Author Topic: Colosseum  (Read 7825 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #105 on: September 01, 2005, 01:02:45 am »
Alrighty everyone, been awhile eh?

If any of you care my life at the ol University of Illinois is awesome in my new apartment, but that's not why you are on the forum is it.

There is one more thing I have to do before text changes and the like, and it's a big one.....the BP system

Try as I may I can not figure out how to use {value 16}....I know it's sad but unless someone else has found something out it seems to me like it just does the same thing as {value 8} (I checked and it still only goes up to 255)

So were left with 255 BP
3 levels of fights, we want people to not be able to abuse this thing so...

Fighting one on one (multiply by 2 for fighting with party)
Easy:
1st fight---1
2nd fight--1
3rd fight--2
4th fight--4
5th fight--7
6th fight--10
7th fight--15

Medium
1st Fight--2
2nd fight-2
3rd fight-5
4th fight-7
5th fight-12
6th fight-20
7th fight-25

Hard (this is really hard)
1st fight-5
2nd fight-10
3rd fight-15
4th fight-20
5th fight-25
6th fight-40
7th fight (special  prize Omega proofish)

I want to stress that to get to the end is hard (getting to the end of easy is like getting to the middle of medium)...also we can limit them by only allowing medium availible at a certain time in the story....I'm probalby goign to come to you guys for prizes.  Probably somethign like mid-tonics for low numbers good armor for high numbers maybe megaElixers too.

I really enjoy feedback cause I hate to make decisions.

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #106 on: September 01, 2005, 01:35:20 am »
The Omega prize; should it be something not obtainable anywhere else, like a Quartz Charm from SMRPG?

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • How do we know we exist?
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #107 on: September 01, 2005, 02:30:09 am »
I'd say an extremely tricked out weapon for the lead party member; for instance, taking Rainbow stats and pimping it up by having its damage multiplier differentiate in power like the Crisis Arm.

You can hit some mad damage with one of those, by the way.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #108 on: September 01, 2005, 06:11:28 pm »
I was thinking something along the quartz charm too.  I dont know if you guys know a way to add items yet but we know how to rename items.  We can work out those details later, anyways unless I hear some objections I'll probably implement this BP system.

Pumping up a weapon for Colliseum V. 2.0 will be silly since it's just an add on for Chrono Trigger so they'll be able to get the item somewhere else anyways.  

--jp

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #109 on: September 01, 2005, 06:21:02 pm »
I'm not talking actually pumping up an existing weapon.

I'm suggesting we make an entirely new weapon.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #110 on: September 01, 2005, 06:24:01 pm »
Well, the issue is that the party gets "ultimate weapons" at the end of the game. This would have to be pretty special...

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2005, 06:30:57 pm »
The weapon I speak of does 5k damage a hit, and has a 95% chance of critlocking.

Sound special enough?

Besides, we aren't limited to weapons.

Uber-armor and yes, even accessories, as previously stated, are wonderful ideas.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #112 on: September 01, 2005, 08:03:01 pm »
The thing is are we able to make NEW weapons or just replace the old ones with different stats, cause if we can only replace then they are going to get the weapon at one other place than the colliseum

i.e. we give the rainbow super stats and the player will get the rainbow by doing the rainbow sidequest anyways

maybe we can Add weapons but from my understanding were limited to replacing previous weapons

--jp

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #113 on: September 01, 2005, 08:35:26 pm »
Even with the editors in their current states, it IS possible to make new weapons/armor.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2005, 04:03:37 am »
Opinion Time

BP Rewards

5-midtonic
10-ether
20-mid ether
40-Full tonic
80-Elixer
160-Safety Helm
255-Nova Armor

This'll still take them awhile to get up to Nova Armor, a pretty long while.  So I wanted them to get rewarded well.  I tried to put items that they could use in the arena, in fact I'm thinking of moving Full Tonic lower, because in the arena they will need to be able to cure HP alot and if they are doing 1v1 tonics are their only option.  I did the steep curve that Geiger mentioned oh so very long ago.   I'm open for change.

--jp

Exodus

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #115 on: September 03, 2005, 04:30:41 am »
5-Full Tonic
10-Ether
20-Elixer
40-Full Ether
80-Mega Elixer
160-Haste Helm
255-Nova Armor

Seem balanced to you?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #116 on: September 03, 2005, 04:58:34 am »
Touche, haste helm would be much more useful in the arena.  I'm swapping your Elixer and full ether though......cause if I remember correctly the Elixer does everything a full ether does AND recovers HP so noone would ever buy a full ether

I looked into adding an item and I can make it so the player receives a "trophy" I wanted Coliseum trophy but it doesn't fit (I'll look at bisqwit's tools later).  I can't really give the trophy a description cause I have no idea how they link the item to the description, for example:

189 is the tonic index in items
C0 is the tonic index in item descritions...Geiger probably knows more about this.

What I was thinking of doing is replacing the "race log"........I mean honestly who uses this item right, and it'd be really easy replace the item description.

By the way if anyone can think of a cooler sounding name than trophy and a cool description for it that'd help.

Here's a list of Colliseum features

Cool looking map:  It was done by my roommate and he's a perfectionist
3 rooms:  Allows for more diverse enemies
HP recovery room
Shop and BP trade shop
Speekios theme (prefights), the Battle 2 theme (during fights)
Handicaps (not nearly as cool as I would have liked)
--replace weapon
--replace helmet
--replace accessory
--recover HP
--recover MP
--no handicap
I used to have one where Flea? appeared and drained your MP but there was soooooo many bugs with it cause of the Enemies not loading if certain enemies loaded first, however if I find a huge amount of time I can work on this
3 difficulties
BP checker (Small feature but took me forever to implement)

Stuff I still need to work on

Fighting alone and with party (I think I need help from the big 3 with this one, my main concern is that it would have to be deactivate members, fight alone, load new screen, fight alone, load new screen, reactivate members....I'm not sure if you can load a new screen and keep members deactivated)
Touching up text
Finalizing the enemy list

Not game over if you die in arena...EDIT:  Fixed this today, I rememberd I had added a function so Crono "gets up" after he dies which was placed in a very convenient spot to change locations

I may add more to this later sorry about the rant it's really late.

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
One on One fights
« Reply #117 on: September 03, 2005, 01:12:43 pm »
I thought I should make the One on One fight issue more apparant,

From what I found it is impossible to determine what group of 3 people you have, yes they have the Check party operator but (boy this is from awhile ago)

if you have 7 people and you can take any three people in any order you want it's alot of people.....(this is probably completely wrong but it may be 7!/3! but that may only be if order is important which it wouldn't be in our case)  Nontheless it would take alot of If statements to be able to determine who the three people in your party are and then I would have to have Text box for each group of three ......unless you can use the check party code for strings...which I don't think you can.

The only way I can see getting around this is if there is some way to check who the front guy in your party is.  Then we could force them to talk to the entry guy with ther person they plan on fighting alone with.  This would only require 7 check "lead guy" if statements and then I could just derecruit the other 6 people and re-recruit them at the end of the fights.  I would think there would be a check lead person so that the map knows who is leading your party but I could be completely wrong.

So if anyone knows how I can implement my solution or has an easier solution for me, or even knows where I can look in the existing code for a solution feel free to tell me.

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2005, 05:06:09 pm »
Hm. You could just have an anterior room where the selection is made. I'm sure there are clean operators for adding or removing characters from the party, like AddToParty and whatnot. Just so early in the game the player can't go there and suddenly add any party member he wishes, you could impose a restriction so that...Well, we can have like 7 NPCs. Each asks to remove or add a certain party member. If you are at a stage of the game where, for instance, you haven't recruited Glenn to your party, asking to add him will have a check (If Storyline < 21 (where 21 is where Glenn is added)) that will determine if he's added.

Right now, I think the problems are:

1. How do you keep more than three people from being added to active party
2. How do you actually generate the player characters once you add them (this would be simple I think; just load em up in one of their arbitraries)
3. How do you prevent the player from removing a player character if he or she is the only one left

~

I think hacking the End of Time screen might be easier. Just make it so Crono doesn't HAVE to be in the party, and so a couple of blank spots are there for rotating people in and out to only have one.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2005, 06:48:23 pm »
Zeality and I talked and here's how it's going to go down

Player walks into Colliseum
---Code to see who is active, for the three characters in the party three corresponding NPC's are loaded up

If player chooses to fight by himself he must go to the room with the NPC and the NPC that corresponds to the player he wants deactivated

Talking to the NPC
--Code displaying option to remove Character
--Code to see if that character is active
--Code to remove that Character from active roster
--Code to have character walk out of room

Concerns remaining many are the same Zeality mentioned
--What happens if you remove the character in the lead of the party? UPDATE:  Ok if you use the "move to reserve party" option for party manipulation then it automatically puts the next person as the lead character.
--Is there a way to check if you are the only character left? (so you don't remove all active players from party

I think to adding characters can probably still be done by hitting Y and adding them the old fashioned way so that shouldn't be a problem.  This solution certainly seems plausible.  It's not the cleanest way to do it, and it's going to put more work on the player than I would like, but I can't think of any other way to do it.

Again if there's a cleaner way to do it don't be shy.

--jp