Author Topic: Influential Compendium Members  (Read 3128 times)

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
Influential Compendium Members
« on: December 14, 2008, 07:27:30 pm »
Out of the lot of us, who here do you think affect others the greatest in a positive light?

My picks would be Zeality and Faustwolf, most likely. Zeality is the embodiment of the Springtime of Youth, and some of the things he's said I'm sure have inspired more than just myself to do things one normally wouldn't. Faust is also definitely a worthy mention, seeing his amazingly large effects on the fan community, and being the head of one of the largest fan creations I've seen in my entirety in the field.

What does everyone else think?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: Influential Compendium Members
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 07:34:43 pm »
Schala, Z, and T.K.

Schala is a really good friend to me.

Z b/c of his tremendous amounts of LEGENDARY Win.

T.K. for providing unique entertainment and an awesome RPG!

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 07:39:29 pm »
Why, thank you, my friend. I do my best to make the community a better place while I am around. *laughs heartily*

I would say that there are a handful of positive influences out there, that names alone just to say would be a rather unsporting thing. I'd give a medal to each of those beings, if I could.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 07:40:59 pm »
That's why you haven't gotten one. I couldn't get it to you.

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 08:29:16 pm »
I guess it goes without surprise that admins(*) would end up in the top three ranks of active influencibility in this forum. But, that said it goes, for me anyways:
1) Ramsus*
2) ZeaLity* and Faustwolf* (tie)
3) Thought and V_Translanka (tie)

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 08:43:27 pm »
Indeed, ZeaLitY is on my list. Thought, Ramsus, and Translanka are up there, too. ZeaLitY is the guy I talk to when I'm having problems with the folks, so he's really helpful to me at least. Thought likes analyzing things in a new light I've never seen before. Ramsus? ... he made the site. I think that's enough to merit being influential. Translanka is just fun. He makes things seem so much more fun, you know?

x_XTacTX_x

• I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 08:59:47 pm »
Zeality and I have had some very meaningful discussions, and he's probably one of the most interesting people I've had the pleasure of talking to.

And though I haven't talked to him much, Ramsus is indeed one of the most influential people here.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 09:42:25 pm »
This sounds like a terrible thread where people will just be patting each other on the back...I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing (who knows? maybe I only think that because people have mentioned me, though :lol:)...I certainly can't call up an urge to LOCKE it or anything...V_V

But, anyways...ZeaLitY & Ramsus no contest, without them, this whole thing wouldn't even exist...I'm also gonna add some oldschoolers most of you have probably only seen posts of in the Analysis forums...GrayLensman, Aitrus, YbrikMetaknight, & warmgun...Radical_Dreamer, Lord J esq & Daniel Krispin are certainly deserving of some props here as well...I'm probably leaving out people as well...but w/e...

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 09:46:48 pm »
Yeah, a lot of the previous generation(s) deserve due props.  There aren't many remnants of their involvement, but they helped lay the foundation for all of us that are still here.  I just wish THEY were still here.

Ramsus

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 10:39:43 pm »
Most of the truly influential Compendium members are no longer here, and most of the current members have probably never heard of them.

In fact, I think a few of them are dead now.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 10:39:54 pm »
I'm beating a dead horse, but we really lost an influential member with the sudden departure of GrayLensman. It's also nice to have Chrono'99 back; he's a true Guru of Reason, active in analysis, ROM hacking, and the community.

Credit to Lord J, who helped set the tone early on.

But yeah, this thread could be a cult of personality type thing, so eh...

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 10:41:13 pm »
This sounds like a terrible thread where people will just be patting each other on the back...I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing (who knows? maybe I only think that because people have mentioned me, though :lol:)...I certainly can't call up an urge to LOCKE it or anything...V_V

But, anyways...ZeaLitY & Ramsus no contest, without them, this whole thing wouldn't even exist...I'm also gonna add some oldschoolers most of you have probably only seen posts of in the Analysis forums...GrayLensman, Aitrus, YbrikMetaknight, & warmgun...Radical_Dreamer, Lord J esq & Daniel Krispin are certainly deserving of some props here as well...I'm probably leaving out people as well...but w/e...
True, which is why I said 'active' influencibility.

Ramsus

« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2008, 11:45:16 pm »
I'm beating a dead horse, but we really lost an influential member with the sudden departure of GrayLensman. It's also nice to have Chrono'99 back; he's a true Guru of Reason, active in analysis, ROM hacking, and the community.

Credit to Lord J, who helped set the tone early on.

But yeah, this thread could be a cult of personality type thing, so eh...

And that makes you Kim Il Sung. Just think, when you die, your son can take over.

Or maybe you're really Stalin. In which case all these missing members never really "disappeared" so much as were "purged."

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 12:33:42 am »
I started typing a list, but then I found out that there's just too many to mention. The Chrono Compendium is a living, breathing community of awesome. Thanks to everyone here, I've been truly empowered as a videogame fan.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 12:39:20 am »
Ramsus
Zeality
Faustwolf
V_Translanka
Vehek
Chrono'99