Author Topic: Worst thing a kid could say when seeing CT DS at the store.  (Read 5625 times)

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
Re: Worst thing a kid could say when seeing CT DS at the store.
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2008, 01:30:24 pm »
I don't see anyone giving Lost or Heroes much love!  Now those shows are GREAT!

Heros: I don't really watch Superheros, Sorry predispostion of mine, I've hear nice things  :( sorry.

Lost: You know, I always wanted to watch it (when I noticed it wasn't some stupid reality show) but I never got around to it. It sounds interesting.

Um, for the record, House is pretty much one of the best shows on television.

My older brother says the same thing.

What I mean is(this is gonna sound like a corny TV show idea in itself)get someboy new to the business together with someone who worked on one of the older shows.
Shenanigans!

WOW you can't beat anything that uses the word Shenanigans hehehehehe. But seriously never say that near anyne from TV or they will try to make a corny TV show out of it.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2008, 02:10:48 pm »
Unfortunately the CW is what happens when you get newer people in charge. They're ALL evil, it doesn't matter how old they are.

Anyways, Heroes is at least halfway decent...Season 2 kind of put me off because it was kind of bleh, but I'm willing to assume that was mostly due to effects of the writer's strike and will give it another chance with Season 3: Villains. Lost never really interested me especially now that I hear it's insanely convoluted.

One of my fav new shows is Life, which is actually well written and acted. It reminds me of Veronica Mars in structure because it has an underlying story that continues while episodic storylines occur (& sometimes fit into the overall story). Certainly the best cop-based show on.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2008, 02:19:08 pm »
Anyways, Heroes is at least halfway decent...Season 2 kind of put me off because it was kind of bleh, but I'm willing to assume that was mostly due to effects of the writer's strike and will give it another chance with Season 3: Villains. Lost never really interested me especially now that I hear it's insanely convoluted.

Absolutely true.  Season Two was sort of lame... Except for Kinsei.  And the ending was so... anti-climatic.  I've heard people say the same thing about Season One, but I thought Season One's ending was fine.  Let's hope that Season Two only sucked because of the writing strike (my belief).

As for Lost, it's one of those shows that you can't jump into.  You have to start at Episode One or it won't make sense at all.  You pretty much can't miss and episode.  But the story is great, the writing is usually top-notch.  It's such a great show if you put the time into it.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2008, 07:19:40 pm »
I saw one episode of Lost and I wanted to shoot myself.  It's melodramatic.  X_X...
House is pretty amazing, it's an interesting show.
Doctor Who: My dad watched the older ones when he was a kid and said it was pretty good.  He loves the newer series.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2008, 11:22:16 pm »
What with current US tv producers seemingly loving to import shows & basically remake them, I wonder how long it'll be before we get an Americanized Dr. Who...>_>

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2008, 12:39:14 am »
What I mean is(this is gonna sound like a corny TV show idea in itself)get someboy new to the business together with someone who worked on one of the older shows.
Shenanigans!

WOW you can't beat anything that uses the word Shenanigans hehehehehe. But seriously never say that near anyne from TV or they will try to make a corny TV show out of it.

I know, that's why i used that word here. However, you really can't use that word. I have a cousin who works in TV. I suggested the same thing. He came back a week later with an idea he was going to propose to his boss. It was so bad I wailed him in the back of the head. HARD. Trust me, he deserved it...

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 01, 2008, 02:58:18 am »
What with current US tv producers seemingly loving to import shows & basically remake them, I wonder how long it'll be before we get an Americanized Dr. Who...>_>

Wanna here something funny, I was just think that earlier. I was reading from a website  called TV tropes and Idioms and I found this

Quote from: TV TROPES Americanitis page
And the cerebral BBC four-part TV miniseries Eleventh Hour (UK, 2006), with Patrick Stewart as government scientist Professor Ian Hood, gets an American remake, too, due out in 2008. To judge by the available plot summaries and casting, they seem to have dumbed down the science to make space for action, removed every topic considered "controversial" in the USA (like global climate change) and apparently added a love story between the professor and his female bodyguard (who was played by Ashley Jensen in the UK version). Certainly the actor they cast for the scientist's role (Rufus Sewell of Dark City fame, as the protagonist Jacob Hood) is younger and "hotter" to draw female target viewers. (Disclaimer: this [1] editor does not consider Patrick Stewart old and ugly, quite the contrary.)
Compare the IMDB plot outline for the US remake ("A government scientist and his attractive counterpart try to save people from deadly scientific experiments.") with the plot outline for the UK version ("Eleventh Hour is a new TV series which stars Patrick Stewart as a scientist who works for the Home Office"). Just saying...
Link- http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Americanitis

and I thought. "Hmmmm I wonder when They'll try this with Docter Who, of course in the American verion the Docter will be dark and edgy and have sex all the time..... (I fear they may try this. *shivers in fear*)

Shenanigans!

I know, that's why i used that word here. However, you really can't use that word. I have a cousin who works in TV. I suggested the same thing. He came back a week later with an idea he was going to propose to his boss. It was so bad I wailed him in the back of the head. HARD. Trust me, he deserved it...
I warned you  :lol:

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #97 on: September 01, 2008, 03:55:38 pm »

and I thought. "Hmmmm I wonder when They'll try this with Docter Who, of course in the American verion the Docter will be dark and edgy and have sex all the time..... (I fear they may try this. *shivers in fear*)

Torch. Wood.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2008, 05:42:40 pm »

Torch. Wood.

Um except is a spin-off of Docter Who that is British. We were refering to takeing a British show and remaking it in America....and Torchwood had it Good moments. (Never as good as Docter Who...or even Sarah Jane Smith's show. It got more interesting as it went along....except for a few epiosdes...I don't like the season finale all that much, mostly becaused they killed off my fav person...and the episodes made about as much sense as a lucid, sane person trying to flap there arms to fly. I won't say who died though)