Author Topic: Worst thing a kid could say when seeing CT DS at the store.  (Read 5538 times)

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Worst thing a kid could say when seeing CT DS at the store.
« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2008, 12:05:12 pm »
Yeah Scar ruled, although I also like Hades. By the way, remembering the point of this topic(the worst thing stuff)I was at Gamestop the other day and something similar happened with it. A kid looked at a Chrono Trigger case(they just have the title on them so far)and their first reaction was "What the? Is this another Final Fantasy III? Jesus! They need some more than just the title on their covers." I politely corrected him since I was right next to him, and then his reaction was, "Oh, you mean this is like a sequel to that Dragon Ball stuff?" I corrected him again and he changed his mind entirely to Megaman Starforce: Pegasus?

This kid was really on edge. He could've at least gone Dragon version, but pansy Pegasus?

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2008, 06:18:36 pm »
Oh don't get me wrong I don't hate Disney of then....I hate disney of now....

Hell I'd take there blatent obvious racial sterotypes that are featured in pretty much every movie anywho to there stupid plots, sequels, popstars, ect. of now

Yes, Disney had wonderful plots, no sequals, and no popstars (or the then equivalents) in their old movies...
<.<
>.>

The Parent Trap (original version), Darby O'Gill and the Little People, Son of Flubber, The Monkey's Uncle, The Ugly Dachshund, The Cat from Outer Space, The Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again, Herbie Goes Bananas, Popeye, Honey I Blew Up the Kids, Blank Check, D2: The Mighty Ducks, The Santa Clause, D3: The Mighty Ducks, Air Bud... all masterful works of art and film.

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2008, 06:30:03 pm »
All this happened because of big brother...
All TV is shit now. Full of reality shows like HSM...

I hate the guys who started with all this.

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2008, 02:57:26 am »
That's why I practically watch no TV except movies and older shows.  There are only like 1 or 2 shows I watch.  Currently one of those is the occasional Olympics.

Kilfer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Myndflame.com (or) myspace.com/sterence
    • View Profile
    • My teams movie site. Myndflame movies are ours
« Reply #79 on: August 22, 2008, 03:51:14 am »
Disney which is not related to television, is actually pretty awesome.

Disneyland/world is pretty freakin' sweet. As well as the old Disney movies.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2008, 10:41:58 am »
That's why I practically watch no TV except movies and older shows.  There are only like 1 or 2 shows I watch.  Currently one of those is the occasional Olympics.

Yes. Damn such crappy shows as House, Bones, Numb3rs, NCIS, Doctor Who, Torchwood, and The Office. Mordern TV shows just can't compare to I Love Lucy, Alf, Blue Thunder, AfterMash, The Dinah Shore Chevy Show, or Dallas.

<.<
>.>

Every era has good and bad forms of entertainment; the era in which we live is no different. Sure, there is crap on TV, but there are also wonderful TV shows that are well worth our time. Same with movies, same with books, same with music.

It's Sturgeon's Law, after all.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2008, 11:07:43 am »
Yes. Damn such crappy shows as House, Bones, Numb3rs, NCIS, Doctor Who, Torchwood, and The Office. Mordern TV shows just can't compare to I Love Lucy, Alf, Blue Thunder, AfterMash, The Dinah Shore Chevy Show, or Dallas.

<.<
>.>

Every era has good and bad forms of entertainment; the era in which we live is no different. Sure, there is crap on TV, but there are also wonderful TV shows that are well worth our time. Same with movies, same with books, same with music.

It's Sturgeon's Law, after all.

Hmmm...I don't know how to take that since Bones & Numb3rs actually DO suck...but to each their own (I was wondering how this stupid topic could have lasted as it was for 6 pages)...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:10:01 am by V_Translanka »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2008, 12:39:29 pm »
I love Doctor Who myself.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2008, 12:41:26 pm »
Hmmm...I don't know how to take that since Bones & Numb3rs actually DO suck...

More than I Love Lucy? You're just being cynical now.

Though I think one of the reasons I like those two shows is that they glorify academia.

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2008, 12:58:44 pm »
They need to put new people in charge of television, and these new people are more in touch with the older shows, but at the same time are able to come up with new shows with that old show feel.

I don't know if that makes sense.

Everyone seems to love writing like this lately, my email, this forum, facebook, on little notes for me when I wake up. What is with that?

Delta Dragon

• Creative Emeritus
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2008, 02:31:20 pm »
Oh wait, one modern show I do enjoy is Stargate.  But I get the DVDs, not on  TV.

OverlordMikey

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • There are no maps.You can't map a sense of humor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2008, 02:50:16 pm »
I love Doctor Who myself.

Docter Who....I like it, but I have sadly never seen the older episodes. (I've only seen the new series, you know with the 9th and 10th)

Hmmm...I don't know how to take that since Bones & Numb3rs actually DO suck...

More than I Love Lucy? You're just being cynical now.

Though I think one of the reasons I like those two shows is that they glorify academia.

Hey not all of I Love Lucy was bad...although I fear with the lack of creativity that Hollywood shows that we will have "I Love Lucy:The Movie" very soon.

They need to put new people in charge of television, and these new people are more in touch with the older shows, but at the same time are able to come up with new shows with that old show feel.

I don't know if that makes sense.

Everyone seems to love writing like this lately, my email, this forum, facebook, on little notes for me when I wake up. What is with that?

Wow quite a big dream to hope for. It makes sense, but it may be more difficult then it sounds. What old feel are you talking about for example. Every women in the show is a housewife? Hehehehe just kidding of course but if people try to hard t make something have that "old feel" then there's a good chance they will completely miss the point and everything will turn out bad.

Oh wait, one modern show I do enjoy is Stargate.  But I get the DVDs, not on  TV.

Eh I never really liked Stargate hehehe, it's a matter of taste right? Everyone has diffrent tastes.

I feel there is a lack of true varitiy in TV now-a-days. To much hype towards shows that are following the same formula. Most shows don't even try to be original anymore.

Oh just popped into my head "Seinfield" (did I spell that right) I never liked it, I mean I know it's not really an show thats brandnew but I felt it was a show that was popular for the Sake of have a Popular show, no one was likable at all, it wasn't funny (I had more fun working at a soup kitchen*), I was kinda hopeing that the last episode would have them all die a horrible death. It never made me laugh..ever...and now like 100 shows follow it's example in some way or another. Where is that show that has Heartwarming moments that characters actully learn from without frogetting the lesson the next episode or a show where the characters aren't all heartless assholes (Like Still Standing, if they where a real family I think Child endangerment and neglect would by just a few of the charges they'd face)

Hey does anyone realize this topic is way off what it started as. Hehehehehehe.

*No seriously, helping at a soup kitchen can be fun, always good to help people! Try it sometime!

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2008, 08:11:37 pm »
What I mean is(this is gonna sound like a corny TV show idea in itself)get someboy new to the business together with someone who worked on one of the older shows.
Shenanigans!

Kilfer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Myndflame.com (or) myspace.com/sterence
    • View Profile
    • My teams movie site. Myndflame movies are ours
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2008, 06:17:27 am »
Um, for the record, House is pretty much one of the best shows on television.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2008, 11:44:10 am »
I don't see anyone giving Lost or Heroes much love!  Now those shows are GREAT!