Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 171602 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #1110 on: March 31, 2011, 01:07:48 am »
One handle gin, 2 3-liters of generic lemon lime soda, tons of ice, chopped up real lemons and limes, and a cooler on a porch with a pouring spout makes GinBucket.

Those were fun times. People doing "Bucket Stands" in competition. The problem isn't the alcohol at that point, it's the ice. You get 10, maybe 15 seconds. It was dumb, but it was also fun. Everyone was at least 21. :-P

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 31, 2011, 04:30:33 pm »
I love vodka.  Love, love, love it.  My sister and I drink it straight.  It definitely gets some taking used to, but I've been drinking it since I was 12, so...

More to ya then. I want none of it. :o

I might try a "fruit" drink sometime, but how about I wait til I'm of actual drinking age.

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1112 on: March 31, 2011, 06:04:03 pm »
Stuff I hate? Stuff like this.

As much as I support internet vigilantism for good causes (like exposing a pedophile priest or spamming the king of spams), this shit to an innocent person is bad. Sure, even I get headaches listening to that song, but she doesn't deserve to have her life ruined!

I always thought that the Anonymous were rad, but if they have the heart to pull this off then I might lose respect for em. Charlie Sheen, Tailor Swift and Justin Bieber were undeterred. Let's hope she pulls it through.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 31, 2011, 06:38:02 pm »
I always thought that the Anonymous were rad...

They are anarchists, or at best the mob. They should be abolished.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1114 on: April 01, 2011, 05:08:56 am »
I always thought that the Anonymous were rad...

They are anarchists, or at best the mob. They should be abolished.
:lol:Sometimes Anarchism is a dang good thing which influences freedom at the extreme, hindered only by your personal will power and beliefs. People can choose to be awesome in radical ways.

But when you consider them as "The Mob", I'd have to agree; they have to be abolished. I'm more in support of intellectual individuals than simple-minded mobs. Reason for my support of Anonymous was that there were a few radical minds in there, such as hackers fucking with the officials who imprisoned Lt Bradly when they found he was being mistreated.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: April 01, 2011, 05:15:03 am »
Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons is not a virtue, and cannot be trusted to produce consistent results in the future. There is no such thing as "good" anarchy, ever, and any good outcome from anarchical methods is a coin toss. Only in the most brutally intolerable and short-term situations is it defensible, and even then only with caveats. Life under anarchy is dangerous, unpredictable, and dehumanizing.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1116 on: April 01, 2011, 05:55:06 am »
Doing the right thing for the wrong reasons is not a virtue, and cannot be trusted to produce consistent results in the future. There is no such thing as "good" anarchy, ever, and any good outcome from anarchical methods is a coin toss. Only in the most brutally intolerable and short-term situations is it defensible, and even then only with caveats. Life under anarchy is dangerous, unpredictable, and dehumanizing.
Just what I thought you'd say. Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. Gonna add this quote of yours to mah Basket Notepad. xD

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: April 01, 2011, 11:40:39 am »
Thanks for the reminder that 4chan is populated by people that cannot be described in polite language. I really felt hopeful about them after the Scientology debacle, but meh.

(What on earth is with all this Rebecca Black hate, anyway? She's just a 13 year old kid. I realize that autotuned-to-hell pop music is irritating and lamentable, but come on, tween stars are hardly a new thing. Spend that energy supporting good music!)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 11:43:48 am by Syna »

alfadorredux

• Entity
  • Mystical Knight (+700)
  • Just a purple cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: April 02, 2011, 02:50:22 pm »
Practical jokes in general, April Fish Day[1] in particular, and people who think I'm a spoilsport for hating both. If you'd spent most of your childhood being the butt of versions of these jokes that were meant to be cruel rather than funny, you wouldn't like them either.

[1]I have no idea why, but in French, it's actually called that ("Poisson d'Avril"). Thankfully, it's now over for another year.

As for Anonymous, they occasionally serve a socially useful function by attacking individuals or groups that are technically legal but morally reprehensible, but since they seem to choose their targets on the basis of how annoying they find them rather than how nasty they are, the useful function is more a product of coincidence than anything else.

tushantin

• Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #1119 on: April 02, 2011, 03:52:50 pm »
Practical jokes in general, April Fish Day[1] in particular, and people who think I'm a spoilsport for hating both. If you'd spent most of your childhood being the butt of versions of these jokes that were meant to be cruel rather than funny, you wouldn't like them either.
Aww come on, everybody's a fool, at least once, in that day. XDDD

Except it's not cool when you play one on William. Harry's old friend William is a charmer, but an Alpha in social groups. Some moron glued his pen (thus ensuring his embarrassment at the university) and swapped the toilet keys when he needed to go bad, just to make an April Fool out of him. How did he get his revenge?

That night when the bloke dropped by to his girlfriend's house, he saw his girlfriend waving at William, who had been stepping out of her house (with his clothes and hair a bit messy and a wide grin playing across his face). He looked at the guy and said, "April Fools; she's hot!" <------ Biggest kick in the balls.

Of cause he didn't really sleep with her, but the scare was enough to let him know not to mess with the big guys. Poor guy spent the whole night drinking in depression.

Kodokami

• Entity
  • Enjoy the moment!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: April 06, 2011, 02:19:25 am »
Had to tell a close companion I could no longer be their friend. Long story short, I have lost the ability to trust this person. I hate it, but that's life. At least I am learning.

This about sums up what I feel.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: April 06, 2011, 02:34:59 am »
Sorry to hear that, Kodokami.  I've had very similar experiences, and it really is awful.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: April 06, 2011, 02:55:19 am »

Sorry such a thing happened to you, Kodo.

Trust is a most difficult thing to forge in a friendship, platonic or otherwise. In fact, one could say that it's one of the basest elements of any friendship. Without it, there's simply no way you can ever believe anything that person promises/commits him- or herself to doing with you ever again. This is probably one of the reasons why it's hard to make new friends. Mostly because it's not only an investment of one's time (you're never going to get those years of good memories), but also an emotional investment (all the good times you both had isn't going to erase the fact that you were betrayed).

Depending on who it was that you separated yourself from, may I recommend this little music video?

I find it to be the perfect tongue-in-cheek breakup song.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:56:19 am by GenesisOne »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 06, 2011, 03:07:35 am »
Aye, you're learning, and it will pay off in the long run so long as you reflect upon life's experiences and draw lessons from them.

Syna

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 06, 2011, 11:42:56 am »
That's a truly awful thing to have to do to a friend, but better that it ended now and won't become even more dysfunctional, right? I'm sorry, nonetheless.