Author Topic: Is Magus really all that cool?  (Read 111274 times)

maggiekarp

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • ʇ ı  ʇ n o q ɐ  p ɹ ı ǝ ʍ ˙ ˙ ˙ ƃ u ı ɥ ʇ ǝ ɯ o s
    • View Profile
Re: Is Magus really all that cool?
« Reply #225 on: December 12, 2008, 12:42:42 am »
Hmm, I always thought of it as Janus just stepping in to help defend Schala (what the hell could he do, though?), but the secret sharing of her compassion angle is interesting, too... Kind of matches up with his seeming to care about how Lavos messed up life for everyone in the last battle, though he went back to his "me me me" thing pretty fast.

And I've made my stance on the new canon quite clear multiple times. Magil forever~

The Black Wind

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 12, 2008, 03:39:29 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
You said he begs...He does not beg...I'm fairly sure he doesn't even have any real lines against Magus...And I think that he only reacts when it looks like Magus is acting against Schala...

My apologies if the literal definition happened to be slightly off. Hang me. In any case, I'm not about to argue over semantics. I'm merely pointing out the irony in that Janus sticking up for the people that Magus was trying to kill ends up saving their lives, plain and simple.
Keystone refers to the original timeline in which Lavos erupts in 1999AD & the Entity/Planet is fuct...K-2 (aka Keystone-2) refers to the new timeline we're a part of in CT in which Crono & Co. help the Entity by stopping Lavos. And, yes, changing things in the past changes the future, but you also have to take into consideration TTI. Thus, Magus would not be effected by the things that happen to Janus in the K-2 timeline.

Uh, right. If you say so. I don't really care, I thought it was just something interesting to ponder. But if what you say is true then what the hell happened to the K-2 Janus? Does he still become Magus or what?

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 12, 2008, 03:43:24 am »
  Chalk up another one for the wizard:   he's an excellent dancer.

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 12, 2008, 04:19:45 am »
  Chalk up another one for the wizard:   he's an excellent dancer.

lol, awesome.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #229 on: December 12, 2008, 06:54:58 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
You said he begs...He does not beg...I'm fairly sure he doesn't even have any real lines against Magus...And I think that he only reacts when it looks like Magus is acting against Schala...

My apologies if the literal definition happened to be slightly off.

No apologies necessary, just make yourself clearer next time. ;)

Keystone refers to the original timeline in which Lavos erupts in 1999AD & the Entity/Planet is fuct...K-2 (aka Keystone-2) refers to the new timeline we're a part of in CT in which Crono & Co. help the Entity by stopping Lavos. And, yes, changing things in the past changes the future, but you also have to take into consideration TTI. Thus, Magus would not be effected by the things that happen to Janus in the K-2 timeline.

Uh, right. If you say so. I don't really care...

Well then, if I may make a suggestion? Don't ask about something you don't care knowing about maybe? >_>

But if what you say is true then what the hell happened to the K-2 Janus? Does he still become Magus or what?

He gets Time Bastard'd.

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • "Chrono Cross" is good, and spoilers never hurt...
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 12, 2008, 09:08:57 am »
But if what you say is true then what the hell happened to the K-2 Janus? Does he still become Magus or what?

He gets Time Bastard'd.

I was always of the opinion that when Zeal fell, Belthasar and Gaspar had already been sent to the eras they were found in (Gaspar to the EoT, and Belthesar to 2300 AD), and when Melchior and Janus were pulled into the black gate, Melchior was sent to Medina, and Janus was sent to the Middle Ages.

I just thought it was done to ensure that they were still where they were so that what they already did wasn't undone.

The Black Wind

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 12, 2008, 04:58:50 pm »
Well then, if I may make a suggestion? Don't ask about something you don't care knowing about maybe? >_>

I was more curious than anything else. It was significant enough for me to ponder, but not enough to change my opinion of the character or anything. While it would have been interesting if past Janus's feelings towards Crono and his friends affected Magus's, the fact that it doesn't changes nothing. In the overall scheme of things, it's irrelevant because Magus still stopped himself from killing them because of his sister and his past self.

Shadow: Yeah, that's exactly what I thought as well.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 12, 2008, 08:24:33 pm »
It's said by an NPC in Zeal that Belthasar is on a small island somewhere working on the Wings of Time...And why would Gaspar & Belthasar be sent to those times prior to Melchior & Janus...? And what happens to their duplicates in your scenario?

Also, I think Magus more wanted Crono & Co. out of the way, though the fact that his sister, whom he loved wanted them alive, he had another option of getting rid of them, right? It's not like they have dissimilar goals after all...

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 12, 2008, 09:39:02 pm »
Maybe they went there and banished him, and didn't tell anyone. As for Gaspar, maybe an incident similar to the Time Crash occurred and he got sent to the End Of Time. Either that or B and G were the only ones TB'd, since Melchior had to give Crono the Grandleon and Janus had to go with Schala when Melchior was freed.

IDK, but then again, when I formed that hypothesis I had never heard of TTI or TB.

Prince Janus

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • What?? what do you want?
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 12, 2008, 11:27:00 pm »
It's said by an NPC in Zeal that Belthasar is on a small island somewhere working on the Wings of Time...

No, that's Gaspar, and he's working on the Chrono Trigger.

"Rumor has it that Gaspar continues his work on a small island somewhere...  he is working on a "Time Egg" of some sort"

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 13, 2008, 05:35:24 pm »
Ah, right, I have trouble with all these Gurus & their many inventions... :lol:

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 14, 2008, 12:43:49 am »
Well, if there's no Magus or Magil or Janus, I probably won't try this series. :lol:

Shadow D. Darkman

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 14, 2008, 12:57:29 am »
Well, if there's no Magus or Magil or Janus, I probably won't try this series. :lol:

:? <(???) Explain.

utunnels

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 14, 2008, 01:18:48 am »
I can't remember exactly, I read an article here(probably through google, I has been a long time) about the similarities between Guile and Magus, interesting. Later I knew Radical Dreamers by searching some remixes, that's when I knew this site. And Magil's mysteries really interested me, so I wanted to figure it out by myself.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 14, 2008, 05:56:35 am »

:? <(???) Explain.

I think he's saying that's how cool Magus is...though his followup makes it sound like that's how cool the internets is...>_>