Author Topic: Magus's Weakness to the Masamune  (Read 21954 times)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Magus's Weakness to the Masamune
« Reply #135 on: March 17, 2006, 06:53:43 pm »
I think it doesn't weak Magus him, BUT his magic barrier he uses, because he doesn't lose any Mag.Defense in his "Dark Matter" fighting cycle(I think).
And still, His Mag.Def. is ONLY drained for the next attack (important in a LL-Game btw.), so the barrier recovers pretty fast or(more likely) he uses different kind of barriers(for each Magic) which are always recasted as counter attack.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 17, 2006, 07:04:12 pm »
wait, changin subject real quick

if this has relevance, why was Magus's powers drained when he attacked Lavos as soon as he revieled himself as the prophet?

was he in contact with that material?

jus wondering

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2006, 05:04:07 am »
It was weird, his sythe glowed red, like dreamstone.

But yeah, when he hit Lavos, he didn't do any damage, and Lavos instead drained some of his energy in that attack.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 18, 2006, 07:06:21 pm »
now this all makes sense

it seems as though those factors all have a distinct commonality

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #139 on: March 21, 2006, 03:31:42 pm »
Magus's attack with the red thing and Lavos's drain attack have no correlation. I would assume that Lavos would have done the same if Magus had waited to attack.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 22, 2006, 04:11:57 am »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
Magus's attack with the red thing and Lavos's drain attack have no correlation. I would assume that Lavos would have done the same if Magus had waited to attack.

Lavos was not particularly threatened, and was just going to blow them to smitherines, except for Schala (who is the arbiter) and Queen Zeal is obviously riding on his back.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 22, 2006, 09:03:25 am »
Don't know about blowing them all... Zeal certainly crashed, many Zealians surely perished, but the fact still stands the Ocean Palace remained intact. Meaning he didn't really care. Like Q.Zeal said: 'You are mere insects to Lavos!'. Basically, live or die, he doesn't care, he just wants DNA.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 22, 2006, 04:44:10 pm »
I think that in the Ocean Palace his goal was just to put an end to whatever was leeching his power. Beyond that, I don't think he really cared.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2006, 08:23:54 pm »
Uhm Lavos does not care about a bunch of losers as long as they give him DNA... all he cares for is DNA and once he has enuff he can have fun damning everyone.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2006, 02:33:36 am »
Lavos doesn't care about having his power leeched, he cares about having his nap disturbed. I'm not sure, but after sleeping for millions of years, having been disturbed must REALLY suck. He got angry and damned the floaty place as a way of saying 'Let me sleep, assholes', and got back to his beauty sleep.

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2006, 03:38:04 am »
Nah, he was upset because Zeal was draining a significant amount of energy from him.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2006, 09:13:45 am »
Quote from: GreenGannon
Nah, he was upset because Zeal was draining a significant amount of energy from him.

Yet he let Queen Zeal live, shares some of his power with her and lets his power be used for the Black Omen and other stuff..

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2006, 11:26:03 am »
Quote from: GreenGannon

If it was signifiacnt Lavos would be weaker at the Ocean palace fight, when in fact it is stronger.

GreenGannon

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2006, 10:28:32 pm »
Perhaps the energy hadn't yet been drained, but Lavos realized how dangerous the rate at which the power was being drained actually was.

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 27, 2006, 07:06:07 pm »
I think he destroyed Zeal in part of an automatic reaction to having been prematurely awakened.  Perhaps he didn't actually mean to destroy Zeal yet, but when he was awakened an automatic reaction was initiated to destroy Zeal.  It seems that post Zeal and post day of Lavos survivor numbers are pretty similar, just a handful of people after Zeal and only a few people from each dome (they could reproduce some after 300 years, hence more peopl in the domes).  Lavos then saw that because he didn't go completely into armegeddon mode and didn't destroy everything that the planet could have time to recover before his preselected time came up.  Plus the fact that he might not have had enough energy stored up to make his spawn.