Author Topic: Influential Compendium Members  (Read 3680 times)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: Influential Compendium Members
« Reply #45 on: December 15, 2008, 09:49:34 pm »
Well written.

'Nuff said.

x_XTacTX_x

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2008, 10:10:54 pm »
Ah, you make a valid point Daniel. Especially noting the Illiad; Hektor's death was visible for a long time coming.

But that still doesn't justify ruining the ending of something. it's always far more satisfying to figure out the finale on one's own. I'm afraid Shadow D. Darkman might have misread your post.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2008, 10:22:19 pm »
Did I? All I said was that it was well written. I do not recall disclosing why.

x_XTacTX_x

• I got myself a Paper Clip.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2008, 10:25:09 pm »
I was thinking you saw it as an agreement on which spoilers are a good thing for everyone. If I misread it, then I apologize and we can get back on topic.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2008, 11:02:04 pm »
Pan's Labyrinth would have been much cooler if they didn't show her dying in the beginning...Still a great movie though...On a sidenote, I have no idea why you guys started talking about spoilers in this topic...

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2008, 03:06:27 am »
So as to spoil it?

Sorry, bad joke. I'm terribly tired from finals and all.

teaflower

• Dreams are the gateway to reality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2008, 09:12:23 am »
On the topic of spoilers, I steer clear of them as best I can. Sorry to anyone in T.O. who read my background info on Seren and Aderyn. I never tell the endings of most of my stories, mainly because it's mean and you won't want to read the middle and because I haven't thought them up yet.  :D

As for me being influential, I do the Springtime of Youth thing so much so that I know what needs to be done today. It keeps me on track and stuff.

There is this one guy... I think it's justin3009 or something along those lines... but he's great with hacking things. I was personally quite happy when I saw that he had done stuff with Tales of Destiny (such as what happens when we give Clement to Lilith and make her use Stahn's moves).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2008, 04:04:00 pm »
Oh my goodness CE is closed because:

a) when it's open 99% of the posts are "how is progress" "when will it be done" "is it done yet" , being constantly hassled on the internet is demoralizing and we can't work on it on a consistent basis cause it's a hobby
b) to stay under the radar as much as we can
and finally (much lower)
c) spoilers

Before the forums was closed there was a huge sticky thread detailing the entire plot of crimson echoes.  Having the game be a surprise is just a nice perk of a) & b). 

And on topic:  Zeality + Ramsus are easily the influential people of the site (today).  I'm pretty if anyone else just suddenly dissapeared the site would carry on, but if those 2 dissapeared it'd slowly deteriorate to nothing.  I can pretty comfortably say this because V, myself and chrono 99 have all gone AWOL w/o warning in the past.

--JP

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2008, 01:24:37 am »
Oh my goodness CE is closed because:

a) when it's open 99% of the posts are "how is progress" "when will it be done" "is it done yet" , being constantly hassled on the internet is demoralizing and we can't work on it on a consistent basis cause it's a hobby
b) to stay under the radar as much as we can
and finally (much lower)
c) spoilers

Before the forums was closed there was a huge sticky thread detailing the entire plot of crimson echoes.  Having the game be a surprise is just a nice perk of a) & b). 

And on topic:  Zeality + Ramsus are easily the influential people of the site (today).  I'm pretty if anyone else just suddenly dissapeared the site would carry on, but if those 2 dissapeared it'd slowly deteriorate to nothing.  I can pretty comfortably say this because V, myself and chrono 99 have all gone AWOL w/o warning in the past.

--JP

I second that. I think for the most part Ramsus is the brains of the Compendium, and ZeaLitY is its heart.

Ramsus

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2008, 08:50:45 am »
More like I'm the guy who makes the swords, and Z is the samurai who makes them famous.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2008, 09:09:46 am »
Melchior and Frog? XD

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 17, 2008, 09:29:25 am »
Nice comparison, Tunnels. :D

BROJ

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 17, 2008, 12:40:10 pm »
More like I'm the guy who makes the swords, and Z is the samurai who makes them famous.
True enough, but are not swords known and many-times named after their forgers in Japanese mythology? :wink: At any rate, if not you, then who would have been willing to make a quality receptacle for Chrono Series discussion and analysis? By that alone, you have done much for the community and deserve the proper honors.

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2008, 12:50:43 pm »
I haven't been around long, but BROJ and Daniel Krispin have both extended my vocabulary and provide some good debate. Makes you want to think up a good argument if your going to disagree with anyone. V inspires me to try harder and harder to become a better to become more of a smart ass no offense was meant by that I consider myself a smart ass too. I haven't really had much chance to observe other people as much. Surprisingly I don't think I've even had a discussion with Z or Faustwolf.

placidchap

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2008, 03:43:37 pm »
Shadow D. Darkman, because he has the raddest amount of posts per day.