Author Topic: Favorite Place in an RPG  (Read 23612 times)

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Place in an RPG
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2006, 03:35:24 pm »
Final Fantasy X - Besaid village background by the temple

or

Chrono Cross - Van's house on the balcony

kian

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2006, 10:12:48 pm »
costa del sol in ff7.  just kick back and relax in the sun.

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2006, 02:19:13 pm »
I have a few places I'd like to see:

Suikoden V: Sun Palace, Ceras Lake(HQ)

FFTactics:  All of the Major cities in that game.

Xenosaga: Durandal (especially when it docks in that colony, forgot the name)

Dragon Quest VIII:  The whole world.

Castlevania: SOTN: Clock Tower, Dracula's throne room

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2006, 09:40:41 pm »
There's a Suikoden V now? Lord, am I behind the times...

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2006, 10:55:39 am »
Yes and this Suikoden is up there with Suikoden 2 in terms of gameplay and story.  The story is awsome.  My girlfriend doens't like video games that much but she begs me to play so she can watch and learn more of the story.  This game is a must have.

cupn00dles

• Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2006, 09:30:01 pm »
All El Nido!

OOOK ~

Well, that'd be because El Nido passes me the image of a "perfect" paradise, with utterly beautiful landscapes, but at the same time it has its share of mysterious and morbid places, such as the Viper Manor, the Isle of the Damned and the Dead Sea... I mean, it's the land of the Dragon Gods  :?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 09:46:52 pm by cupn00dles »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2006, 09:35:16 pm »
You guys do realize that the entire draw of this thread comes in reading about why these places are your favorite? I could rattle off a list too, but it would do nothing. You have to explain why; that allows everyone to share in the experience, and gets people interested in playing those games.

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2006, 05:33:11 pm »
Ok zeality

Ceras lake:  Can you imagine standing on the top level of a castle that is in the middle of a lake.  Surrounded on all     sides by beautiful shimmering water.  and its in the perfect position to defend an attack. 

Xenosaga(Durandal):  Need I say why i want to visit this place?

Dragon Quest VIII:  Its very hard to pick just on local in this game.  It was such a beautifully designed game.  Now I wish that I could see this world while using the Godbird's Soulstone.  If you have played the game you know this was a highlight of the game.

Castlevania SOTN:  To be in Dracula's thrownroom fighting him one on one would ba awsome.  Hearing the castle creak and moan with demons and zombies would scare the living s**t out of me, but it would be worth it.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2006, 07:03:00 pm »
the city that never was: kingdom hearts.

... what?

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2006, 08:54:22 pm »
Well I personally love staring off into the scenary and letting my mind wonder. It's so peaceful I wish I could be there forever.

Apply them to the gaming world, Besaid village by the temple near the sea is great. Chrono Cross in Termina on Van's balcony, staring out into the sea with that island. Incredible.

There's a part of the picture that makes me feel at home for some reason. The one thing I look for in every game is the backgrounds of 2D levels, RPGs . . . you name it, I just really like it.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2006, 07:02:57 am »
I like the Kukai foundation colony in Xenosaga... But I'll never forget the serene BGM of Mac Anu(I'm not sure about spelling) in the .Hack series.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2006, 06:52:01 pm »
I like the Kukai foundation colony in Xenosaga... But I'll never forget the serene BGM of Mac Anu(I'm not sure about spelling) in the .Hack series.
I kinda favor the sky city.

Shadow_Dragon

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2006, 03:28:04 am »
I can't think of them off the top of my head, so I'll go through my games to come up with stuff...
There're going to spoilers, so I hope nobody minds
And I'll try to find pics of the places so other people know what I'm talking about

Kingdom Hearts:

Hollow Bastion... I actually really hate the whole elevator system and the sliding door system in the basement. I get really annoyed every time I have to watch the elevators move, and the sliding door system pisses me off because it looks like there's a hiden room that's actually totally inaccessable (I'm assuming it was in the beta or something like that). Besides that, I love everything else about Hollow Bastion, maybe because I played Chain of Memories first, and was so overwhelmed at how amazing Hollow Bastion is in KH compared to KH:CoM, or the feeling when Riku takes the keyblade. The exterior is really beautiful with the vast sky, and I always enjoy riding the one big elevator despite how much I hate the elevators because of the really awesome detail on the side of the castle. I love the Heartless symbol in the first place, and it on the castle is just an amazing sight for me. I don't know what the room is called, but the one with the princesses where you first Dark Riku, is so beautiful too.. plus, it has a heartless symbol on the floor. I have to say, though, that the second visit to Hollow Bastion was really disappointing because they hyped up how difficult it would be to go back and it turned out there weren't any encounters really.

Clock Tower in Neverland... or the Neverland World, technically in England or w/e. But anyway, I love the music, and how you can fly when you're there. The area or room or w/e you'd call it is so open, I love jumping off the tower and falling for what seems like forever until the pixie dust kicks in when you reach the bottom limit

Kingdom Hearts II:

Twilight Town... Although the opening is rather dull, it does make me feel rather attached to Twilight Town. I'm sure most people felt genuinely sad when Roxas says his "I guess my summer vacation is over" line. Also, once you get control of Sora, the music changes in the town, and it evokes a lot of feeling in me because it reflects how much I missed Roxas even though I never really liked him that much in the first place

The World that Never Was... I guess the main reason I love TWTNW is because of the Another Side, Another Story or Deep Dive videos that were teasers for KH2 unlockable in KH1; I'm sure I'm not alone in loving the mood set up with the rain and dark color scheme, and even if it's not that vividly expressed in the actual game, being there gives me the feeling that I get from the videos

Metroid Prime: I tried thinking of favorite places in this game, and I really couldn't think of any, but I wanted to add that I absolutely LOATHE the deep Phendrana Drifts with the Space Pirate research labs where you find the Thermal Visor and the lights go off in addition to the first appearance of Metroids, the Phazon Mines in general, and the annoying tall room in Impact Crater with the Fission Metroids that spawn for what seems like forever

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes:

Sanctuary Fortress... I love the exterior, especially the upside-down circuit-like rain, but it bothers me that the rain stops once you return the energy. The city that you can see bellow the fortress amazes me as well because it makes me almost marvel at the achievements of the Luminoth, but also makes me feel sad because I know that the entire metropolis is abandoned and that only a select few Luminoth are actually alive

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within:

Entrance to the castle... A picture would probably illustrate the feeling better than I could ever descirbe, but the way the camera is angled, the desperation of the prince, and the foreshadowing at all he'll have to do (I'm pretty sure you can see the water and gear towers in the distane) to be free just makes this brief part of the game stand out so much. It's not really a place that I'd go back to a lot to stare at, but every time I play it (3 times so far, because I failed to get all the life upgrades the first 2 times) I always take time to soak it all in

I want to go to sleep, so I'll just list some others... Lindblum in FFIX and the road to Zanarkand (I hate the actual interior of Zanarkand, though) and the Calm Lands in FFX

DarkEpoch7

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2006, 04:34:41 am »
The End of Time in CT. It really makes you feel the vast nothingness of it all. Also Zeal is pretty sweet. And last but not least, Atlantica from Kingdom Hearts 2. Unda da sea! do do do-do do do-do do do do...Ok I'm obviously kidding with Atlantica. That place blows.

ClayAKAMe

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2006, 05:12:56 am »
Burn it Down any ways. Zeal can stay but the rest has to go