Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 171629 times)

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #900 on: November 24, 2009, 11:16:35 pm »

Especially if it's a live-action Disney film.

Yet another example of a formulaic, premise-exploiting star vehicle.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: November 25, 2009, 12:32:21 am »
Genesis, I think we can sum it up with "Popularity and quality are not the same thing."

Yet curiously the two seldom are entirely divorced. Indeed, the great works of literature survive because they are popular.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: November 25, 2009, 12:44:33 am »
Genesis, I think we can sum it up with "Popularity and quality are not the same thing."

Yet curiously the two seldom are entirely divorced. Indeed, the great works of literature survive because they are popular.

At least some of them are popular simply because they survived. O, snap!

Yeah, nobody was suggesting that popularity and quality are mutually exclusive.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: November 25, 2009, 11:02:58 am »
Yeah, nobody was suggesting that popularity and quality are mutually exclusive.

No one here is claiming that, true, but others elsewhere essentially do. You actually were the one who touched upon the topic first, which sparked my own comment in time:

But I notice that when it comes to popular things, there tends to be this knee-jerk reaction of "I hate it!" just because it's popular.

That reaction is usually accompanied by another belief, that of "if its unpopular, it's cool!" Both of these actually tie into the same underlying trend in western society (individualism) and are essentially flip sides of the same coin. If heads was addressed, why not tails?

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: November 25, 2009, 02:34:35 pm »
Tails ought not to be discussed in decent company, you hippie.

Thought

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: November 25, 2009, 02:40:13 pm »
Tails ought not to be discussed in decent company, you hippie.

mmm... pie

MagilsugaM

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Time Traveler (+800)
  • Never say never... Nothing is impossible...
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: December 01, 2009, 09:54:05 pm »
I vehemently dislike::

Insomnia.
All that crappy faddish vampire shit that every other girl is obsessed with.  There's even a section in Barnes and Noble called "Vampire Fiction".  OMG is it another novel / TV series about hawt vampires / hawt vampires going to high school??  WOW HOW ORIGINAL.
Lame AIM conversations.  Such as::

Person: hi
Me: hey.  how're you doing?
Person: good. you?
Me: i'm doing alright.
Me: so...how's school?
Person: okay.
Me: [trying to make conversation]
Person: [one-word answers]

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU IM ME IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO SAY !?!?  >_<

LOLOLOLOLOLOL THAT'S SO DAMN TRUE!! I talk to people and they jsut have one word answers... Or if they say something to me same thing happens...

Then there are the girls that talk to you fine and suddenly want to get rid of you on MSN... Is just plain bullshit.

There was this girl from school I use to talk to on msn  and she suddenly disappears on holidays.

I hate when people are not honest about what they think about you yet try to be nice. It's easier to get rid of a person if you don't f#cking talk to them most of the damn time!!

I also hate when they don't block you but they go appear offline so they don't need to talk to you, then they say that they just haven't been online lately.
It really pisses me off when people are just assholes like that. Is even worse when they are friends you hang out with on school most of the time. I always help most people and talk to them. As long as they talk to me. Yet is stupid all the things that happen.

What the hell is wrong with humans? Why are we so damn complicated and not understandable?
Because of that I decided to study psychology at school and I started to understand a bit more and analyze people using their life experiences and what I know about them.
It all makes sense now... I believe in Freud, it all has to do with child traumas, yet psychologist now think that they have to solve the problem now and not tracking down those problems.

Who doesn't hate everything I said?
It's all true and so I don't hate my life, I just hate the way humanity has destroyed our only world which is the only one we have and then we see all the politics assholes who don't even know a shit about climate change and science and we use them to make our day to day decitions that could change our own fate. When I was 14 I would have a better ability and understanding them those incompetent people.
I would indeed be a politician but my fear is that i would become corrupt...

Well that's all I hate for now. ahahha!! LOLOLOL Yet I am like magus... If he has to die he must simply laugh!! LAUGH!
Laugh is a wasted emotions a combination of all those things you can't show to people. I hate that as well.

Well that's all folks!

PD: Ignore the laugh thingy I was being sarcastic....
And yeah i hate that people in here (australia) know less about their own language than I do.

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: December 07, 2009, 04:44:23 pm »
Well.

I just found out that one of my friends was sexually assaulted last year.

I hope the person who did it suffers immensely.

I hate this I hate this I hate this.

I can't comprehend sexual assault.  I can't.  I understand that there can be an understandable reason behind murder.  I understand that there can be an understandable reason behind theft.  I understand that there can be an understandable reason behind physically striking someone.

But not sexual abuse.  There is absolutely no justification for it.  There is NO justification or understandable reason behind sexually abusing a college student.  There is NO justification or understandable reason behind raping a 9 year old child.  Ugh.

I hate rapists.  I hate pedophiles.  I hate this.

I hate humanity.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: December 07, 2009, 05:47:00 pm »
I hate humanity.

That's a very defeatist attitude toward mankind in general.

Even so, I am very, very sorry about what your friend suffered through.  It angers me know that some men outright refuse to express any emotion above the waist.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #909 on: December 07, 2009, 07:45:23 pm »
That's a very defeatist attitude toward mankind in general.

Personally, I think it's well-deserved.  I know I'm a bitter, cynical misanthrope.  If other people have faith and hope in humanity or believe that humans can eventually overcome their collective selfishness and cruelty, then awesome.  As for me, I don't agree.  I haven't for most of my life, and I don't think my mind will ever change.  I hate to pull the "If you knew me, you might understand." card, but I feel it applies.  People who do know me aren't very surprised and have said it's completely understandable that I greatly dislike, distrust, and fear humans as a collective whole.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 07:48:35 pm by Sajainta »

ZombieBucky

• Springtime of Youth
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • <insert witty phrase to match above avatar>
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: December 07, 2009, 07:48:14 pm »
i hate to pour salt in this wound, sai, but you should smack her for not going forward when there was still dna in her. that way they could have more of a chance to find this sicko. not to be mean or anything, but yeah.
i agree. people are sick. but they arent always like that. when we see something horrific, we think of the bad part of humanity. but when we need to go forward, we need to think of the good parts of humanity. when we cant see that anymore, were hopeless.

Temporal Knight

• Springtime of Youth
  • Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Roar through the flames of time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: December 07, 2009, 07:54:42 pm »
Such a shame, that is, Sajainta....but I would like to make a statement, even if it might not help at all. It is my own personal opinion on that matter.

It is not humanity that you must hate, but rather the darker side of it. The side that dwells within the world of which we call today. As the centuries have passed, mankind has grown more ignorant and selfish. It is beyond true that such dishonorable people have existed through all of time, but the aspects of honor and respect for all beings, human and animal, has well since dispatched. However, it is not what you see from the darker, more depressing side of humanity and the world around us that should fuel you, but rather the urge to change those around you by being one in the handful of souls that are well off in life, those that respect and follow such ways of honor. Only then will people realize what is right, and what is wrong...even if it does take hundreds...thousands...even millions of years.

But never dishonor dishonor with more dishonor. Only that leads to more corruptness. That only spreads such slanderous ways across the world that we attempt to thrive on. Rather, treat dishonor with respect by spreading the ways of honor.

Never back down from humanity. Teach it a lesson of goodness, and influence those around you to change as well. For the better. Even with the strongest amounts of fear, we must use that and channel it into strength for us to barrel through the rumbling road that is life, and attempt to form a future worth while.

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #912 on: December 07, 2009, 07:55:57 pm »
i hate to pour salt in this wound, sai, but you should smack her for not going forward when there was still dna in her. that way they could have more of a chance to find this sicko. not to be mean or anything, but yeah.

I'll try and say this as politely as possible.

I really, really hope that you never meet someone who has been assaulted and say that to them.  Maybe you don't know how awful it sounds, but yes it sounds mean.  It sounds like victim blaming.

Unlike other crimes like theft or fraud or whatever, you as the victim are not scrutinized and blamed.  People don't say things to you like "Well, if you hadn't been wearing your fancy shoes outside of the house, you wouldn't have gotten robbed."  People don't think you're a slut or a whore or somehow "asking for it" if you got beaten up.  Jesus Christ, I could go on and on.

It is insanely, INSANELY emotionally difficult to go forward to the police after you've been sexually assaulted, and someone that doesn't should not be "smacked around".  They are not stupid or pathetic or weak for not going to the police.  They are scared, they are afraid they will not be believed, they are ashamed, and they are fearful of the kind of response you gave--insinuating that they are somehow at fault.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:32:33 pm by Sajainta »

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #913 on: December 07, 2009, 07:57:34 pm »
As the centuries have passed, mankind has grown more ignorant and selfish.

What would lead you to believe that?

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: December 07, 2009, 08:01:46 pm »
My wife and I have been married since July 2008 and we had yet to break any of our dishware (plates, bowls, etc)... That day came today.  17(ish) months with no broken dishware isn't that bad, actually!