Author Topic: Did crono die when porre attacked  (Read 32370 times)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Did crono die when porre attacked
« Reply #270 on: December 12, 2005, 06:23:25 pm »
But there's no evidence PROVING it either. Tata was such a minor character that we never see him again after his five minutes of fame. He was just a plot device to add one more destination to your quest.

In this case, I'd rather settle for Dalton. Atleast he fell into a Gate of disputable nature.

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 13, 2005, 12:34:25 am »
As an addition, since the dimensions all end up merging (according to the end of CC as I understand it); since they're most likely alive in the other dimension (and unless the merging of the dimensions killed EVERYONE from the other dimensions) then they would be alive in the resulting dimension anyway.

This is a point from Chrono Cross that I have always found confusing.  There are times I wonder if Kato purposely left the ending this way so that it would be left up to the player to decide what really happened for himself.  One thing that should be taken into consideration is when the time split happened in relation to Lynx's activities on the Zenan mainland.  Although the topic is about Crono and Marle and their state of life after Porre overthrew Guardia, one thing that also needs to be taken into consideration is Lynx's role with Porre as well.  That could lead to some insight as to what happens after the dimensions are re-merged.  

Well, the sword may have been corrupted for a long time. It may have just been that enough negative energy and a dark possessed soul did not enter it ever before. The main things that probably stopped Frog from going wild was his oath to restore honor. But his whole situation seems like revenge, so the sword obviousally channeled that energy.

I dunno if it was Crono, any possibility is open, but whoever did it should be outside of time.

You'll have to define "long time".   What discredits the whole idea that the Masamune was tainted during Chrono Trigger is that:
1) Crono, Marle, Lucca, and Robo had it in their possession before Frog ever claimed ownership of it.
2) Cyrus briefly possessed it.  Furthermore, quotes from Frog's flashback indicate that Cyrus was sane while he used the Masamune.  
3) Masa and Mune were conscious within the sword in Chrono Trigger, that is certain.  It is not so certain in Chrono Cross due to these quotes from after you "free" the Masamune:

Radius:
   I no longer sense the slightest
   bit of malice from the Masamune.
   There is no more fear of
   succumbing to its enmity.

Mune:
   Huaaah...
   You awake, Masa?

Masa:
   Yeah...
   But looking back...
   I think we've done
   something terrible.

Mune:
   Heh heh...
   No one will know if
   we don't tell.

Doreen:
   HEY!
   What were you
   two up to!?

Masa:
   Yikes!
   It's Doreen!

Mune:
   N-Nothing!
   We don't remember a thing!

Doreen:
   Hmmm, I see...
   Well, just to make sure
   you're not up to any mischief...
   I'm coming along.

In Crono Cross Masa and Mune may have been lying dormant within the sword, and it is implied that they had no control over what happened to the sword.  This is very different from Chrono Trigger, where they were conscious within the sword.  

I do agree, however, that who or what tainted the Masamune could have been from outside of time.  The question of who or what can't really be answered, and hopefully the next game in the series will answer it.

If people wish to speculate based on known information, it should be taken into consideration that the Masamune did disappear during 1005 A.D.  From there, it was moved to El Nido.  Based on known information, there are few possible candidates, if any, that could have tainted the sword or caused its disappearance.  Furthermore, in 1005 A.D. the sword was still considered legendary, not infamous or demonic.  Lynx did not exist yet, nor did the time split.  The FATE computer, then, really had no reason to intervent on the mainland as of yet.  It also appears unlikely that Magus would have been the one who tainted the Masamune.  His life aim was always to exact revenge upon Lavos, and after that was completed, his only care was to find Schala (or was so implied).  Furthermore, Lucca's letter discredits any other speculation of Magus' tainting of the Masamune, as she wrote that letter after the sword disappeared.

Dissonance

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 14, 2005, 07:21:33 pm »
Quote from: YbrikMetaknight
A thought, though...I wonder if Lucca saw that Guardia had fallen when she went to get Doan?  I mean, surely...

Two possibilities comes from this...

One, Lucca is hiding something for some reason.  Considering we don't know much about what happened after CT (save for the flaming orphanage incident and Kid, and even then a lot of that is second hand) this could present a whole new story.

Two, there was another time traveller that influenced Porre's military descision, hence making two MORE dimensions - The one Lucca visited on her trip to get Doan, where Guardia was still around and influential, and one where it wasn't.  Again, a whole new story.   :wink:

Quote from: Chrono'99
It's crazy but I say that because Lucca used to trade machines with Porre (there's a receipt in the orphanage) and the Porrean girl Luccia is her friend. So the situation was probably more complicated than just kind Guardia vs. evil Porre.

Of course, Luccia could BE Lucca.  The similarities are there, and the age would be right.  Lucca is doing undercover work in Porre in an attempt at revenge.   :D

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2005, 04:15:31 pm »
Quote from: Dissonance
Of course, Luccia could BE Lucca.  The similarities are there, and the age would be right.  Lucca is doing undercover work in Porre in an attempt at revenge.   :D

Except thwe whole thing where she worked with Lucca.

Dissonance

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2005, 06:08:39 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
Except thwe whole thing where she worked with Lucca.

Is there anybody who says this other than Luccia?  Again, all a part of the conspiracy.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 15, 2005, 06:59:57 pm »
and how Luccia and Lucca have NOTHING in common except their genius? For which Lucca is STILL smarter?

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #276 on: December 19, 2005, 04:02:04 pm »
Quote from: AuraTwilight
and how Luccia and Lucca have NOTHING in common except their genius? For which Lucca is STILL smarter?

Exactly, Lucca was tearing the scientific community a new one before Luccia even knew what a screwdriver is.

DoomSickle

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Insane and happily so
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 20, 2005, 05:58:30 pm »
Quote from: Eggith Cyrene
What i dont get is How could crono be killed? HE was the strongest person on the planet for Yoda's sake! He destroyed lavos. I dont understand how he could lose in a duel (assuming that shadow was him in the PSX ending)

I personally dont think he was killed but im still wondering how the hell Guardia Fell. Crono NAturally wouldent let that happen. And i would love to know how porre raised the greatest army ever known in order to conquer guardia (then theres the whole thing of motive for doing so)

The whole Situration is very frustrating.

Pardon me, but I'm going to quote a movie here:
"The mightiest man may be slain by a single arrow..." I don't care how strong Crono may have been at the fall of Gaurdia; he couldn't have possibly stood up to an entire army. He may have been poisoned, for all we know. Lucca is dead without doubt, and Marle would have likely been killed, as she was the princess. There is little doubt in my mind that Crono is dead, possibly a martyr, but you all may think differently. Also, it was said somewhere that a discovery was made in El Nido, most likely the Elements, which would have given Porre the upper hand. In my opinion, the only person who has the slimmest chance of being alive out of the original seven would have to be Magus, if he did indeed remain in 1000 AD, as many of us would hope. And actually, Guile was originally intended to be Magus, but the design was abandoned. Hence, the floaty-thingy and the magic.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #278 on: December 20, 2005, 06:13:42 pm »
*sigh* This is getting annoying...

CT stands out from other RPGs by keeping a good relationship between storyline happenings and gameplay mechanics. At least, a better relationship than most stereotypical RPGs. He's poisoned? Antidote. If the whole army is full of soldiers like the typical Porre army members in CC, he'd have no problem killing any of them in one hit with the Rainbow, let alone Luminaire. Crono is ridiculously powerful. All of them are.

And where do you get the idea Magus stayed in 1000 AD? Did you not see him walk through the portal?

God, I'm so tired of Magus fanboyism...

I'm about to get beat by V_T, I know it.

DoomSickle

• Earthbound (+15)
  • Insane and happily so
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 20, 2005, 07:28:28 pm »
Magil was alive, wasn't he? I've never played RD personally, so I may be missing something there, but I've seen enough of it to know the basics of what happened. And Crono, nothing against him, but in fairness, could Lucca also have used Flare or Mega Bomb to save herself? It doesn't matter how much power you have. If you get run through with a sword or take a bullet to the chest, you will die. Also, if (and I'm perfectly aware that this is entirely speculation) Marle was already killed, that might have been a bit of a distraction for our red-haired hero, PARTICULARLY if she was slain right in front of him. It would be the perfect opening for a soldier to blow a hole in his chest. If I sound a bit insensitive, I apologize, but I find it highly unlikely that Crono survived for long after the downfall of Guardia, even if he and Marle escaped the original attack.
What can be assumed happened to each character:
Crono-- Possibly dead
Marle-- Most likely dead
Lucca-- Proven to be dead
Robo-- [EDIT: HAS NOT BEEN CREATED YET]
Frog-- Almost certainly dead; he's not a friggin' immortal
Ayla-- Impossible for her to be alive after 65 million years
Magus-- He's the only one we have no clues as to his whereabouts. I wasn't getting at fanboyism, just stating the facts. I was just noticing the fact that he showed up in RD.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 20, 2005, 09:31:12 pm »
Robo exists because of the timecrash, because he is the prometheus circuit.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #281 on: December 21, 2005, 12:15:30 am »
Quote from: DoomSickle
Crono-- Possibly dead
Marle-- Most likely dead
Lucca-- Proven to be dead
Robo-- [EDIT: HAS NOT BEEN CREATED YET]
Frog-- Almost certainly dead; he's not a friggin' immortal
Ayla-- Impossible for her to be alive after 65 million years
Magus-- He's the only one we have no clues as to his whereabouts. I wasn't getting at fanboyism, just stating the facts. I was just noticing the fact that he showed up in RD.

First off, I'm assuming you're referring to the year 1020 AD.

As such, Crono and Marle have completely indeterminable fates.

Lucca was not proven dead, only captured at worst.

Robo...well yeah, after leaving the Shrine, wasn't actually created for a long time, and Frog and Ayla are indeed gone by then.

Magus...it's true, we have no idea. Yes he was Magil in RD, but I've been through my opinion of RD many times before, heh. I personally don't think Magus is strong enough to create gates through time. Sure, he was able to somehow summon Lavos from his PD, but that doesn't mean he created a gate.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 21, 2005, 03:35:04 am »
Well, creating a gate and stopping time is a different thing all together. The Time Egg actually stops time to move things to it. Like the thing with the flowing river analogy. The Time Egg temporarily freezes the river, giving people a way to go back to a point in time which would otherwise be inaccessible.

Creating a gate is a different thing, I guess. The Summoning technique could have been modified a bit to give Magus the power to move around. Surely, he had gotten stronger after the whole event. And by him knowing all these monsters, myths and lore surely proves that he's been around to different places to gain that insight.

So basically, he either found gates to go through. Or would it be possible that he could have tried to summon something from the future, and use it as a catalyst to go to that time? Because if you summon an item from another time, then shouldn't it be like the Lavos/FF effect? And if the theory holds that Chronopolis is actually in the future, then if Magus tried to summon an area (like that pentagram thing) from the future, then if he stepped out of it, wouldn't he be where it came from, but in turn, the pentagram would also be in the past? Meh, I dunno what I'm saying >.<

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 21, 2005, 02:33:26 pm »
List based on evidence and proof:

Crono- MIA, no evidence at all of what happend to him.  Implied to be alive (see Lucca's letter, and Crono>j00).
Marle- MIA, no evidence at all of what happend to her.  Implied to be alive in Lucca's letter.
Lucca- Proven Kidnapped, claimed dead.  Death is unproven, no body is discovered, and death is only claimed by a villian.
Robo- Promethius Circut eventually dies.  Whether that is Robo, or a copy of Robo's data or not, is not certain.
Frog- Would eventually die of old age.
Ayla- Same as Frog.
Magus- MIA, said to be searching for Schala.

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/nathan98023
Re: Did crono die when porre attacked
« Reply #284 on: December 07, 2006, 05:34:42 am »
/!\ SPOILER /!\

In Radical Dreamers, Crono is dead, but we don't know how and why.
Kid wants to find the Frozen Flame because Lucca wanted to put it on a "childhood friend"'s tomb...
mmh I don't know how did Lucca knew about the Flame existence, but I think she wanted to use it to ressurect (once again) Crono.

Just Wanted to point out that Radical Dreamers does not take place in the same dimension as Chrono Trigger or Home World CC or even when CC unites the two different worlds. Cause in the easter egg in CC in Chronoplis it shows the beginning of Radical Dreamers to show that Fate controls all Dimensions not just Another World ...

So it is very possible that in that Crono is alive and well....