Author Topic: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End  (Read 34758 times)

brifye19

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • The black wind howls again...
    • View Profile
Re: ChronoTrigger+ Eternal End Beta1
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2008, 06:08:06 am »
If Frog defeats Magus his curse is broken and he reverts back to human form? I was always annoyed that this didn't happen in the original. This way there is some kind of benefit to defeating Magus.

Meh..Magus isn't all that hard to defeat, although you have a point. The only way that I think that Frog should turn back into Glenn is through a rigorous sidequest.  A couple new Areas maybe a witch somewhere that can reverse spells. or maybe there may be a way to incorporate Schala to reverse the spell. This project really has potential to fill in the gaps that the snes version left. We shall see in a couple of years when the final version is released!

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2008, 09:21:02 am »
I guess thats a long winded way of saying; "the only release date we can give is soon...  where soon is an undefined variable based on a lot of factors"

I actually think what most of us are wanting to know if soon means 2008 or not. School is starting back up in a couple of weeks and I understand that is when time is dwindled for doing this project! I'm just hoping 1.1 comes out before we all start fall classes!

Class has started for me...  And I wish I could give an absolute date.  There are only a few things left to do for 1.1 but we have only a few people working.  I'll do my best to help push to get it done by then (trust me, I'm looking forward to playing it as much as you are) but my best is just my best.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2008, 12:44:53 pm »
Meh..Magus isn't all that hard to defeat, although you have a point. The only way that I think that Frog should turn back into Glenn is through a rigorous sidequest.  A couple new Areas maybe a witch somewhere that can reverse spells. or maybe there may be a way to incorporate Schala to reverse the spell. This project really has potential to fill in the gaps that the snes version left. We shall see in a couple of years when the final version is released!

For one, it'll be some time before Glenn is playable. Second, Magus WASN'T that hard to defeat. (before I got my hands on his stats and AI) Kill Magus and you'd get Glenn. If you want Glenn and Magus you have to do some horriblly difficult quest and obtain the Masamune++ (probably in the Cleft of Dimensions) Also, in the Chrono-Continuum Schala has split into Kid / The Time Devourer so that'd be pretty hard for her to change Frog back.  :D

Switching to CT+ 1.1 itself, I have begun to integrate the list of cutscenes that are to be added as well as enhancing a few existing ones even more. (do I ever quit? :lol:) However, simultaneously I am going to help with the Crimson Echoes project so development might slow down a tiny bit. This won't affect the projected release date (which is unknown to the public at this time. I'd like to tell you, but don't ask - otherwise it may get jinxed like it ALWAYS does when I promise an exact date. I am able to say that it's relatively soon)

However, to keep everyone excited here's another "block O screenshots." As you can see the Death Peak ones are the same scene, but with different party combinations.

~Z

brifye19

• Architect of Kajar
  • Porrean (+50)
  • The black wind howls again...
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2008, 02:08:09 pm »
However, to keep everyone excited here's another "block O screenshots." As you can see the Death Peak ones are the same scene, but with different party combinations.

I'm loving that monster-in-a-box FF reference!

I'm thinking that there should be more sidequests in the kingdom of zeal, I love that place.

Either way it goes I'm excited about this project!

Ahh so you are going to lend a helping hand to Crimson Echoes, "SWEET"!

Jutty

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • The Most In-Frequent Poster Ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2008, 03:30:12 pm »

For one, it'll be some time before Glenn is playable. Second, Magus WASN'T that hard to defeat. (before I got my hands on his stats and AI) Kill Magus and you'd get Glenn. If you want Glenn and Magus you have to do some horriblly difficult quest and obtain the Masamune++ (probably in the Cleft of Dimensions) Also, in the Chrono-Continuum Schala has split into Kid / The Time Devourer so that'd be pretty hard for her to change Frog back.  :D

Switching to CT+ 1.1 itself, I have begun to integrate the list of cutscenes that are to be added as well as enhancing a few existing ones even more. (do I ever quit? :lol:) However, simultaneously I am going to help with the Crimson Echoes project so development might slow down a tiny bit. This won't affect the projected release date (which is unknown to the public at this time. I'd like to tell you, but don't ask - otherwise it may get jinxed like it ALWAYS does when I promise an exact date. I am able to say that it's relatively soon)

~Z

Love what you're doing man. I am actually more excited about this than Chrono Trigger DS :P

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 10, 2008, 12:27:55 pm »
I'm loving that monster-in-a-box FF reference!

I'm thinking that there should be more sidequests in the kingdom of zeal, I love that place.

Either way it goes I'm excited about this project!

Ahh so you are going to lend a helping hand to Crimson Echoes, "SWEET"!

Um, wait till you find out what's INSIDE the box, ha ha ha ha!

Love what you're doing man. I am actually more excited about this than Chrono Trigger DS :P

Lol. It's too bad that the project managers don't care about the ROM hacking scene. Otherwise 90% of us at Kajar Labratories could be working on it!  :lol:

Sailor Phantom

• Porrean (+50)
  • I am Sailor Phantom of Middle Earth!
    • View Profile
    • Sailor Phantom's DA
« Reply #111 on: September 10, 2008, 03:07:12 pm »
Oh wow this looks great! More scenes and talking! Man this is so exciting!
Are you going to change kid Crono's hair? It seems a little wierd for him to have green hair.

Chocobo_Fan

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • Is there no salvation in all the world?
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2008, 05:39:48 pm »
Wow, loving it, Zak! I can't wait! :D

I know I've said that a million times before, but... :p You're doing a really great job. Keep it up.

And yeah, this will definitely be much better than CT DS. That's the difference between a Product and a Work of Art for you. ;)

And DWEE GLENN REVERTING TO NORMAL YAY!!! :D Pity it'll be a while before that happens, but oh well. There will be plenty to do in the meantime! :D

And you can buff the stats of the ultimate weapons, correct...? Bah. Your new weapons will be so much better I doubt I'll care. :) Masamune++ sounds so cool. (Maybe you could give it a better name than just adding another + on it...hm...perhaps Doreen joins Masa and Mune as well to form something that incorporates her name better than "Mastermune"... You could still fit it in by saying that the Fall of Guardia caused Doreen to be separated again, or something. :/ Eh. Whatever)

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2008, 06:42:14 pm »
I don't know, I mean I'm excited for this fan project and all. But to say I'm more excited about it than CT DS? That's probably not going to happen...

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 10, 2008, 06:55:45 pm »
I'm TEN TIMES more excited about this than CTDS...  CTDS won't really have any new content... Just one single dungeon...  So as far as breathing new life into Chrono Trigger, CT+ is going to do it for me so much more.

DK_Donutlicious

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Guardian (+100)
  • Good news, everyone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2008, 06:58:33 pm »
I'm TEN TIMES more excited about this than CTDS...  CTDS won't really have any new content... Just one single dungeon...  So as far as breathing new life into Chrono Trigger, CT+ is going to do it for me so much more.

Exactly. This is the reason I joined the CT+ team to help out. CT DS excited me until I heard that they planned on basically adding NOTHING :( I am far more excited to see CT+ make progress :)

Jutty

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2008, 08:21:51 pm »
I don't know, I mean I'm excited for this fan project and all. But to say I'm more excited about it than CT DS? That's probably not going to happen...

I'm way more excited for some fresh new content than a new port of the same game I've been playing for 13 years. Granted there is a new dungeon, but still face it it's the same game that we all have beaten dozens of times.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 10:03:28 pm by Jutty »

FalconHit

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2008, 09:29:05 pm »
I'm way more excited for some fresh new content than a new port of the same game I've been playing for 13 years. Granted their is a new dungeon, but still face it it's the same game that we all have beaten dozens of times.

Sorry? I am really hyped to see how this turns out, no doubt about it. But I'm just more excited about being able to play it on something portable OTHER than my macbook...

Jutty

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2008, 09:40:31 pm »
I'm way more excited for some fresh new content than a new port of the same game I've been playing for 13 years. Granted their is a new dungeon, but still face it it's the same game that we all have beaten dozens of times.

Sorry? I am really hyped to see how this turns out, no doubt about it. But I'm just more excited about being able to play it on something portable OTHER than my macbook...

Yeah, that could make it worth it. It would be better if it came at a reduced price, but I'm pretty sure it will be 40 bucks. Anyway we're getting off topic.

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2008, 09:49:57 pm »
I'd like to note that I would put it past Zakyrus to add the new dungeon to CT+ unless we don't have the right tiles for it.