Author Topic: Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)  (Read 141197 times)

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)
« Reply #525 on: January 15, 2009, 10:35:39 am »
At the time, Lavos did indeed need to fuse with Schala in order to survive, but how do we know that he still needed her by the time Serge arrived to use the Chrono Cross?

Besides, how do you know Kato won't retcon his erasing in order to have something for a third game?

A basic rule for the Chronoverse. "Never assume Kato won't do something. In the end, he may end up doing just that." Then again, that might equate to saying "never tempt fate" or something along those lines.

However, I said it was possible, not that it was going to happen.

*small demon comes in, whispers in his ear, and walks out*

:picardno

And I just received word that Kato just retconned my post. I'm out.

*leaves*

ryu planeswalker

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 15, 2009, 01:46:29 pm »
Did the Frozen Flame still exist in the Ideal Timeline at the end of Cross?

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 15, 2009, 01:48:50 pm »
Why not?

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 15, 2009, 02:39:36 pm »

We can only guess. The only thing we know about it is that Serge survived Lynx's attack and Leena is from Home World.

Onikage725

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 15, 2009, 06:03:14 pm »

We can only guess. The only thing we know about it is that Serge survived Lynx's attack and Leena is from Home World.

I would assume Arni in general was probably just the Home World version, no? Except for maybe Radius?

And on Dalton getting his hands on a Lavos spawn, maybe being in the vortex he could get one before Lavos is killed. Or maybe one could have been accidentally thrown in the vortex while being summoned to the Black Omen, giving it a form of immunity when the future changes. Just speculation.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 06:07:23 pm by Onikage725 »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 15, 2009, 06:28:50 pm »
Maybe not all of Arni. What really determines what version of anything turns into the ideal one?

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 15, 2009, 06:38:48 pm »
And, also, what exactly was Dalton's "rank"? Are we ever told he's a military general of some kind? Or is he just the Queen's lapdog that he appears to be?

Well, if you read the encyclopedia of the site you moderate to a ridiculous amount you would already know. But I suppose I will look it up for you.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Dalton.html

He was a military leader, and come on no one would actually use "WHAT'S THAT!?" to trick someone, so it was totally unexpected and a perfect example. Also Dalton is experienced in machinery. He builds the Ocean Palace and the Black Bird. But it's not like it matters he didn't need to build weaponry, he is strong enough.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 15, 2009, 06:51:29 pm »
In a place where the only position of power has no enemies, and yet decides to have an army even for defensive purposes, the ranks had to be determined somehow.

While I disagree that there were other kingdoms with magic where Zeal had to battle with, I do agree, though, that Dalton proved himself to be in the position that he was. Maybe there was combat between themselves, in which Dalton won and was given his rank, but...

That's what I think.

ZealKnight

• Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 15, 2009, 06:58:47 pm »
In a place where the only position of power has no enemies, and yet decides to have an army even for defensive purposes, the ranks had to be determined somehow.

While I disagree that there were other kingdoms with magic where Zeal had to battle with, I do agree, though, that Dalton proved himself to be in the position that he was. Maybe there was combat between themselves, in which Dalton won and was given his rank, but...

That's what I think.

Civil war is war. All I was proposing was that it is very hard to believe the whole world was unified after the Repites were gone. Of course excluding the earthbound.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 15, 2009, 07:08:45 pm »
Ah yes, I forgot the posibility of a civil war. Not much proven if it was just a competition for the rank.

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 15, 2009, 07:10:26 pm »

Or Lynx never existed in the first place. And no, we don't have to guess, the Frozen Flame probably still does exist on the seabed of the Sea of Eden even if Chronopolis no longer exists, which is where it always was before being discovered. Why would it suddenly cease to exist on the ocean floor just because the dimensions were reunified?

Maybe not all of Arni. What really determines what version of anything turns into the ideal one?

For purposes of discussing the Ideal Timeline, I suggest people check out some of the discussions going on in the Time, Space, and Dimensions Forum and the Characters forum, and this one in particular is good:

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php/topic,6721.0.html

Zergplex

• Springtime of Youth
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Not all those who wander are lost
    • View Profile
    • Zergplex ~ Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #536 on: January 15, 2009, 08:35:27 pm »
And, also, what exactly was Dalton's "rank"? Are we ever told he's a military general of some kind? Or is he just the Queen's lapdog that he appears to be?

Well, if you read the encyclopedia of the site you moderate to a ridiculous amount you would already know. But I suppose I will look it up for you.

http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Dalton.html

He was a military leader, and come on no one would actually use "WHAT'S THAT!?" to trick someone, so it was totally unexpected and a perfect example. Also Dalton is experienced in machinery. He builds the Ocean Palace and the Black Bird. But it's not like it matters he didn't need to build weaponry, he is strong enough.

Dalton did not build the Ocean Palace or the Blackbird. The Blackbird is referred to in Zeal as 'Belthasar's masterpiece'. The Ocean Palace is attributed to Belthasar as well.

Dalton may or may not have earned his position from a military standpoint, but there is no basis from the games to believe he had any mechanical skills. The only point that could be brought up is when he had his minions modify the epoch, but at least to me in game it seemed obvious he was just observing his henchmen doing the work.

Not on to my opinions. From a military basis during the time of Zeal Dalton was a marvel. His golems are bosslevel in the game, which would rip any normal Zealian citizen apart. The energy balls he cast were enough to knock the party and Melchior back, which I assume means they were quite potent. From these facts we can decide his aid, as well as knowledge of Zealian Magics, very well helped the Porre War Machine.

The issue I, as well as other people, have with Dalton that those who support him seem to be unable to fathom is his personality. He is very overconfident, self-involved, and constantly underestimates his enemies. In the end he fell through one of his own golem portals, which seemed rather dimwitted. He just honestly does not seem like a good leader. And the things his minions said about him seem to corroborate these facts.

It is canon that Dalton helped cause the downfall of Guardia, but we still have too little information as to what happened during the downfall to really do much right now other then guess. Porre in CC never seemed to show any signs of using 'true' magic, so mass desemination of Zealian magic seems unlikely. It seems more likely to me that Dalton was a powerful figurehead, more useful in 1 on 1 duals then the day to day runnings of the Porre war machine.

The fact that Grobyc was constructed in 994A.D. leads me to believe Porre was already girding itself for war long before Dalton's arrival anyway.

Onikage725

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 15, 2009, 09:41:34 pm »
I agree with Zergplex. Like I said before. The game presents Dalton, effectively, as Ozzie2. Mostly unrevealed story tidbits tell us that he goes on to become Kefka-Lite. His characterization, outside of perhaps the first battle where he auto-wins, lends itself more to comic relief than supreme villainy. Even his bwahahaha reveal as to his intentions in the vortex point to this. I mean, he totally had plans to take over, and he woulda gotten away wit' it too, if it wasn't for those meddling kids and their robot (if you follow my meaning).

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 15, 2009, 10:26:40 pm »
I'll just throw this out there.. Supposedly Serge loose(or will) all of his memories and so do all of his companions. I'd certainly be asking questions after waking up on a beach, feeling much stronger than the day before, because Serge's physique must have improved from the adventure, as well as having my favorite weapon all of a sudden having a rainbow look or looking very fancy and much deadlier than the Sea Swallow... In fact, that's another question that is raised, but not that important, what on earth happens to those 3 dream dorks, Masa, Mune & Doreen after the split dimensions are unified?

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 15, 2009, 10:44:14 pm »
That depends.

Does getting the Mastermune is canon? If not, then they will still be dormant in their Demonic Masamune.

If so... no idea.