Author Topic: Colosseum  (Read 8680 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
V 2.0
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2005, 06:51:36 pm »
I'm going to begin working on V. 2.0.  I would like to have 3 different rooms for the reason stated above.  I think I'll be able to fit it on one screen.   Just want to make sure I'm allowed to place an exit at one point of the location and be moved to another point on the same location.

Also I want my new location to be the same one it'll be for crimson echoes, so I'd like to have a permanant map, since {1cd} could have some problems.  
Your not using any of the future domes right?

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2005, 06:57:50 pm »
Right, since 2300 A.D. doesn't exist in a ruined state anymore.

Geiger

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Geiger's Crypt
Re: V 2.0
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2005, 07:56:01 pm »
Just want to make sure I'm allowed to place an exit at one point of the location and be moved to another point on the same location.

You should be able to do that.  I believe some of the towers in Guardia do just that.

---Michael Springer

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Patches
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2005, 11:12:27 pm »
Howdy all,

I was wondering if you guys would want to play (or just take a look at) what I do have here.  You could  give me some constructive criticism.  The problem is I don't know how to make patches, I assume you don't want me posting the whole rom.  

It's definately nothing amazing, it's clearly made for testing purposes (there's probably a few places still where a textbox appears saying test).  The game can't be played through but I put an exit to spekkio's room on the world map so you can get magic and learn all your techs.

If you guys are interested I'll figure out how to make a patch.

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2005, 11:22:40 pm »
Herograw is acting up at the moment so I'll probably have to upload it to the Compendium's FTP. Anyway, just do this, assuming that your Colosseum rom is unheadered:

1. Download Lunar IPS at http://fusoya.panicus.org/lips/
2. Once its downloaded, hit create patch
3. It'll ask for an original, unmodified rom to use. Use a version of CT that's unheadered but has NO changes made to it whatsoever. Like open up a new copy of the CT ROM in TF to remove the header, and select it.
4. Select the Colosseum rom.
5. Name the patch and it is made.

After that, e-mail it to Zeality@gmail.com and I'll put it on the Compendium FTP. By the way, how do we get to the Colosseum from 1000 A.D., I'm assuming?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
For the testers
« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2005, 11:42:23 pm »
I emailed you (twice didn't press attach first time haha)

Here's problems/instructions

Get to Colliseum
--walk to guardia castle there's invisible houses in the way at points

If you want magic here's what you have to do
--go in the left "random door"
--get marle
--leave fair through regular exit
--go in right random door
--do the spekkio thing
--leave through regular exit

If you want to fight the harder fights
--It's a trigger that looks for "bike keys" (I randomly picked this)
--when you talk to the BP person she gives you a bike key just talk to her 3 times and you'll be able to select your difficulty

Known fixes to be made
--I haven't implemented party/solo fights yet, they both do the same thing
--graphical problems with spekkio and nu fights
--I think it still says test at certain points
(this will get longer)

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2005, 01:12:40 am »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/content/coliseum.ips

What you've done here is great; we'll have plenty of time to make the map really cool looking, as well as totally round out text, character & NPC animations, and everything else. This is unprecedented!

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
thanks
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2005, 01:31:24 am »
Thank you,

It's so miniscule compared to what you guys are doing.  It's going to get alot better, once I'm more free with what enemies to load.  There's still alot to be done.  I thought of a few more things that I should mention

--I know it pauses alot, from what I could tell I HAD to pause between some of my commands (I've spent soooo much time adding pauses or moving the delay in call object functions)
--I forgot to add the cap to BP so if you go over 250 it resets to zero (I know how to fix it, it just slipped my mind.  V 2.0 will cap alot higher anyways)

I also compiled a list of the objects if you guys really want to figure out what's going on

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/jsondag2/shared/objects.txt

18 and up is where it starts getting interesting

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2005, 08:54:28 pm »
Well, anyone else tried it out?

Oswego del Fuego

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/moon/dandymasher/schala.html
Colosseum
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2005, 09:02:07 pm »
Sorry, I haven't yet.  I still have Zeal Battle, the Glenn test patch, and a bunch of stuff to sift through.  I've been pretty focused on getting the Schala sprite done, hence my lack of attention to other modification news.

OdF

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2005, 01:04:08 am »
Update o' the day is.......dum dum dum

Nothing, ha ha.

I spent the day packing up my entire life in preperation of going back to school.  I probably won't begin work again until I'm settled into my new apartment (Monday).  Hopefully by then I'll have some feedback for V 2.0.  

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2005, 12:02:05 am »
As the start of my apartment life begins, so do does the start of Colliseum V 2.0.  To start things off I'll show you the new look...

With the help of Zeality I was able to move all the code from the old place over.  So all the NPC are are in their respective rooms saying their respective lines.

Question time:

1.Does anyone know off hand where the dialogue from the "Developer's ending" is located, I figured the most player friendly dialogue to change would be from there.

2.  Also, does anyone have a NPC animations list, I want to make the crowd cheer in the arena and have someone eat in the kitchen.

3.  Another list, this one for sounds

4.  Here's the tricky one, How would one go about making a sprite always go underneath a certain pallette.  I know there is an option to set either true or false underneath the location tab, however it doesn't seem to actually affect the tiles that get layed down.  When Crono is walking into the arena there is some stairs that are supposed to be "balcony seating"  and it looks wrong cause he walks over the stairs instead of going underneath them.

That about does it for now,  I know I'm going to have questions later when I get to having "party" or "single" fights.

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2005, 12:49:26 am »
1. Should be easy to find; just go to an area like {152} and check the string index. The last 5 digits of a string index can be used to identify the dialogue string index in the Strings editor. For instance, String Index FC8500 in the events might appear as 3C8500 in the editor.

2. Unfortunately no, you'll have to just find NPCs already doing what you're looking for and examine their codes.

3. Chickenlump just added it to the modification encyclopedia at www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Modification

4. Chickenlump should be able to provide tile advice for this.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2005, 03:46:21 pm »
Is there a way to copy a map's tile placement, and move it to another map?

I'm on location {1cd} and I changed Guardia castle, not knowing that it would change the guardia castle on a different location.

So I'm going to make the map for some other place (an inn or something), I don't want to start over if I don't have to.  

Basically I want to take what I drew but have it be a different number map.

--jp

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
Colosseum
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2005, 05:51:57 pm »
2.00 will allow it once it's out.