Author Topic: Colosseum  (Read 7684 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2005, 10:51:24 pm »
I tried using memory Copy, but that doesn't have any of the variants, or the ability to change width.

Do you want me to use Assignment-->Memory to Memory?

I've tried the code out using Memory to Memory and it is still restoring HP for some reason...I'll mess around a bit more with it.

Here's what I have in the mean time

Assign(Mem.7E2605, Mem.7F0240, two)--Variant 49
Equip(Crono, Wood sword)
Assign(Mem.7F0240, Mem.7E2605, two)--Variant 4D

By the way, Is it possible to explain what the different variants mean, for no reason other than I'm curious?

--jp

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2005, 01:48:18 am »
The Event Commands.txt in the Offsets Guide explains the commands.  Variant refers to the hex value of the event command.  I'll see if I can track down why it isn't working.

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2005, 02:41:09 am »
I just thought of an even better solution - completely ignore the equip command.  Instead, you can manually equip the item you want with a memcpy command.

http://www.gscentral.com/codes.pl?dev=par&sys=snes&game=chronotrigger

More memory addresses.  Here you'll see that Crono's weapon address is 7E2629xx  All the other equip slots, character values, and item values are all on that page.

I assume you want the player to keep their original equipped weapon after the battle is over.

Example:

Before battle:

Assignment, Mem-to-mem, variant 48, one byte wide, to copy from 7E2629 to 7F0240 ;copy Crono's current weapon to temp value

Assignment, Value-to-mem, variant 4A, one byte, Value 01 (Crono's sword) Store to 7E2629 ;equip Crono with Wood Sword

After battle:

Assignment, Mem-to-mem, variant 4D, one byte wide, to copy from 7F0240 to 7E2629 ;equip Crono with his original weapon

That way you avoid all the "bonuses" of the equip command  :D

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2005, 02:50:42 am »
I'm going to sound so unthankful but I'm not sure that would work.  The handicaps last thoughout 7 fights and a new room is loaded between these fights, so I would lose the data that I save the sword into.....however, would it be possible to place the item into my inventory after I take it out??  Because that would work and it's basically what I have right now.

--jp

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #139 on: September 06, 2005, 03:18:07 am »
Try it first as-is, I don't think it'll clear your 7F0240 temp value.  I know it definately won't touch the 7E2629 one.

Here's the solution, however:

To add the original item that gets stored to 7F0240 to your inventory, use Category Inventory, Item-from-mem, variant C7, 7F0240 and that'll copy it into your inventory.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #140 on: September 06, 2005, 03:39:52 am »
well.......your not going to believe this but even when using memory commands HP is still recovered after equiping them.

I swear I'm not making this up...ha ha.  I guess this may bring us back to the  Mem.currenthp?

--jp

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #141 on: September 06, 2005, 05:16:54 am »
I confirmed that the Equip command does restore the PC to full HP.  Why they chose to do that, I have no idea.  However, I didn't encounter this with the manual memory copy.  Since I don't know why it's still restoring it in your situation, I had another look at the HP memcpy issue:

Quote from: jsondag2
Here's what I have in the mean time

Assign(Mem.7E2605, Mem.7F0240, two)--Variant 49
Equip(Crono, Wood sword)
Assign(Mem.7F0240, Mem.7E2605, two)--Variant 4D

Well, it turns out this original code is perfect - except for one critical flaw - the memory address (7E2605) being copied back and forth is Crono's MAX possible HP, not his CURRENT HP.  That would certainly explain always having max HP, lol.  The real address for the HP should be 7E2603.  Correct the address in both commands, and that'll (finally) solve the problem.

7E2603 - Crono current HP
7E2653 - Marle current HP
7E26A3 - Lucca current HP
7E26F3 - Robo current HP
7E2743 - Frog current HP
7E2793 - Ayla current HP
7E27E3 - Magus current HP

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2005, 12:21:09 pm »
Hurray hp with the new code is working. I think last night's solution might have worked still, I made a terrible mistake.  When I made the patch to mail to zeality I left it in the same folder as my rom.  So I guess Zsnes was automatically patching it.  I realized this cause whenever I made a change it wasn't showing up.  Sorry and thanks so much I'll add this code to every character's handicap and it should work.

Thanks again, and if you have time can you try out the patch for the coliseum (in thread called Coliseum 2.0) and see if you notice any bugs.

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
armor
« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2005, 03:54:44 pm »
Playing around with Chrono Tweaker and CTEC in an attempt to add a new item.  I can't even come close with adding an accessory but I think I may be close with armor.

I took one of the blank spots and made an item called super armor, and moved it's defense really far up.  I have a NPC who I wanted to give me the armor and......Nothing.  Then I had the NPC auto equip the armor, and it gets equipped with the new name and all but...no change in stats and when I unequip it, it completely dissapears...any ideas?

--jp