Author Topic: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End  (Read 37987 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End Beta1
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2008, 02:29:01 am »
I'd like to note that I would put it past Zakyrus to add the new dungeon to CT+ unless we don't have the right tiles for it.

I want to point out that that would incredibly rude and would be asking for square enix to start turning an eye towards the hacking modding community.

Please any and all hackers out there don't take the [possibly] one new thing that SquareEnix took their time to add to the DS version and make it available in an ips patch.  That's not an expression of fan art that's outright stealing SquareEnix's thunder.

--JP

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2008, 03:08:31 am »
I'd like to note that I would put it past Zakyrus to add the new dungeon to CT+ unless we don't have the right tiles for it.

I want to point out that that would incredibly rude and would be asking for square enix to start turning an eye towards the hacking modding community.

Please any and all hackers out there don't take the [possibly] one new thing that SquareEnix took their time to add to the DS version and make it available in an ips patch.  That's not an expression of fan art that's outright stealing SquareEnix's thunder.

--JP

I doubt it will matter since the majority of DS games can already be emulated.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2008, 04:01:48 am »

--JP

I doubt it will matter since the majority of DS games can already be emulated.

not the point.  Obviously we are physically capable of adding the dungeon we've done much more complicated things than that.  But purposely putting a dungeon that SquareEnix added to the DS version of the game in an IPS patch especially this soon after it comes out....and even more especially since it's one of the few if not only new areas of the DS release is not acceptable.  I wouldn't want kajar labs associated with that kind of hack.  What we release is fan expressions of the game or brand new stories that we have thought up ourselves not stuff that could potentially take profit away from SquareEnix. 

If I was square enix I wouldn't mind stuff like prophets Guile, CE, the retranslation or CT+ but i would definitely be bugged if I released a new dungeon and months later it came out on the internet for free, it's borderline putting up an image of the game.  The stuff we do here is borderline illegal enough no reason to push any buttons.

--JP

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2008, 12:56:50 pm »
jsondag2 is right guys. If you want to play the new DS dungeon then play the DS version. If you want to play CT+'s new dungeons, play CT+. No arguments there.

Changing direction here...

And you can buff the stats of the ultimate weapons, correct...? Bah. Your new weapons will be so much better I doubt I'll care. :) Masamune++ sounds so cool. (Maybe you could give it a better name than just adding another + on it...hm...perhaps Doreen joins Masa and Mune as well to form something that incorporates her name better than "Mastermune"... You could still fit it in by saying that the Fall of Guardia caused Doreen to be separated again, or something. :/ Eh. Whatever)

It won't be 'called' Masamune++ --that's just what every can refer to it as. It's still Masamune, but with uber stats.
Uber weapons would seem very unbalanced, until you consider that they'll actually be pretty fair concerning the new enemy stats and AI. The concept of Crono's "Atom Edge" doing 9999 damage every hit is crazy, but finding HOW to get it and actually going about the process makes it worth it. I say if you can get it without cheating, you earned it.

Oh wow this looks great! More scenes and talking! Man this is so exciting!
Are you going to change kid Crono's hair? It seems a little wierd for him to have green hair.

I put the wrong shot.  :x The screenies below have the new sprite.

Most of these are self-explanatory, however, they're a few quriks...

Upper left- a new minigame! (might as well make some fun out of a bad situation!)  :D
Upper middle - A line of dialog shown if playing a brand New Game.
Lower left - an example of how NPCs change their dialog as the world evolves around them (based on events done or not done, in this case)
Center - new Truce Canyon by SirusD (where'd you go man?!)
Middle Right - Enhanced Mystic Mountains, DK_Donulicious
--I've got some more map-scenes showing Azure's work, but I forgot them. :x
Lower middle - Young Crono.
Lower right - an awesome item of unscrutable power? What's inside?   :lol:

Thanks for all the praise everyone. Such words are fuel to motivation. haha.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2008, 01:01:00 pm by Zakyrus »

TheMage

• Artist of Termina
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Dreaming through time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2008, 01:39:11 pm »
Oh this looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome! :mrgreen:

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2008, 04:24:09 pm »
You spelt Retrieve wrong
Formidable

Edit: Sorry, just bothers me >.>

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2008, 04:55:29 pm »
If I wanted to mess around with Temporal Flux and make some maps would it be a waste of time if I didn't use your rom to do it, or would it be easy to import?

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2008, 05:13:50 pm »
A mini game on the Black bird? Nice! :D I always hated the whole, go find your stuff, weapons, and money, but this may make it fun!

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2008, 07:29:17 pm »
If I wanted to mess around with Temporal Flux and make some maps would it be a waste of time if I didn't use your rom to do it, or would it be easy to import?

Its very easy to import, infact, there was a way built into TF for this very purpose.

DK_Donutlicious

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Good news, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2008, 08:12:57 pm »

It is easy. If you are interested in helping out just let me, Azure, or Z know. We could always use the help and fresh ideas :)

Setokia

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2008, 10:03:42 pm »
I'm really loving how CT+ is coming along, oh and Zakyrus.. thanks for the new pics ^^, i love the one with crono as a child, makes things more intersing.. perhaps include a quest with him as a child??? or would that be to much?

DK_Donutlicious

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Good news, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2008, 10:21:24 pm »
I'm really loving how CT+ is coming along, oh and Zakyrus.. thanks for the new pics ^^, i love the one with crono as a child, makes things more intersing.. perhaps include a quest with him as a child??? or would that be to much?

Him as a kid is part of the opening. CT+ has a new and improved intro sequence :)

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2008, 10:41:23 pm »

Him as a kid is part of the opening. CT+ has a new and improved intro sequence :)

I think its sad that I missed this memo...  xD

Setokia

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2008, 10:45:14 pm »
Cool DK, thanks for filling me in on that info ^^.  I cant wait to play CT+ but I'm a patent person as quality must come first.. and i feel this Mod will have plenty of it when compleated.

DK_Donutlicious

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Good news, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2008, 11:17:03 pm »
I think its sad that I missed this memo...  xD
:lol: Don't worry about it. I played a bit of the last release before joining onto the project, otherwise I wouldn't have known either.