Author Topic: Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!  (Read 14942 times)

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Compendium Dōjinshi Circle! Let's do this!
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2009, 05:39:06 pm »
The Compendium is a collection of information AND fan art. In fact, most of the really interesting information IS fan made. Hell, one of the main reasons for the information is for fan works, to help define the canon and allow for concise fan art. The Compendium would already host a doujin regardless (it already does so with fanfics and fanart separately), so just having a Compendium sub-group that does the same doesn't seem necessary. It needs something to actually make it a group project more than, "everybody make stuff", which is what it seems to boil down to. I didn't mean the Compendium was a doujin...V_V
Um I know what the Compendium is. I don't see what that has to do with a Dōjinshi. (A Dōjinshi a comic/manga um the Compendium is not)
Ok then if that's how you feel about it we don't need to be a Compendium sub-group (I didn't even know I was asking for one) we'll make Dōjinshi without your blessing. We'll just be "A Chrono Dōjinshi Circle". I mean it's not liek we your permission to make Chrono Dōjinshi. Although it would make it easier to attract peoples attention if we had support, we can do it regardless of your postion on it V.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2009, 05:53:03 pm »
You're on the Compendium, consisting of one group (a whole lil community of gamers as it were), you're a group of people (unless I'm somehow misinterpreting the word "Circle"?) within that, thus 'sub-group'.

If you want to make a doujin, you can just make it and submit it. This is the point I'm trying to make; What is the point of this thread then? I'm not trying to bash the idea or prevent anyone from making Chrono-based doujin. It's just something happening in the forums that I do not understand (and would greatly like to if in fact there is anything to understand). I would say just as much, if not more because I'm wacky like that, if I had no mod/admin w/e.

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2009, 11:21:17 pm »
 :lee: are we just going around in circles here?

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2009, 11:26:14 pm »
You're on the Compendium, consisting of one group (a whole lil community of gamers as it were), you're a group of people (unless I'm somehow misinterpreting the word "Circle"?) within that, thus 'sub-group'.

If you want to make a doujin, you can just make it and submit it. This is the point I'm trying to make; What is the point of this thread then? I'm not trying to bash the idea or prevent anyone from making Chrono-based doujin. It's just something happening in the forums that I do not understand (and would greatly like to if in fact there is anything to understand). I would say just as much, if not more because I'm wacky like that, if I had no mod/admin w/e.

I posted this to gather people to make one. They are rarely made alone and in all honesty I lack the art skills to make one alone.
A circle is just a group of people who make doujin, it's as simple as that. Not everyone has to be involved, it just seemed like an intellegent idea to post such a request on a fourm where large numbers of fans gather. Besides I feel everyone could use something creative to do to get their minds of of CE thus I thought it would be nice to take story suggestions even from people who arn't part of the circle
in other words
Circle= People who write and draw the doujin in question.

:lee: are we just going around in circles here?
I think we may be -_-' I swear I've already typed this twice. (no offence meant V...maybe I'm not being clear?)

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2009, 12:28:38 am »
we should talk about tis all via instant messaging at some convenient time

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2009, 12:55:27 am »
we should talk about tis all via instant messaging at some convenient time

That would most likely be for the best. But first I must download a new instant messager. I got this computer a few months ago and keep holding off on it.

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2009, 01:01:50 am »
or even irc or ventrilo lol

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2009, 03:18:57 am »
I haven't read the entire thread yet, but I see where this is going. Let me elaborate, V.

:lol: A small 2 pages Doujin is easy to make when one guy does it all by himself, yet time consuming, and many of us have lives. Thus, making 10-18 pages doujin is OUTTA THE QUESTION! If someone were to make it they'd need a "circle" or a group or something. Consider it as something of a fanproject. Crimson Echoes wasn't done by one man army. It was 3 men or more.

Making a good doujin WOULD need quite an amount of people, thus the thread to see if anybody's interested in helping. Just like I'm makin an anime, I need some people to help me, but sadly nobody's got the time so I'm doin it on my own thus it's taking longer than I thought.

Get it?

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2009, 03:31:58 am »
well dude ive seen an anime soly produced by 1 man alone and that went for 50 mins and thats just crazy XD
youd be insane to animate a 50 min film alone and he has my prazes because he did it ill put the link under this post

heres the link http://www.asian-horror-movies.com/mid.php

its based of a manga called mr Arashi's amazing freak show i dont really like some of  the artists other work as they contain scat images xD but some are pretty good mangas

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2009, 04:13:41 am »
I haven't read the entire thread yet, but I see where this is going. Let me elaborate, V.

:lol: A small 2 pages Doujin is easy to make when one guy does it all by himself, yet time consuming, and many of us have lives. Thus, making 10-18 pages doujin is OUTTA THE QUESTION! If someone were to make it they'd need a "circle" or a group or something. Consider it as something of a fanproject. Crimson Echoes wasn't done by one man army. It was 3 men or more.

Making a good doujin WOULD need quite an amount of people, thus the thread to see if anybody's interested in helping. Just like I'm makin an anime, I need some people to help me, but sadly nobody's got the time so I'm doin it on my own thus it's taking longer than I thought.

Get it?
Wow that's what I was trying to get across and you just say it....I wish I could be that way....SO I WILL BE!
Anyway I wish I could help you with your anime  :D , but I'm more of a writer and idea kinda guy so you most likley wouldn't need my help. Thanks for the back up  ^.- appreciate it.

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2009, 04:55:17 am »
 :lee: we can do it! just need to focus a little more

i cant really do any thing on chrono cross i never played it DUH DUH DUH was never released on PAL format
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 05:31:45 am by Corpse69 »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2009, 08:16:10 am »
I posted this to gather people to make one. They are rarely made alone and in all honesty I lack the art skills to make one alone.

I think that's all I needed to hear. Sorry if I was being unclear myself or else misinterpreting things. Geeze, I sort of made half of this thread about me being confuzzled and everyone trying to talk me through it real slow-like. :lol: I don't even completely understand what I was trying to say now that I look back at it! >_<

Wait, maybe it's because this doesn't belong in the General Discussion forum...?

Anyways, I'm on board (again? FUCKIN FLIP-FLOPPIN MUTHA FUCKA!)...I can write and/or throw ideas out, but any actual art would be...well, idk...I guess I do ok with the Oekaki...? It'd be a very simplistic approach and I'd be doing a shitton of learning along the way...

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2009, 10:42:25 am »
I'd be happy to help too ^^ I write fanfic semi-regularly and can draw a bit too...

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2009, 10:57:31 am »

I think that's all I needed to hear. Sorry if I was being unclear myself or else misinterpreting things. Geeze, I sort of made half of this thread about me being confuzzled and everyone trying to talk me through it real slow-like. :lol: I don't even completely understand what I was trying to say now that I look back at it! >_<

Wait, maybe it's because this doesn't belong in the General Discussion forum...?

Anyways, I'm on board (again? FUCKIN FLIP-FLOPPIN MUTHA FUCKA!)...I can write and/or throw ideas out, but any actual art would be...well, idk...I guess I do ok with the Oekaki...? It'd be a very simplistic approach and I'd be doing a shitton of learning along the way...

It's ok I suck at explaining things anyway. Good to have you support.

I'd be happy to help too ^^ I write fanfic semi-regularly and can draw a bit too...

Yours to. I'll iron out the circle alittle more once we have more volunteers.

We can vote for which story ideas we'll go with after we have enough people and ideas. We have alot of willing writers (which is good, varity is the spice of life) but we need more artists.

Perhaps artists should submit an example? (previous work they have done. So we can be familair with everyones art style when decideing which stories should be in whos style)

i cant really do any thing on chrono cross i never played it DUH DUH DUH was never released on PAL format

*pats head* It's ok. *thumbs up* Don't worry about it! Everything will work out because we will make it work out!

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2009, 02:33:53 am »
 :lol: Don't think about art YET, because we need to finalize the story first. Let's see how this would go.

1) First decide on the story. When you know the story you can write it.
2) Throw in a bunch of ideas. There has to be one person to supervise this. If many throw out idea,s then a few should write down a chapter based on that idea. The supervisor would combine the best of all the ideas and put it in one document. If the others don't approve of something, be openminded and speak. With majority votes, things would be fixed and finalized.

After these are done, we move on to the next.

3) Storyboarding
4) Character designs
5) Manga sketches/scans
6) Photoshop-ping
7) Windowshopping (hey, everyone's gotta take a break!)