Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 167822 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Stuff you hate
« on: July 01, 2006, 03:49:24 pm »
I'm sick and tired of certain quirks. Post them here.

The :P tongue smiley.

Using the word "said" to describe something presented earlier in a sentence. "...a bulk of the character information be moved to said article and..." it comes off as totally pretentious to me.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 03:56:22 pm »
The tongue smiley is fine for me. I don't like the ^_^, oO, -____- kind of smileys though...

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 08:24:45 pm »
I hate when people list "music" as an interest; EVERYONE LIKES SOME FORM OF MUSIC! Saying that you like music doesn't describe anything about your personality. Well actually, I do have a friend that actually doesn't listen to any form of music, but I assume that's insanely rare.

Similarly, I also hate people who read manga or watch anime JUST because it's manga/anime, not because it's good or anything

Hmm.. and when people say "------ and I" no matter where it is in the sentence. I don't have the same hate towards people making other grammar mistakes because when people say "----- and I", they specifically think that they're avoiding the 'error' of saying "------ and me". Actually, I almost enjoy saying stuff like "Can you come to the mall with Crono and me?" so that, in the rare case that someone tries to correct me by saying "it's 'Crono and I'", I can be like "WTF EHOIFHI IT'S THE OBJECT OF A PREPOSITION, NOT NOMINATIVE"... It's never happened, though, and I kind of have stopped caring when I see it in video games or in books

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 09:50:30 pm »
I hate injustice or perceived injustice. I know that sounds generic and maybe even trite, but if I'm talking about actual emotions of hatred rather than the tongue-in-cheek stuff some of the other are people posting here, nothing does it more for me than seeing something that isn't right. For a pop culture reference, the backstory of Lisa Trevor from Resident Evil is an excellent example. For a real-world example, something like this might come to mind.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 10:02:30 pm »
Certain laws of physics, mainly conservation of energy, special relativity, and whatever law says I can't stab morons in the face over the Internet.

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 11:12:21 pm »
i hate internet slang annd people that try to write with numbers.  n00b, teh, and pwn are just a few examples.  i actually feel embarrassed for people that write like that.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 01:08:00 am »
I hate people that actually say internet slang in real life, like n00b. No, I mean it, people actually call each other n00bs in real life. Yeah, it sickens me too.

I hate people that hate things because of the time era, or where it comes from, rather than what they actually think of it.

I hate people that judge people only on looks.

I hate people that just say "racist" or "sexist" at anything even slightly related to race or sex. I hate it when people automatically assume that any shit that happens to them is because of race or sex. I hate masculinism or feminism, I'm more for a shared sex...is...m. I hate how Law and Order usually has some crime or something related to race, and how all the black guys go "it's because I'm black, right." Goddamn script writers.

I hate shitty anime. A lot. Good anime is REALLY good, like great classics, such as Akira and Evangelion.

I hate people that say "well it's MY/YOUR opinion." This reminds me of Maddox:

Yep, now I'm done.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2006, 01:10:34 am by Burning Zeppelin »

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 03:08:01 am »
Certain laws of physics, mainly conservation of energy, special relativity, and whatever law says I can't stab morons in the face over the Internet.

I can agree with this.

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2006, 03:18:54 am »
I hate people who have the time to think about small things that they hate like I hate people who use the word mayonnaise.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2006, 08:37:38 am »
I hate word murders!!!!  Especially lol & noobs.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2006, 10:02:53 am »
People that put Chrono related stuff on the General Boards.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2006, 10:49:43 pm »
I hate the smug, elitist attitude that pervades Wikipedia.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2006, 09:30:43 am »
I hate ignorant people -> 1.:"Why isn't 2 saying anything?", 2.:"Who cares?", 1.:"Yeah, right,"   ---->this really happend

I hate people hating people(haha) without a "real" reason.

I hate people who judge people because of stupid reasons like sex("It's because she is female"), age("you are to young to argue with us") or race(nor example here without me going mad)[prejudices?].

I hate people in general.

I hate me repeating myself...

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2006, 09:00:31 pm »
I hate.... hey look a cookie.... ok I HATE COOKIES

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 02:24:08 am »
I hate this topic.

I also hate this . . . thing        :jiraiya: