Author Topic: Good News Bad News  (Read 19844 times)

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Good News Bad News
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2009, 11:23:06 pm »
Well they're both cyborgs from the Porre army. Other than that...you'll see in later chapters.

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
  • The Future Refused to Change. We Said Screw You.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2009, 11:31:11 pm »
grrrr....  You guys and your secretive nature....  Also, I like your new Avatar ;)

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2009, 11:31:56 pm »
Yeah, I thought about Grobyc too, which is why Sorin's name confused me...I'll have to really watch the CEMemorial vids to see if there really is a connection between who else it seems like Sorin could have a connection to because of that...

lunar7

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2009, 11:52:54 pm »
stealthrabbi - end of time

edit: I should add a little more seeing as I'm new here.

I think this is without a doubt, the greatest fan mod ever created. The developers deserve to become legends after all this work.

It's inspiring enough to want to do a japanese translation of it, or even a sequel to it, but I suppose it's best to wait and see how things turn out.

I hope at least we can focus on celebrating all the epic moments as we go through the game in the videos, in the meantime.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 11:56:01 pm by lunar7 »

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2009, 12:02:46 am »
They already did make a sequel to it.  It's called CHrono Cross xD

ONSLAUGHT

• Springtime of Youth
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Crono + Panda = WTF Run!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2009, 12:03:50 am »
Haven't said anything yet so getting off my chest.

Want better sales? Give it more attention. Better yet, at this rate, sell the franchise to another company that does things good and is actually willing to give even old stuff a chance. My only guess is they were trying to pull a Megaman 9 here. Problem with that is Megaman 9 actually bothered to make an entirely new game while as this... didn't have any differences. They added the story elements! Totaled up to about 10 extra minutes of gameplay...hooray? :fuk

I don't know about the rest of you, but if they want the sales so bad I'm doing what I was considering doing when it first came out(and honestly had the money to do)to go in and buy a bunch of copies(I was prepared to buy every copy they had if I could). Sell em cheap to my friends then maybe that'll not only get them to have their precious sales but also increase the number of fans, increase the number of people telling them "YOU'RE MAKING IT WRONG" and up the chances of good Chrono games.

And I consider Cross a continuation moreso than a sequel.

LinkSlySora

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2009, 12:07:54 am »
Man these videos are awesome. I am still at the "solo" part of the videos, trying to watch them in small splurts since they came up, don't want it to end too quickly. The game looks hard too, imagine starting at low levels? I can only wonder what will come next. The story has pleasantly surprised me, it is even better than I thought it would be. And plus, still only 2% away from being even better :D. Congratulations and thank you for those who worked on this project.

I really wish SE would have responded. I mean, they threaten to sue you for a large sum of money, then they hardly respond back. I'm starting to wonder what would happen if the game were to be released, would SE even notice?

ZealKnight

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Loyal Knight of the Kingdom of Zeal
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2009, 12:15:20 am »
I wonder If Robo had anything to do with this guy being made? Do you guys touch on that at all? If so I can see it being Grobyc's predecessor, but Grobyc was constructed in 994 A.D. Also I hope you guys mention the StrongArm, seeing how Grobyc was going to be used for that... Overall I see this as your way of explaining Porre's takeover. Cyborgs! But, to me it seemed likely to be Grobyc after all it's been 11 years and he was meant for scientific purposes and it seemed in the beginning that Sorin was not really there for murder, he was going to use poison I mean, he kinda just thought it'd be easier. Sounds like him to me. Brothers perhaps, or maybe his best friend? Can I ask his tragic back story or have I once again asked too much?

*EDIT*
Ok. Hahahaha. JK!
V
V
V
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 12:28:52 am by ZealKnight »

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2009, 12:24:26 am »
HOLY CRAP!!!  I am an idiot -.-

I just realised Grobyc is Cyborg spelt backwards XD feel free to laugh at me xD

utunnels

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2009, 12:29:15 am »

You are not the only one. :lol:

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2009, 12:36:32 am »
Yeah, it also took me some time to realize that, so no laughs from me.

IAmSerge

• Temporal Warrior (+900)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2009, 12:37:59 am »

You are not the only one. :lol:
actually, I give you credit for enlightening me to this.

lunar7

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2009, 12:40:05 am »
maybe we'll just snicker a little then ;)

seriously though, i stopped playing chrono cross about halfway through recently (admittedly, it is my 2nd if not 3rd time through, but still), and after seeing how CE introduces elements of the CC story (bad pun, i know), it actually makes me want to finish the game again. this all to say, CE actually strengthens the CC plot by making it less of a wild tangent off of the original CT storyline, and instead more of a legitimate "aftermath".

so what i meant to say i guess, is by the relative strength of all three storylines supporting each other (four if you count radical dreamers), then there is room for another sequel for sure, it's just that it would be easiest to do one directly following the events of CE, perhaps in a way that further bridges the gap between CT and CC.

all this to say that CE is not just good, it's inspiring ;D

Mikisho

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2009, 12:43:00 am »
Yay, I don't feel so stupid anymore xD.  god, I just stray all these topics off the topic tracks xD.  One of these days V is gonna castrate me.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2009, 12:55:21 am »
Yeah, I thought the Grobyc->Cyborg thing was fairly common knowledge now and was what I was referencing in my last post about Sorin's name (which is Noris backwards, which brought to mind Norris from CC, though perhaps it was a coincidence...gonna have to watch more to find out, I guess)...

And, Mikisho, idk where you get that...Most topics, even Analysis (if not especially), usually wind down different roads over time...As long as it's a natural progression, you shouldn't have to worry about anyone modding your posts (oh, and they should be GOOD, non-SDD-like posts as well ;)).