Author Topic: Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)  (Read 141313 times)

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger DS Analysis HQ (Spoiler Spoiler, of course)
« Reply #240 on: December 03, 2008, 02:28:06 am »
Anyone notice that Fiona's forest is doomed to turn to desert even with Robo's help? While you're on the Epoch and choosing the era that you wish to visit, as I was admiring 1999AD zoomed out map, I noticed that even after doing Fiona's forest quest, the desert is still there on the map. Perhaps SE forgot it's change? Not likely I would think, since they have many people working on that game.

I've noticed, considering I recently have the sidequest done. Yes, it's strange how it is still a desert in 1,999. However, I also noticed a building where Fiona's Shrine should be. Could it be the shrine? I can't remember if the building was there before having the sidequest done, so no idea.

Fireseal

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 03, 2008, 02:54:08 am »
Anyone notice that Fiona's forest is doomed to turn to desert even with Robo's help? While you're on the Epoch and choosing the era that you wish to visit, as I was admiring 1999AD zoomed out map, I noticed that even after doing Fiona's forest quest, the desert is still there on the map. Perhaps SE forgot it's change? Not likely I would think, since they have many people working on that game.

I've noticed, considering I recently have the sidequest done. Yes, it's strange how it is still a desert in 1,999. However, I also noticed a building where Fiona's Shrine should be. Could it be the shrine? I can't remember if the building was there before having the sidequest done, so no idea.

I had a second save file from between the time you first get the Epoch and The Fiona's forest sidequest. That building seems to be there anyway. There's a building of an exact build on 1999AD's Lucca's little island. Maybe they're just farms or reservoirs... I wish that there was a way to zoom in on the map and get a clear picture.

I think my hypothesis for the Sun Shrine being lowered in height, I just noticed that 1000AD's mountains, esh most of them are non-existant or plant life has grown over them in 1999AD.

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 03, 2008, 03:15:57 am »
The forest magus got teleported too could be shadow forest in el nido ?

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 03, 2008, 03:45:48 am »
So many posts on this thread, I've forgotten half of them already after reading everything.

I also wonder if the Sun Shrine were to be accessible in 1999AD, since on that map it seems that it's no longer a mountain, but rather a forest. Since the map is zoomed out, I can't really tell. But my theory is, green earth and trees just kept growing over the Sun Shrine and perhaps its mountain started to lower in height after some time, then Lavos burned it all with its rain of fire and then you have 2300AD's Sun Shrine... But of course this is just one of those insignificant details that can't be explained.

Has this thread talked about Lost Sanctum? I'm very much curious about it.

As for the topic of Magus and Time's Eclipse, I'm not at that part yet. So is this thread solely for Magus? If so, I apologize and will post my above comments in another section. :)

In 999 years can happen a lot. It's not impossible the forest just was destroyed again at some point.

Xenterex

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 03, 2008, 07:10:46 am »
I've noticed, considering I recently have the sidequest done. Yes, it's strange how it is still a desert in 1,999. However, I also noticed a building where Fiona's Shrine should be. Could it be the shrine

It is almost a century later and the Chrono world does seem to have lots of geographical changes over each period.  Plus, if the forest is just 'worshipped' instead of maintained (like how robo worked hard for years) then the fauna might just die off.  Either that, or the trees were cut down and used for lumber.  Porre's rise to militarization could be reason enough for massive deforestation for raw materials.
----------------------------------------------

But you BOTH have the similarity of being really high on yourselves.

It's pretty awesome to read.

I'd rather be able to be a lot more modest in writings, but I've found I have some 'code of chivalry' pertaining to logic, rhetoric and dialectic.  I suppose I could try to 'adopt' some 'children' to get involved to cut down on the dink factor –  or DS could stop being evasive. Apparently, counterpoints and spotlighting unsound arguments is "rambling and getting caught up on something"  Dear me, yes, the stress of having my posts evaded and ignored in a fashion almost a marriage of gimmicks I would refer to as a poisoned red herring is simply too hard on me.  If a picture is worth a thousand words, then clearly my focus can't change until I have met it with a thousand of my own words for, alas, I have no clear arguments of my own and must focus on a single aspect. Oh woe is my predicament, lugubrious my contributions

RyougaSaotome

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 03, 2008, 08:44:11 am »
One thing I haven't seen mentioned is the fact that Radical Dreamers does in fact take place, just in an opposite timeline/dimension. This was proved via its conclusion in CC in Chronopolis, and via the simple fact that while yes CC retconned it position as official canon, it is still a part of the series. There is a Magus in that game as well, so the likelihood of this being another yet unseen Magus is certainly not the craziest theory to be brought about thus far.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 03, 2008, 09:36:15 am »
Maybe Eclipse Magus is a post-RD Magil. After Kid (Schala) discovered her identity and managed to get on her feet, Magil discovered the existence of the Dream Devourer. He managed to make it to the D.B.T. and found the CTDS version of the party. He then finds Schala bonded with the DD and tried to free her, and failed. The party also tried to defeat the Dream Devourer, and also failed. They were sent away, and Magil is told that he was bound to fail anyway. He is then sent away, and in the darkness he decides that if he can't save her, then he can't exist, so he decided to reset himself entirely, giving birth to what would become Guile in CC.

EDIT: Just remembered to state that this explains why RD is mentioned in CC.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:38:02 am by Shadow D. Darkman »

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 03, 2008, 10:25:32 am »
I don't think Magil would ever do that. As far as I know, he has accepted that Schala is now Kid. And besides, the Dream Devourer is not a creation of the dimension he lives in, since Schala was never to the DBT, so why would he travel (if he could and knew about the DD) to where it is having no reason to do so.

So no, it's not RD Magus.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 03, 2008, 12:12:58 pm »
I can supply a motive, though. He discovered CTDS Schala in torment (perhaps the SNES/PSX version(s) was struck down or transformed into CTDS, IDK) when he discovered the Dream Devourer, and, as an older brother, wanted to save her, too.

The Black Wind

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 03, 2008, 06:53:14 pm »
Wow, talk about off-topic. I thought this was an analysis of CTDS, not a debate on whether or not CC is a good game or a good sequel to CT.

Personally, I side with Dark Serge, but can we move the debate to a different thread?

Be my guest, I'll be glad to destroy Dark Serge's post anywhere you wish.

And I too doubt that Eclipse Magus is from RD. Again, it just overcomplicates everything, and there's absolutely nothing indicating that he is Magil. Until a sequel or otherwise confirms this or evidence is presented to the contrary, he is the Magus from the standard ending of Chrono Trigger.

HyperNerd

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • In Guardia we trust
    • View Profile
    • Surreal Squad homepage
« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2008, 09:00:13 pm »
I don't know if anyone knows, or cares, but you can go back to 600 AD to where Robo is working with Robo as your head charecter, which should create a paradox rendering all the NPC's Chrono Compendium members, but I digress.

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2008, 09:02:05 pm »
How does that create a paradox? It was always possible, and visiting yourself in the past is possible as well.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 03, 2008, 09:50:20 pm »

Posts #313 to #320 in this thread need to be eradicated... STOP POSTING OFF-TOPIC

The forest magus got teleported too could be shadow forest in el nido ?

If so, then this may just very well confirm that Guile is Magus in CC. I have made it a priority to replay both CT and CC very soon on my PS3. I can assimilate info and gameplay I have forgotten about. I had taken the time to check out images of Guile to see if he had "pointed ears" like Magus, but I remembered long ago that this was false. And Guile's name in Japanese is Alf, which leads me to believe Alf - Alfador - Janus's cat... etc... etc...

If that Magus was teleported to Shadow Forest El Nido and truly becomes Guile (awaiting proof in perhaps a CC remake) then SE will need to change Guile's age of 26. I do not know if Magus is right-handed, but since Zeal had the FF and their people were perfect in almost every way, then Janus/Magus had to have been ambidextrous, like Schala, and perhaps the rest of the Zeal population.

I want to go back to another quote from Magus after the DD battle...

Quote from: Time's Eclipse Magus
So, you mean to say that no matter how hard I strive - no matter how strong I grow - there is nothing I might do to save you?

Hmph. If this is to be the way of things, then let me adandon all that was and fade away as well.

Should a part of me somehow even then remain, then perhaps that will be the birth of something new - something with greater meaning than all this.

Some people on this board are right. Magus giving up? Perposterous! Well, this birth of something new could indicate Guile in CC, perhaps that new purpose being to end up and serve Serge (try to say that 5 times in a row!). He then states that there was still something he needed to do... something to find... We know Guile is from the Zenan mainland, and that forest resembles Guardia in the final CT DS ending scene. Schala sent Crono and company back to their time, and I believe she did the same with Magus - Crono's time and not 600AD. This may be valid and answer many questions. Where else would she send him?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:58:12 pm by Magus22 »

mav

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • Gentleman Waiting in the Train Station at Twilight
    • View Profile
    • The RPG Realm
« Reply #253 on: December 03, 2008, 09:58:06 pm »
I agree, the age issue needs to be evaluated, especially if Magus was sent to 1000 AD. Let's assume he's in his early to mid thirties, as the Compendium encyclopedia states, that would mean 20 years or so pass by the time Guile meets Serge. He'd be...in his early fifties...See, if it was kid Janus that was sent to 1000 AD, then all this would make sense.

Oh well...

chrono eric

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 03, 2008, 09:58:44 pm »
Some people on this board are right. Magus giving up? Perposterous! Well, this birth of something new could indicate Guile in CC, perhaps that new purpose being to end up and serve Serge (try to say that 5 times in a row!). He then states that there was still something he needed to do... something to find... We know Guile is from the Zenan mainland, and that forest resembles Guardia in the final CT DS ending scene. Schala sent Crono and company back to their time, and I believe she did the same with Magus - Crono's time and not 600AD. This may be valid and answer many questions. Where else would she send him?

Makes sense. There's no point in sending him to the wasteland that is 12,000 B.C. (that would seem more like punishment actually), or to 600 AD (would he and the Mystic's and humans just make-up all friendly like?), or to the new future. 1000 A.D. would actually make the most sense.

But truthfully, that forest could be anywhere.