Author Topic: Stuff you hate  (Read 171400 times)

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff you hate
« Reply #870 on: November 19, 2009, 08:54:38 pm »
Hey Triforce. Canada.

Mr. Bekkler, hating yourself is never a good thing, especially if you're an awesome person.

Watch this and you will instantly feel better.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 19, 2009, 09:05:36 pm »
I feel a little better today. Hate is an overstatement I suppose, but I got dumped and I just have a bad case of the PFMs (Poor Fuckin Me's). Sorry to get all emo on the forums. But hey! I'm like Magus Saj now!
:lol:
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:26:47 pm by Mr Bekkler »

Sajainta

• Survivor of the Darkness
  • Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • Reporting live from Purgatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 19, 2009, 09:21:34 pm »
Sorry to get all emo on the forums. But hey! I'm like Magus now!

Stop it.  Being emo on the forums is my job!  XD

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 19, 2009, 09:27:32 pm »

Stop it.  Being emo on the forums is my job!  XD

Fixed it:

But hey! I'm like Magus Saj now!

:-)

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 19, 2009, 09:31:37 pm »

Stop it.  Being emo on the forums is my job!  XD

Fixed it:

But hey! I'm like Magus Saj now!

:-)

(As in, I literally laughed out loud.)

Crono666

• Guardian (+100)
  • Queen Zeal is best Waifu
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #875 on: November 23, 2009, 03:36:53 am »
I hate hearing about Twilight. Everytime I go online I see ads for this movie. Everytime I turn on the radio I hear about this movie. Everytime I walk into a bookstore I see displays for the series.
I want the Twilight crazy to roll over and fucking die!!!

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #876 on: November 23, 2009, 04:57:52 am »
I hate hearing about Twilight. Everytime I go online I see ads for this movie. Everytime I turn on the radio I hear about this movie. Everytime I walk into a bookstore I see displays for the series.
I want the Twilight crazy to roll over and fucking die!!!

You've come to the right place.  Every mention of Twilight on this website that I have seen (which, fortunate, are few and far between) has only been to bash the series.

And don't worry, it's bound to die eventually.  Trends always do.

Just be thankful you aren't a girl and so it's not expected of you to like the series.  Apparently if you don't like Twilight you're just "jealous you could never find a guy like Edward Cullen" (or probably "jelus u culd nevar find a gui lyk EDWARD CULLEN <33333").  My boyfriend could kick Edward's ass, and he's mortal.  He also isn't a stalker or an abusive boyfriend.  He doesn't have sex with me when I'm unconscious and he wouldn't let any children of ours be "betrothed" to pretty much a pedophile.

And he doesn't sparkle.

Edit::  Here are my thoughts on Twilight::

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:12:27 am by Sajainta »

Trebuchet

• Guardian (+100)
  • Mister Jean
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: November 23, 2009, 01:51:25 pm »
Ugh, Twilight.
Don't get me started on Twilight.
It should be outlawed in all 50 states, and territories.

But don't worry, we all hate it (Who have contributed to conversations about it) , as Sajainta said. You've got allies.

This pretty much sums it up.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: November 23, 2009, 02:05:08 pm »
Well, my jury is still out, since I haven't read it. But I'm mildly disgusted that this went in the "hate" thread rather than the "frustration" thread. I find it hard to accept that Twilight could merit true hatred from a reasonable person.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: November 23, 2009, 03:46:35 pm »

I think I'll stick with Bram Stoker.

On the plus side, I found this:

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Twilight

Sajainta

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: November 23, 2009, 03:50:17 pm »
Well, my jury is still out, since I haven't read it. But I'm mildly disgusted that this went in the "hate" thread rather than the "frustration" thread. I find it hard to accept that Twilight could merit true hatred from a reasonable person.

Oh, it's almost on the hate line.  I read all four books (because I don't like bashing things that I know little about).  It basically glorifies sexism, says that abusive and stalkerish behaviour is alright and "romantic", and has an incredibly horrifically creepy pedophilic undertone--with the adult male werewolves "imprinting" on infant or child human females, who they will then "raise" as a familial figure until they're old enough to start having sex with them.  Because that doesn't sound like child grooming at all.

And it's not only that, but people are PRAISING these books and saying they're good examples to young girls.  It's absurd and disgusting.

If it was just a badly written series of books, that'd be a frustration, but the books being utter filth gift-wrapped and served to young girls (and praised up to high heaven) crosses over the frustration line.

GenesisOne

• Bounty Seeker
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • "Time Travel? Possible? Don't make me laugh!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: November 23, 2009, 03:53:55 pm »

They should've called it Why Mormons Shouldn't Write Young Adult Vampire Romance Novels.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #882 on: November 23, 2009, 04:59:05 pm »
I am a girl (gasp!) thus I am expected to know every actor who took part in Twilight, and to have a fully fledged thesis on who my favourite Twilight character is, and why. How was I supposed to know that some weirdo in Twilight was the same actor as Cedric Diggory?
I almost feel like punching the next person to bring up Twilight in my presence.

While we're on this topic, I have discovered [u=http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-a-twilight-mmo-would-be-the-most-horrifying-thing-on-earth/]a very reputable article pertinent to this conversation.[/u] It is quite entertaining and very informative.

Sorry to disgust you J, but I did try reading it. I usually really like vampire stories, they're quite fun, but this is just.. no. I suppose it's alright to let people have their fantasies, but please, PLEASE don't force other people to put up with them.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: November 23, 2009, 05:55:58 pm »
I'm not going to force anyone to read something they don't want to read, especially when we're talking about leisure reading. I suppose most people are just faster to hatred than I am. For me, hatred is a very serious category in which to place a thing.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: November 23, 2009, 06:01:39 pm »
Eh, let me add this: My reaction of disgust wouldn't have happened if just one or two people had come along to knock Twilight. Like I said, I never read the series. I don't have anything invested in it. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I notice that when it comes to popular things, there tends to be this knee-jerk reaction of "I hate it!" just because it's popular. I never approve of reactionary judgments, and they do make me sick--at least in an intellectual sense. Maybe some or all of the people here who hate Twilight have made their judgments for valid reasons having nothing to do with the anti-populist backlash, in which case my disgust would be partially or entirely unfounded.

Fair enough?