Author Topic: Good News Bad News  (Read 20291 times)

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
Re: Good News Bad News
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2009, 02:45:31 am »
Never heard of him. I did want to chip in here and say I'm LOVING this video! Would it be possible to see Sorin's custom sprite? Seeing as it's new and not copyright SE and it's not in the game, would that be possible? Or is it gone?

anonymouse

• Porrean (+50)
  • Blown along by the wind...
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2009, 02:48:10 am »
^^ It's posted earlier in this thread.

Thanks for serving up another round of awesome, guys. It just keeps getting better and better...

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Semper Fidelis, Usque Ad Mortem
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2009, 03:19:28 am »
To Mikisho: I did knew about Grobyc = Cyborg, but I didn't get that until my 4th or 5th playthrough CC(Yeah, I know, completely missed that =P)

I've said before and I sure as hell will say it again, this videos are making me crazy! but in a good way n_n

I need more CE goodness! :lee:

Rickets

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2009, 03:26:28 am »
EDIT, ok Mikisho... i'll change some things.

I didn't like what that senior vice president said and how he said it. The whole entire thing just pisses me off, I don't think they deserve to tell us to "buy more."
 :x :x :x

There, some stuff was really uncalled for. sorry. thanks for calling me out. 8)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 03:49:43 am by Rickets »

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2009, 03:31:00 am »
calm down a tad.  Swearing is never needed >_>.  Just take a breath and think about this.  It's a company taking a down a videogame. I mean, yeah everyone was looking forward to it, and you can be mad (I am sure EVERYONE here is a tad mad about the whole situation).  But swearing and calling a man names when he is simply doing his job is not needed.  Again, it's just a game.  But yeah, I'm pissed about CE too...  Just tone it down a tad.

Mr Bekkler

• Bounty Hunter
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2009, 03:55:33 am »
Oh by the way, Sorin (the Porre cyborg) had his own design as said in the video annotations. He was supposed to look like this:

Awesome.

It feel like this game was completely different than Chrono Trigger. You guys changed enough so that it is it's own game. Or was. You get what I'm saying though. It's a good thing. The overall mechanics of the characters' experience is different than CT.
There is no End of Time. No guidance, or regroup point, or guaranteed ending. It was Chronopolis but that gets taken away.
There (seemingly) is no Entity keeping time in order for them to achieve a common goal: kill Lavos.
Instead, it's all about the characters blindly taking it all into their own hands and the chaos that ensues when there's nobody to help fix it for them. And that is a chance for a lot more action and storytelling while taking up less time. That's exactly what fan fiction/games need is fast paced story with OMG parts all over the place. For what it is, it's very close to perfect. And I've only seem what's been shown so far.

Honestly I can't wait till the part where Magus commands to learn Zealian magic (from the latest trailer). I have been waiting to see that since 4th grade when I had finished the game a few times and started to actually think, what if he stayed in Zeal and learned magic there instead of learning it all with Ozzie, Slash and Flea? Would he still end up evil? Would he be as strong or perhaps even moreso?

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2009, 04:42:01 am »
Stupid gamefaqs...  Making me rant....  Well technically it's not gamefaqs, it's the people there...  The one in particular also comes to this board >_>....  I tend to freak out and become a hippocrit when I'm angry <_<....

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2009, 05:09:44 am »
That person would be me. Oh, and by the way, it was you who resorted to name-calling, not me. I don't know why you're so mad at the mere suggestion that JP and Zeality wouldn't be dragged out and shot by Square execs if they decided to leak the beta someday. I've steadfastly maintained that doing so would be their call to make and that if anyone else did such a thing it would be wrong. Yes, I honestly believe they are over-exaggerating the risks. How about you go after the people on GameFAQs who continue to believe the idiocy that the C+D letter was faked instead of coming after me? I've never once insulted any of the creators. How about going after the guy who's advocating that they finish CE and openly release it?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2009, 07:44:32 am »
I can see it being Grobyc's predecessor, but Grobyc was constructed in 994 A.D. Also I hope you guys mention the StrongArm, seeing how Grobyc was going to be used for that... Overall I see this as your way of explaining Porre's takeover. Cyborgs! But, to me it seemed likely to be Grobyc after all it's been 11 years and he was meant for scientific purposes and it seemed in the beginning that Sorin was not really there for murder, he was going to use poison I mean, he kinda just thought it'd be easier. Sounds like him to me. Brothers perhaps, or maybe his best friend?

Grobyc wasn't constructed in 994 A.D.; he was born in 994 A.D. Remember, he's a cyborg (a robotically-enhanced human).

It was Chronopolis but that gets taken away.

Mmh, they've just restored the timeline...

PirateNinja87

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2009, 10:41:28 am »
Wow this news absolutely sucks considering front mission hasnt sold nearly as well as CT

stealthrabbi

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2009, 10:48:36 am »
Chronopolis serves as what End of Time did; it's where your inactive party members are, and Belthasar gives you tips on what you need to do next.

lunar7

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2009, 11:58:56 am »
sorry i couldn't give you more info, but i didn't want to spoil anything.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2009, 02:23:53 pm »
OK sorry everyone had a late night/early morning I just read through a ton of posts I'll try to hit them all:

Someone asked about the omega weapon like boss. He was most definitely a new game+ thing. You didn't really get anything from beating him it was more of a "show off thing. I later on might have done like a  "proof of omega"esque item.

The entity is in the game.....i'm pretty sure that's the running theory on why the entity-gates reopened (C99 can confirm), the entity is also our lame excuse of why you can transfer weapons between reptiteLand chapters :)

I'm slightly worriied people may be expecting something bigger than what Sorin is haha...there's a connection but you may want to tone down the expectations :)

--JP

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2009, 02:26:10 pm »
That person would be me. Oh, and by the way, it was you who resorted to name-calling, not me. I don't know why you're so mad at the mere suggestion that JP and Zeality wouldn't be dragged out and shot by Square execs if they decided to leak the beta someday. I've steadfastly maintained that doing so would be their call to make and that if anyone else did such a thing it would be wrong. Yes, I honestly believe they are over-exaggerating the risks. How about you go after the people on GameFAQs who continue to believe the idiocy that the C+D letter was faked instead of coming after me? I've never once insulted any of the creators. How about going after the guy who's advocating that they finish CE and openly release it?

I know, that's why I called myself a hippocrite >_>.  It was late and I was in a bad mood.  I had no riht to explode on you and I apologise...  But again, I have gotten myself off topic xD.  To get back on Topic, GROBYC IS THE COOLEST CHARACTER EVER!!!  I WILL NEVER LOWER MY EXPECTATIONS FOR HIM xD Mmkay, carry on with your conversation.

Burzy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2009, 03:38:37 pm »
"SE? What is SE? A miserable little pile of ****! But enough talk, have at you a nice bunch of footage!"

Perhaps I missed the post saying so, but this line is directly from my fave side-scroller of all time: Castlevania:Symphony of the Night"

Richter Belmont: "Man ill-needs a saviour such as you!!"

Dracula: "What is a man?! But a Miserable little pile of secrets!!! But enough Talk!! Have at you!"