Author Topic: Differences in Radical Dreamers and CT and CC  (Read 6047 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Differences in Radical Dreamers and CT and CC
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2005, 07:48:47 am »
Oh, Alright. Thanks.

Well, CT does tie CC anyway :P And RD can just be open source info to a few events that may have happened between CT and CC anyway, just in plot anyway.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2005, 11:00:23 pm »
Both Chrono Cross & Radical Dreamers stem from Chrono Trigger because they both stem from the New Game+ Fall of Guardia.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2005, 12:12:54 am »
Also, I'm pretty sure now that Grezenbul was an earlier prototype name of Termina. It says that it is General Vipers ruling town (which is only Termina in CC).

Erindar

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2006, 08:17:13 am »
Why do people say that RD is an alternate dimension that never happened.  The main scenario in it fits right in with CT and it is what could have happened if the events that lead to CC never took place.  And as far as Magus not being in CC originally they had planned to make the character of Guile magus but changed it later on. It says right here on the Chrono Compendium site:

During the planning stages of Chrono Cross, Guile was intended to be Magus in disguise, accompanying Serge to learn the true fate of his sister Schala. This would have paralelled his role in Radical Dreamers as the mysterious magician Magil. However, as more and more characters were added to the game, the developers felt that it would have been too difficult to represent Magus's story well amongst the sea of other characters. Guile's backstory was removed, and he gained his own identity as a mystifying traveler.

also as far as the town names being different.  Lets say that america didn't take over the west from the indians and spain.  The names for the towns and states would be comepletely different.  If history changes there is no way to tell what names people or towns will have.  So maybe General Viper decided to name his town something different in the RD timeline.

So CT happened and in some way or another the events that lead to Schala being thrown into the DBT didn't take place instead she was "reincarnated" into kid and RD happened.  However there is a timeline split where She is absorbed by the Time Devourer and the events of CC happen.  So yes in a way RD is an alternate dimension but it's still a very feasible and likely one. RD and CC are seperate games and they are both true sequals of CT they are just different parts of the story.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2006, 12:14:02 pm »
I think it is unlikely that Radical Dreamers took place in El Nido.  El Nido only existed because Chronopolis and Dinopolis were sent to the Sea of Eden during the Time Crash.  Since Schala wasn't trapped in the DBT in that dimension, Belthasar would have no reason to start Project Kid.

Also remember that the Viper Clan started on the mainland and without outside influence probably would have stayed there.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2006, 06:22:39 pm »
The nature of the Frozen Flame is also different, and Chrono is never revived in RD.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2006, 06:47:36 pm »
Quote from: GrayLensman
I think it is unlikely that Radical Dreamers took place in El Nido.  El Nido only existed because Chronopolis and Dinopolis were sent to the Sea of Eden during the Time Crash.  Since Schala wasn't trapped in the DBT in that dimension, Belthasar would have no reason to start Project Kid.

Also remember that the Viper Clan started on the mainland and without outside influence probably would have stayed there.

Except that RD was a prototype for CC in a bit of the plot and possibly in land. Sure a prototype El Nido could have been there, CC simply showed us how it would have gotten there had it been in our dimension and not just a prototype. Ofcourse, if you give RD it's glory and keep it as a seperate dimension, then their Regorria and Grezenbul and such places could be there but like may have always been there, just that CT didn't give them to us and such.

Lynx

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2006, 12:38:47 pm »
I want to play Radical Dreamers really bad! Can I get it anywhere online?  I keep hearing about it and its frustrating not bieng able to play it!
*I have to say I look better in Chrono Cross though* LOL_ sorry had to crack a joke

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2006, 10:22:09 pm »
Quote from: Lynx
I want to play Radical Dreamers really bad! Can I get it anywhere online?  I keep hearing about it and its frustrating not bieng able to play it!
*I have to say I look better in Chrono Cross though* LOL_ sorry had to crack a joke

It is the policy of the Chrono Compendium to not give out information on aquiring ROMs.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2006, 01:18:24 pm »
It's not true to say that Radical Dreamers is an alternate dimesnion that didn't happan, the mere existence of the record in Chronopolis proves it existed.

The whole point of alternate dimensions is that they have things that happaned differently then your original dimension. Crono isn't revived? Radical Dreamers. Belthasar would probably realize Schala was reincarnated, meaning no TD threat, no need for Project Kid, no Chronopolis. You can cross dimesnions in CC because of Angelus Errare, which is a very special condition, and also because you have Serge, the missing piece.

It probably happaned where San Dorino used to be, because Porre is a nation to the SOUTH and Guardia is a nation to the NORTH. Meaning Grezenbul is around the center of Zenan, hence it's where Dorino is (Or even in Fiona's forest!). Also, I would find it VERY unlikely two nations like Guardia and Porre would consist of one town each. There are probably smaller towns that weren't added to the Map's size and importance to the plot.

GrayLensman

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2006, 03:43:05 pm »
I made this a while ago.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2006, 03:46:36 pm »
Wonderful map, Grey. I would assume that there are more towns, but I guess that with the given evidence, that's the full World Map.

GrayLensman

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2006, 04:12:07 pm »
Those would be only the locations relevant to the story.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2006, 04:42:46 pm »
Mysidia... an FF4 crossover?

GrayLensman

• View Profile