story would you prefer to work on first?  :lol:

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 04:21:33 am »
dunno anything to get over bordem

im a hikikomori  so lol alot of free time

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 06:53:32 am »
This seems more & more to be just a bunch of people wanting to make random doujin, which wouldn't need a project lead or group mentality at all...If everyone just wants to make their own thing, it just doesn't seem like there's a need to make a "circle" for it...

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2009, 07:25:13 am »
some one who understands! its really true

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 09:12:28 am »
Only half true. =P The circle could be judged similarly to my Animation Workshop which is currently on hold due to the C&D thing (and some confidential matters). I started it, I'm at the center of it and I help out everyone/every project in the circle of it. But there will be SEVERAL chapters/pieces to be made, and each separate from the other. Thus to make matters simple, each project/animation piece/doujin would need to be organized as an independent group (but they can still ask for help from the other groups) and make their own chapters or what not.

Does it make sense?

Also, each group would need a leader, because my personal experience in projects tells me that the group needs a leader, because without it the project will be lead astray by every other member and eventually break without completion. Every project must have a dedicated leader.

EDIT: Oops! But yeah. If SOMEONE wants to make the entire manga himself/herself, they're free to do so!  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:17:23 am by tushantin »

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2009, 11:14:12 am »
Only half true. =P The circle could be judged similarly to my Animation Workshop which is currently on hold due to the C&D thing (and some confidential matters). I started it, I'm at the center of it and I help out everyone/every project in the circle of it. But there will be SEVERAL chapters/pieces to be made, and each separate from the other. Thus to make matters simple, each project/animation piece/doujin would need to be organized as an independent group (but they can still ask for help from the other groups) and make their own chapters or what not.

Does it make sense?

Also, each group would need a leader, because my personal experience in projects tells me that the group needs a leader, because without it the project will be lead astray by every other member and eventually break without completion. Every project must have a dedicated leader.

EDIT: Oops! But yeah. If SOMEONE wants to make the entire manga himself/herself, they're free to do so!  :lol:

Heheheheh I could be leader! I did suggest this in the first place.
I wouldn't suggest it though. I'm more of an idea person.

You know we could try to think of an on going story and the sillier ones could go between it. Besides a circle is also a good way to bring the comunity together. One person doing all that work alone, from what I have seen this leads to alot of pressure for them to complete it and then boom they give up because it's to much for one person.

I was actully thinking at some point we could come up with a real storyline, but we could start with more comedic things at first to practice and to cheer everyone up after what happened with CE.

I'm gonna being writing my Leena vs Kid one soon (I have a nasty cold right now)

This seems more & more to be just a bunch of people wanting to make random doujin, which wouldn't need a project lead or group mentality at all...If everyone just wants to make their own thing, it just doesn't seem like there's a need to make a "circle" for it...

The point is we take these random people and we make them a group with a real goal. We give them a group mentality. It's easy to say "I wanna so something", but most would find it difficult to go through with it alone.  By chooseing which stories to keep and which to toss and working on them as a group we increase the chance of actully finishing something in a nice timely manner well making friends. Most if not all doujin are a group effort not a single person.

For example

Person A is a good writer, but can't draw.
Person B is a good background artist, but can't write or draw people.
Person C is a good people artist, but can't write or draw backgrounds.

All three of them want to make a doujin of some kind. Wouldn't it make more sense if the three teamed up instead of trying on their own. (This is just and example) despite the whole YOU CAN DO ANYTHING mindset that is force fed into people (well it is true, it takes alot of hard work and spirit...alot  :D) most of the time it's better to balance out your weakness with the help of someone who has a strength you don't have, besides that also opens you up to other people.

A circle is a chance for everyone in it to become closer and use our unique talents to create something we all can say we are proud of.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2009, 01:21:22 pm »
So it'll just be a compilation of various fan's sequential fanart...Nevermind, I'll just wait until an actual community project comes along then...

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 01:27:56 pm »
So it'll just be a compilation of various fan's sequential fanart...Nevermind, I'll just wait until an actual community project comes along then...
Obviously not! And see? That's the problem! If people don't take things like this seriously no GOOD doujinshi would ever be complete! True, I admire light hearted short doujin pages and all, but still.