Author Topic: Colosseum  (Read 8686 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2005, 07:13:13 pm »
Any ideas when it will be out, or if there's  a way I can get it now?

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2005, 07:16:37 pm »
Geiger can resume work on it now, but I think exportable data still needs to be implemented.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2005, 01:09:11 am »
That's a huge relief.  It seems like the "enemy loading problem" is a tad worse than I thought.  It turns out that it's not only enemies that make it impossible to load other enemies but NPC's do as well.

Shouldn't hurt too much though.

My current question is for Temporary variables

The colliseum is using a temporary variable to determine what enemies are loaded based on their difficulty.  The way I want to set it up is

Fight 3 fights
Move party to top of screen
Change location to second room
Move party to middle of Room
Second 3 fights

What I'm not sure of is if the change location will reset my temporary variable.

If it does I'm going to require one of the permanant variables

--jp

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
Colosseum
« Reply #93 on: August 17, 2005, 11:20:35 am »
As I have previously stated... somewhere, exportable data will not be in v2.00.  It will require far too much time to implement properly.  The next version is dedicated solely to exporting, but I am not sure when that will be available.

I am not sure about temporary variables.  I do not think they are wiped out when changing locations, but I am not positive.  You will just have to try it out.

---T.Geiger

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2005, 11:40:22 am »
As I have previously stated... somewhere, exportable data will not be in v2.00. It will require far too much time to implement properly. The next version is dedicated solely to exporting, but I am not sure when that will be available.

Nice to see you again Geiger.  Does this mean I have to redraw the map somewhere else?  I'm not sure what the difference is between exporting and exportable data.

Got a weird error last night, I'll be looking at it again but maybe you guys know off the top of your head.  After the third fight I load up the room again but I want the party to start at the top left corner (second room).  So at the end of the first fight I set 7F0050=1, then in Object00->startup I have if(7F0050=1)->CallObjectFunction(Some Object) and it just goes back to where the code left off.  

I want this cause I don't want the player to be able to heal between fights.  But this was giving me the black screen.  I thought the Call Object Function
but I replaced CallObjectFunction with Textbox("test") and It still won't load.  

Once again I haven't really looked into it, but you guys have been able to save me time before

Thanks

--jp

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
Colosseum
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2005, 02:07:15 pm »
Does this mean I have to redraw the map somewhere else?

Not necessarily.  It is possible to move the map packet around and change the pointer that references it and whatnot, but that has to be done outside Flux with a hex editor.

---T.Geiger

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2005, 03:28:59 pm »
You can also use right click and drag in 2.00 to copy map tiles that are already placed, and paste them to other maps. You must do it for both layers though.

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
Colosseum
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2005, 06:29:02 pm »
You can also use right click and drag in 2.00 to copy map tiles that are already placed, and paste them to other maps.

And you also have to make sure that you are using the same tilesets or it will not look right.  In theory, it should be possible to do this in 1.07.

---T.Geiger

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2005, 06:55:29 pm »
In theory, it should be possible to do this in 1.07.

I've tried using area select on the map I'm editing but it never worked.  I'll just wait for 2.0.

I was finally able to get the change location->move sprite->continue code where I left off problem fixed.  For some reason object00's startup function couldn't call a function in object 33.  But if I had the same function call object00's Arbitrary D function and have Arbitrary D call a function in object 33 it worked fine.  I don't know why, but I'm fine with it.  

Now a similar problem is happening when I try to call a function to load 3 enemies.  Hopefully I can do the same thing.  

Geiger, maybe you know if it's possible to set staircases so that when a sprite runs through it the staircase stays above the sprite. I make "over sprite" true but it doesnt seem to stay that way after I place the tile.  The same thing happens for "flip horiz" or "flip vertical"

--jp

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
Colosseum
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2005, 12:01:46 am »
Subtile properties are not editable (read-only).  They are the last major item I need to implement in 2.00.

You know, aside from the oodles of bugs left in the code.  :bleh:

---T.Geiger

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2005, 11:22:36 am »
It took a couple days but finally all three difficulties can be played through 3 different rooms.  I've also been working on some music which is one of my questions this time around.

First off though can someone point me towards a point in the code that uses {value 16}?  From what I've gathered it's a combination of the juror's guilties and the number of cats but I need to look at how it's implemented.

Second is the music question, it seems like it should be easy but how is Magus's castle, or black omen keep their song's continuous even when you switch screens.  I've tried placing the "play song" under a condition that will only be ran when the first screen is loaded but it still restarts once Crono enters the second room.

Thanks

John Paul Sondag

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
Colosseum
« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2005, 02:06:47 pm »
First off though can someone point me towards a point in the code that uses {value 16}?

As I mentioned previously, I do not think it is used in the game.  There is also a {value 32} that I know is not.  I would try doing it the same way as {value 8}, except that you now need to take care of two bytes instead of one.

how is Magus's castle, or black omen keep their song's continuous even when you switch screens.

There are a few different ways of doing this.  Probably the best, and the way I think I did it in the teaser, is to set all of the Locations to no default music (value FF).  It will play no music on its own, leaving whatever music was previously playing going.

---T.Geiger

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2005, 06:29:39 pm »
I was looking through the strings and found this usage of {value 16}

Info {value 16}{line break}
X  {value 8}  {value 8}{line break}
Y  {value 8}  {value 8}{null}

Me and my roommate play alot of chrono trigger but for the life of us we can't figure out what location this dialogue is said.

It's dialogue number Dialogue (0x1EC000) index 00

If anyone recognizes it please fill me in, the other indexes around it are from the dome where the food storage is.

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2005, 07:17:27 pm »
It's unused. Back when the CT Script was made, it was subjected to several fans' memories and playthroughs, but no one could find it.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2005, 09:11:50 pm »
You can probably also turn this variable into an unsigned short (65535 max value). 7F0051 is for trial innocent votes. 7F0052 is for silver points. 7F0053 is for number of kittens. Pick two of those and use them together if you do not plan to use them anymore (52 and 53 would probably work best). Then use {value 16} in your string. I do not think the game makes use of this character, so there may be some issues with it

That is from a while ago.  I really have no idea what is meant by use them together, and from my knowledge if you put them together wouldn't it only be 510, not 65535.  I'm sorry to bother you guys but I really can't teach it to myself if it's not in the game.  I did replace my {value 8} with {value 16} and it didn't affect the game at all, they seem to be interchangable.  

Any help will be appreciated.

--jp