Author Topic: ExistEnce.....  (Read 6772 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: ExistEnce.....
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2006, 05:19:58 pm »
I just hate banning, so I leave it up to my advisors. The all-access power of being director of the Compendium allows for some pretty serious positive things to come about, like news, features, and files. But becoming judge, jury, and executioner makes me worry that I'd be exercising too much of my own judgment on the Compendium, so I leave it up to others.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2006, 10:39:59 pm »
I just hate banning, so I leave it up to my advisors. The all-access power of being director of the Compendium allows for some pretty serious positive things to come about, like news, features, and files. But becoming judge, jury, and executioner makes me worry that I'd be exercising too much of my own judgment on the Compendium, so I leave it up to others.

Ah, very good! You have correctly ascertained that, to build further power, one should generally refrain from exercising powers that one already possesses, and instead delegate those powers to subordinates. It's how Captain Picard seldom orders the shields up or the torpedoes armed; Riker usually does that. Picard simply gives the order to fire.

Of course, you must also have realized that the type of power thusly built is of a different sort than mere authority: character stature. Impressive.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2006, 11:11:10 pm »
Ooo! New idea for ranks! Judge, jury and executioner!

Judge-Zealty (or someone else with power)

Jury-nightmare975 (because you always need a conservitve to make the final verdict)

Executioner-Lord J esq. (because you've already shown us your ban hammer)

Though I would presume that the ranks would only be used for a perma-ban.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2006, 11:33:15 pm »
I don't think so, Tim.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2006, 11:37:32 pm »
I don't think so, Tim.

But Josh, wouldn't you want the judge sprite as you icon?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2006, 11:39:10 pm »
I like my little Crono icon.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2006, 12:08:23 am »
I suppose there is a large distinction between doing something with a vague idea of correctness and fully being aware of an ideal. In the event of a Chrono game...the Compendium's management will be put to the ultimate test.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2006, 04:57:21 am »
That kid has been a strain on the community. He's been trouble since day one, and I've had my eye on him almost as long. His last statement wasn't enough for a temporary ban in itself, but with respect to his posting history--which you are free to read--it is a good place to draw a line in the sand and say "no more."

If you are upset for his free speech rights, take it up with ZeaLitY. His authority outranks mine, and I'll defer to his judgment. But, other than the so-called "retard crew," this is the first ban I've ever done, and I'm pretty comfortable with it.

As for your lost respect, Zeppy...oh well. I can't say I'm sorry to see it go. If that's the worst you want to do to me, I'll count myself lucky. I probably never deserved your genuine respect anyway.
Nah, I'll always love you Josh :P
But he has been acting a bit better recently. Good grammar anyone?

Corey Taylor

• Guardian (+100)
  • # 8 Corey Taylor SlipKnoT
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2006, 03:36:23 pm »
I feel like Rodney Dangerfield, don't get no respect.

I felt that the punishment I received was completely uneccessary. I may use poor judgement from time to time but I did not do a thing to get banned for ten days! Okay, I get it now. Everybody, watch out. If you argue with Lord J, or you have your own opinion and want to stick with it, you'll get banned.

As for Zeppelin, I thank you for... well you did something. My name was used and It wasn't used in a bad way.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2006, 04:16:41 pm »

I felt that the punishment I received was completely uneccessary. I may use poor judgement from time to time but I did not do a thing to get banned for ten days! Okay, I get it now. Everybody, watch out. If you argue with Lord J, or you have your own opinion and want to stick with it, you'll get banned.

As for Zeppelin, I thank you for... well you did something. My name was used and It wasn't used in a bad way.

Corey, I've argued horridly with Lord J before, and we tend to be diametrically opposed on many issues - often irreconcilably so - but he's never banned me before. He doesn't just dole that out because someone has a difference of opinion.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2006, 05:41:19 pm »
Daniel's right, Corey. You were banned for a long string of misbehavior that didn't look to be improving. There was a general consensus among the leadership that you were detracting from the community atmosphere we'd like to maintain. You had better take that into consideration from here on out.

As for me, I might have a strong opinion when I argue issues or discuss big ideas in the forums, but I keep that separate from my role as a forum "Entity." Nor do I have any reason for this to be otherwise: It would be embarrassingly petty of me to try and preen my ego by playing god in a theater like this. Message board admins who use their rank to take power trips are pretty silly people.

Looking back, I think the only time I've misused my admin powers was to promote Celesti to "Guru of Guinness" status--which I stand by 100 percent!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2006, 07:15:32 pm »

Rodney Dangerfield got plenty of respect regardless of his act...Don't disrespect the dead! :mrgreen:

Corey Taylor

• Guardian (+100)
  • # 8 Corey Taylor SlipKnoT
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2006, 10:08:38 pm »

Rodney Dangerfield got plenty of respect regardless of his act...Don't disrespect the dead! :mrgreen:
I realise you said, "regardless of his act", but I was pretty much quoting him more than stating his social status. And I am not "disrespecting the dead :mrgreen:"

Though I have misbehaved, my actions in no way affected the atmosphere in which you guys dwell upon. I am a mere speck of immaturity in the continuously growing fan-based site. The chances of me being noticed out of all of the intelligent members is pretty much too low to even take consideration to. Let's just drop the subject for I have dissagreed, once again, and may be banned again.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2006, 10:13:58 pm »
damn u guys went of topic, majorly major