Author Topic: Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)  (Read 141260 times)

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)
« Reply #570 on: January 18, 2009, 12:21:29 pm »
Well, the Astral Amulet is what I mean. But how in the world would it be possible for Lucca to make it for her? That is something I can't agree with you on, unless you explain it really slowly.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 18, 2009, 12:32:19 pm »
Well, maybe that amulet was planned to be given by Janus, in earlier development. When they were about to remove Janus from CC, some stories might already been fleshed, and not all of those indications were removed or changed completely.
But it's unlikely that Lucca made it, since it has a Zeal emblem...

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #572 on: January 18, 2009, 01:48:48 pm »
I'm pretty sure that Kid mentions 'big sister' (Lucca) gave her the astral amulet, but it never specifies that Lucca made it. That doesn't mean Lucca couldn't have made it, but it opens possibilities to where it could have come from.

I just finished a playthrough of CC and I'm pretty sure it was mentioned, but I can't for the life of me remember when.

As for Lucca remembering the Zealian seal, she doesn't seem to be the type to forget something like that. Heck after she put 2 and 2 together and figured out who Kid was I wouldn't have put it past her to do some research on Zeal (after all her 'daughter' was a Princess of the place, might be good to get some background).

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 18, 2009, 01:52:35 pm »
I'm pretty sure that in the Treasure description it says that Lucca "made it", but I may be wrong. Compendium encyclopedia might shed some light on this maybe? It is just a hunk of wood after all with Zeal's seal on it that somehow has mysterious power over time.

And as for Lucca having trouble making it - she made a Time Egg, which seems to me like it would be far more difficult.

@ Shadow: Presumably, the purple necklace she wears around her neck is probably supposed to be Schala's amulet, even though it looks absolutely nothing like it.

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 18, 2009, 01:57:53 pm »
Or you know she could have just realized that Schala must be dead after she was left there. All she knows is that it is from Zeal and Kid is not from the Present. I don't remember her ever saying anything about the Amulet other than that part in Guldove. Another thing is you guys are getting far off topic! AGAIN!! I just mentioned that it could answer the question of it, not we should look for it. Thats not what this topic is about. Magus is from another dimension because the player can choose not to have him in your party, preventing him from killing Lavos.

Now how did he get there? Perhaps he gives Lucca the Astral Amulet in exchange for the Time Egg in one dimension? But that seems to be unlikely.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 02:00:19 pm by ZealKnight »

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 18, 2009, 02:10:40 pm »
I'm pretty sure that in the Treasure description it says that Lucca "made it", but I may be wrong.

[Lucca]
   That's the amulet Kid
   always had so dear to her
   heart!
   If you look carefully you'll
   see that the design on the
   cloth bag is the ancient
   kingdom's royal crest.
   Inside the bag is a
   wooden pendant.
   I assume my little sister
   had it with her, or picked
   it up later. on the night
   my house was razed.
   I bet she carefully kept
   it with her, always...
   I'm sure it has a lot of
   memories attatched to it!

ZealKnight

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 18, 2009, 02:19:57 pm »
She just randomly found it? There was a reason. Belthazar must have had something to do with it. It goes perfectly into Project Kid just a little too much to be an accident. Perhaps Magus did have a part to play in it. Maybe Belthazar, with his ridiculously infinite wisdom, found a way to contact Magus (Neo Epoch?) gave him the Future Time Egg that Lucca created (fallow me here) so that he could get the Astral Amulet in return, also he took Lucca's Time Egg from the Past after the fire to give Serge later, and made sure Kid could find the Amulet. I lost myself. My point is Belthazar had a part to play in Magus getting to Time's Eclips and got the Astral Amulet from him.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 18, 2009, 05:32:47 pm »
Didn't it say somewhere that Schala transported the amulet along with Kid to the present era? Meaning it was indeed her amulet? And isn't the amulet made of wood or something? pretty sure I heard that as well

Eske

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 18, 2009, 06:51:43 pm »
The one Kid had on her when she came to the Present as a baby was Schala's Pendant - made of dreamstone.

I don't know what the wooden one is supposed to be - but it can't be from Schala - wood doesn't interact with the Mammon Machine.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 18, 2009, 07:47:17 pm »
The one Kid had on her when she came to the Present as a baby was Schala's Pendant - made of dreamstone.

I don't know what the wooden one is supposed to be - but it can't be from Schala - wood doesn't interact with the Mammon Machine.

The Astral Amulet is not Schala's Dreamstone Pendant. The theory is that it is the Amulet she gave Janus/Magus.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 18, 2009, 08:24:28 pm »
That's interesting, that means that once again the Compendium's analysis:

Chrono Cross
A small, star-colored talisman.

The Astral Amulet is an enigmatic pouch with a wooden pendant inside carried by Kid. Its origins and nature are unclear; the pendant was probably created by Lucca soon after Kid came to live with her.

- is wrong, wrong, wrong as usual.

But Schala's pendant, which is never shown in the game directly but referenced by Kid as having power over time and saves her when she is in danger - that has definitely been with her since the beginning when she appeared in the forest. I agree that the Astral Amulet was probably a part of Belthesar's plan in light of this evidence (as was Kid travelling back in time to save Serge in the first place).

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 18, 2009, 09:44:04 pm »
You saying the Astral Amulet is the same thing she gave to Magus? Isn't that metallic thing on his waist supposed to be it?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 18, 2009, 09:48:52 pm »
That might just be how Toriyama-sensei drew it. How it looks now might be how Yuuki drew it.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 18, 2009, 11:49:46 pm »
You saying the Astral Amulet is the same thing she gave to Magus? Isn't that metallic thing on his waist supposed to be it?

This is what is so confusing about these items. For the longest time (on my first and second playthroughs through Cross) I thought that the Astral Amulet was supposed to be Schala's Amulet. I was wrong.

I think that the amulet Schala gave Magus, Schala's Amulet that Marle and Kid have, and the Astral Amulet are three completely different artifacts.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 19, 2009, 12:01:24 am »
"Schala's Amulet" happens to be what Schala gave Magus, according to CTDS, but I see your point.

However, can you back it up?