Author Topic: Influential Compendium Members  (Read 3185 times)

Ramsus

Re: Influential Compendium Members
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 02:58:19 am »
Believe it or not, my influence on the site is minimal in scope and limited merely to the overall layout/design aesthetic and technical implementation most of the time. Beyond that, Z does what he wants with the site. Even the hosting is now paid for by Z, and sometime next year he'll take over ownership of the domain names as well. He also manages most of the backups these days.

In fact, beyond managing a few hosting/server moves and a few more layout/design and technical changes and additions, I might not have much more to do with the Compendium.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 03:54:30 am »
 :cry: I'm not anywhere...I thought of all you guys:

Ramsus
Zeality
V_Translanka
FaustWolf
justin3009
GrayLensman
Vehek
Chrono'99
Boo the Gentleman Caller
Daniel Krispin
Lord J
Kyronea
Burning Zeppelin

...ah screw it, their is way to many people.

FaustWolf is an Admin? He a good choice but I thought it was just Z, Ramsus and Radical_Dreamer.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 08:21:42 am »
...I certainly can't call up an urge to LOCKE it or anything...V_V

That was horrible, Trans. Let's hope for your sake that you don't pursue a comedy career, to spare you from having to come home wearing tomatoes and whatnot. :lol:

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2008, 08:38:04 am »
All I've got to say to that is: Read the sig, bub...Though one day I might change it to read "Comedically Your Buddy"...I just don't quite think it quite fits with a BM hadoken that much...Though maybe a bit more with this one since it's a wacky Zucatdoken...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 08:39:41 am by V_Translanka »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2008, 10:03:57 am »
Edit:

TeaFlower
T.K.
Nightmare
Wait a minute!

I am influential?!

I don't count myself as influential. I-I can see T.K. and Nightmare, but me of all people? Seriously! What all do I do here? I R.P., I poll, I welcome people... sure, I'm way in the Springtime of Youth and I like to make funny comix, but other than that, I'm no good at hacking or analyzing or stuff like that.

I do have to add more people. T.K., Schala, Boo, and Krispen. T.K. because he made that kickass RP and he contributes so much to discussion, Schala 'cause she puts a new spin on the whole Schala thing, Boo because he can twist anything around in an analysis, and Krispen because he's the resident classics major and knows a lot about the game and stuff.

Maybe I am influential, what with my fixing of grammar...

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008, 10:30:38 am »
FaustWolf , Broj and boo ....they have a way with words lol !

Ramsus

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 10:47:10 am »
People are mostly just listing the names they've seen around a lot. They aren't applying much, if any, criteria for judging the influence of a person. You also have to consider how they contribute.

For example, until we made V a mod, he was mostly the forum's veteran comic relief and booster of morale -- generally not the most influential of positions as far as the site goes, although an important one for the community. Now he goes through the drudgery of cleaning up littles messes like bots and forums spats before most of us admins even see them, and without his work it'd be like when Gray disappeared all over again. He's become somewhat essential to the operation of the site, and what he says carries weight.

Furthermore, as the first form of moderation most newer members encounter on the site, he also has influence over the site by enforcing its norms -- if not shaping those norms in a very hands on way. And in a similar sense, he has also frequented a variety of Internet locales from time to time where he is sometimes the first person to spread knowledge of the Compendium. In that sense, he has influence over how other communities view ours.

However, long before that he used to be part of the founding analysis discussion of the site, and in that sense, he's been much more influential to the formation of the content on the site than many of the members who've joined in the last few years. Now that a new game means throwing some old theories out the window, that ship's sort of returned for a while, but you get the idea.

More so along those lines though, the only person who's maintained a direct role in the content of the site, the focus of the community, and the atmosphere of the forums throughout the entire lifetime of the Compendium has been Z. That's why he's considered the real founder of the site. He's even pro-actively reached out to other communities and is known to personally pop up in any discussion that even vaguely mentions the Compendium.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 10:50:15 am by Ramsus »

teaflower

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 10:57:52 am »
I've been trying to keep away from the whole 'OMG this person posts a lot they must be awesome!' thing (no offense to you, Shadow), but indeed Z is one of, if not the, most influential.

Indeed, V cleans up a lot of our messes and is just fun to talk with in general. Ramsus, as much as you say you don't deserve credit and you just do technical stuff, if not for your genius where would we be? Nowheres!

Seriously, though. Am I just considered influential because I'm here everyday if I can help it?

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 11:16:28 am »
Everyone's been said already, but anyhoo:

ZeaLitY (the freaking life of the Compendium)
Ramsus (we wouldn't have a Compendium without him; I recall when you had once left for a few months and there was a lot of "We have so much planned for the site but we need Ramsus back" from Z)
Lord J (just simply brilliant, plus your wit was untouchable)
FaustWolf (the most dedicated fan and hacker along with justin; generally friendly and great)
justin3009 (see above)
Radical_Dreamer (generally brilliant)
GrayLensman (needs no explanation)
Chrono'99 (kept analysis fresh and fun)
Magus22 (always had something great to post, especially being the first to really theorize that Dalton caused the Fall of Guardia. Plus, Picard!)
Ybrikmetaknight (alas, I think I showed up around the time you disappeared - and you did turn up again every now and then - but your posts were great)
V_Translanka (Obnoxiously evil and hilarious, a damn good mod)
nightmare975 (CE's map designer, and he's just damn awesome)
Kyronea (did he ever come back? He was really one of the most interesting posters and I recall him keeping a lot of analysis going)
Leebot (my memory of him is vague, but I do remember he contributed a lot)
Burning Zeppelin (doez tihs mean cruhno brek)
Geiger (TF anyone?)
Vehek (contributes heavily to TF)
utunnels (already influential due to revealing some big changes in RD's script)
Daniel Krispin (as lost as I was in most of your essays/posts, you frequently added to good debates and discussions)
teaflower (one of the most friendly active members)
Boo the Gentleman Caller (see above)
maggiekarp (your comics are impossible to beat)
Thought (Jesus, how did I forget you)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 12:55:51 pm by Pyt Fumv »

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 12:47:31 pm »
This sounds like a terrible thread where people will just be patting each other on the back...I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing (who knows? maybe I only think that because people have mentioned me, though :lol:)...I certainly can't call up an urge to LOCKE it or anything...V_V

Meh, some people can never really be thanked enough. Zeality, Ramsus, GrayLensman, Crono'99, Radical_Dreamer, Faustwolf, You, etc have all done a crapload for the site and Chronodom in general. As such, you have to put up with people occasionally recognizing it and giving you (some of) the applause you deserve. If the Compendium was a museum, you'd all probably have wings named after you. Or a bathroom or parking spot or something.

KebreI

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • A true man never dies, even when he's killed
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 03:35:52 pm »
Man Burning Zeppelin, Glennleo and Kyronea all need to make a reappearance. They where amazing additions to conversation and analysis.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 04:07:02 pm »
Edit:

TeaFlower
T.K.
Nightmare
Wait a minute!

I am influential?!

Not to jinx it, but there's something nice about your spingtime of youth posts. They'll probably stop as you get older and want more privacy concerning your daily life, but as it stands, you're the heart of that forum.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 04:11:10 pm »
Also, since he's been omitted so far, jsondag. It's obvious why he's been left out -- all his work is still a secret in the Crimson Echoes forum. But after release, when those forums are opened up, you'll see why he's the life of the project. He's probably the most prolific user of Temporal Flux. And when CE comes out, he'll suddenly be affirmed a maximally influential Chrono fan.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:12:42 pm by ZeaLitY »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 04:31:21 pm »
Oh CRAP I meant to mention jsondag.

Ramsus

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2008, 04:32:32 pm »
It's amazing how many clandestine operations the Compendium sponsors, many of which will never become common knowledge.

That makes jsondag the Compendium equivalent to J. Robert Oppenheimer.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 04:36:29 pm by Ramsus »