Author Topic: CHRONOTORIOUS Interview with Mustin and the Bad Dudes  (Read 2458 times)

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
Re: CHRONOTORIOUS Interview with Mustin and the Bad Dudes
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 07:47:08 pm »
Awesome! Thanks for all the questions and an all around fantastic interview ZeaLitY. I'm just blown away by how easy it really is to license music. So you can just jump online and do it, no ninja hanky panky. And here I was thinking Mustin had to break into Square Enix offices at night and spray-paint BAD DUDES inside the cubicle of their licensing and management director.

CHRONOTORIOUS is a real treat if you're into certain types of music. The only way I can describe it for the most part is "jazzy," and that's a great thing for me -- well worth a purchase. The Frog remix is a standout because it's more of a death metal kinda track, with the author shouting "RIBBIT" to great surreal effect; it has to be experienced to be believed. The Tyrano Castle remix is kind of authentically "jungly," which is awesome.

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 08:12:43 pm »
Is it possible to download this online instead? And I don't mean illegally, just with a paid service? I tend not to listen to music very much, and I especially don't collect CDs.

It's funny. A friend of mine on LJ is married to someone who used to play for the One Ups. She's friends with Mustin and always talks about him on LJ. It's a small world.

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 08:30:15 pm »
From what I understand it'll be available on Amazon and iTunes, but with five tracks from the full album removed.

Corpse69

• Porrean (+50)
  • Without a fight no one lives on
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 01:26:13 am »
i went ahead and ordered the CD i cant wait XD i loved the dethfrog track i saw it you youtube

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 05:59:58 am »
Nice interview, Zeality.

I've been accused of only coming on here anymore to pimp stuff that OneUp Studios does, so that's why I haven't come here to say this before, but now that there's this big interview and all, I feel I can safely say...Everyone, get this while it lasts. The album is fantastic. FaustWolf is correct: When the album hits iTunes, Amazon, et al, five tracks will be removed. Actually, probably six tracks, because I don't think the bonus track will be included either. And no matter which 10 tracks remain, you'll be missing out on at least a couple of great tunes. Mustin has said that fewer than 500 copies of the physical album, and therefore of the complete collection of songs, are left. I highly recommend any Chrono Trigger music fans to pick this up.

It's funny. A friend of mine on LJ is married to someone who used to play for the One Ups. She's friends with Mustin and always talks about him on LJ. It's a small world.

That is funny. I'm also LJ (and IRL) friends with Kassi (though I've been inactive on LJ for months now, only rarely updating or glancing at my f-list). But I got to know her through our mutual involvement at OUS, and it sounds like you just found her more or less by chance.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 01:53:39 pm »
Anything that gets Ybrik to post is thumbs up by me! In celebration even, here's a lil random Google'd FF cosplay ('FF thumbs up' to be exact)...

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 02:44:22 am »
Ah, I'd been looking forward to this interview. Thanks, all!

ZaichikArky

• Mystical Knight (+700)
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 12:42:38 pm »

That is funny. I'm also LJ (and IRL) friends with Kassi (though I've been inactive on LJ for months now, only rarely updating or glancing at my f-list). But I got to know her through our mutual involvement at OUS, and it sounds like you just found her more or less by chance.
[/quote]

Kind of. She's more of an acquaintence. I actually met her from this LJ writing competition that she was really good at. She friended me because she throught I was from Arkansas XD. So I guess I did meet her by chance. I'm actually always interested in what she writes about : ).

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 12:36:49 pm »
Kind of. She's more of an acquaintence. I actually met her from this LJ writing competition that she was really good at. She friended me because she throught I was from Arkansas XD. So I guess I did meet her by chance. I'm actually always interested in what she writes about : ).

She had some really good entries in that contest.