Author Topic: Did crono die when porre attacked  (Read 32170 times)

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Did crono die when porre attacked
« Reply #300 on: June 10, 2007, 02:30:43 pm »
Well, if he spoke in a negative way, and Crono and co. didn't do anything during the game, either they are dead or seriously injured, no?

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
  • Our will is the key to our dreams.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 17, 2007, 02:28:05 pm »
I'm just gooing out on a limb here but what if the ending where Crono was never brought back to life was the real ending. Yes there's that drawing of him by some kid at Lucca's house in Chrono Cross, but the kid could have seen a picture of Crono and herd about him from other people. Also I say this because although I'm not sure I beleive Lucca had some sort of Journal entry saying somthing about the time egg she was creating was to be used to bring back a dear friend. If someone can please verify this for me.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 17, 2007, 02:42:45 pm »
The issue there is that Masato Kato influenced the PSX cut scenes and specifically depicted Crono and Marle's marriage. It is possible that Crono is dead in Radical Dreamers.

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2007, 10:24:26 am »
The issue there is that Masato Kato influenced the PSX cut scenes and specifically depicted Crono and Marle's marriage. It is possible that Crono is dead in Radical Dreamers.
You're not getting what I am saying, and that is that that ending is not the one that Radicle Dreamers, and Cross follow but the ending where you fight lavos w/o reviving Crono. and that cut scene is for beyond time ending olny(the one where you resurected Crono) the fact is with two endings that could be the real one it is hard to tell if Crono is alive and hiding, killed after beating Lavos, or never seen life again after ocean palace.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2007, 02:24:05 pm »
Masato Kato produced Crono's marriage as the official resolution to the plot, just as he had the Fall of Guardia cut scene created. He did this while making Chrono Cross, so there is little doubt that he intended it to be this way. No animation was made for a Crono-dies situation.

Kyronea

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 20, 2007, 02:56:22 pm »
Don't forget, also, that the Beyond Time ending--the ending where Crono lives and gets married and all that--is number one in the endings list on the PSX version, suggesting it is intended to take precedent over all others.

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 20, 2007, 04:21:04 pm »
That is knowledge to all, and the second ending is where Crono is dead. but the order sugests the path the player takes to get to the endings, or the difficulty of achiving the ending. The point is the choice of CT ending 1, or 2 being the path CC takes is not of our knowledge because of they don't specify in the game nor dose Kato in any interview to my knowledge. so go ahead think ending 1 is the right path to CC but I can't see Crono loosing to any Porre troops, take this into thought the letter to Kid from Lucca has all that doubt about what they did because she lost her best friend and he would still be alive if they did not change the future. And Marle problably queen of Guardia by now is still Greeving at the loss of Crono because she loved him and feels guilty of his death because he sacrificed himself to save them the first time they encountered Lavos. and that they had a chance to ressurect him, but they did not, so she stoped eating, problably got ill and Guardia lost some of its power and could not concentrate on the war. How would you feel if  you had the chance to prevent a lo ved one from cirtain death(not by old age, by heart attack, murder,ect.) and nelglected to do so so you lost that chance, I bet you would feel like you were lower than dirt(if you have a...well what that kricket is to that puppet-boy (forgot the word and the puppet's name)) and go into a depressional state of mind (explaining the mood of Luccas letter as well as my thought on how Crono's death aflicted Marle's welfare).

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 20, 2007, 04:30:36 pm »
I will olny back down on this argument when Kato 'offically' states that the Beyond time ending is the one that CC takes place after. but I also will say that you may be right but unless he stats it we will never know. CT's 2 endings has the very similar concept to the Home world, and Another world, they contain the same people but differences are seen in the worlds ex. Serge survived, Serge died. while the same thing could be said about Crono in the 2 endings.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 22, 2007, 02:30:04 pm »
I will olny back down on this argument when Kato 'offically' states that the Beyond time ending is the one that CC takes place after. but I also will say that you may be right but unless he stats it we will never know. CT's 2 endings has the very similar concept to the Home world, and Another world, they contain the same people but differences are seen in the worlds ex. Serge survived, Serge died. while the same thing could be said about Crono in the 2 endings.

Kato already "offically" implied this. He said that Crono and Marle got involved into some kind of incident related to the 1,005 A.D. Fall of Guardia. If Crono had not been resurrected before this event, Kato would have spoken about just Marle, not both of them.

Chrono Master

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 23, 2007, 12:54:03 pm »
I'll Back down now, but with that said I need the third installment of the Chrono series (if there ever is going to be one) to cover what happened to Guardia in full detrail and how its getting back on its feet.

accarrotate

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 25, 2007, 12:51:25 pm »
It seems clear to me, that the missing link of the CC story has to be Chrono.  Something has to account for chrono's absence, we all know he'd be there, kicking ass if he could. There's alot going on with the frozen flame that's unclear, then there's the trouble with reconciling a hero in this world(Serge) that isn't Chrono to begin with.  Both are silent, ambiguous characters, so as a player it's unfair to leave us with nothing to distinguish the two (serge and chrono) from each other. 

I say missing link, because it's blatantly obvious that Square ultimately did not put 100 percent effort in the sequel.  The scope, and feel of CT is so much bigger than CC, with it's small map, and repetitive areas.  You can try to explain this discrepancy with the plot device of Fate, sure... but it's still cheating us from the rest of the game.  No surprises really though, we all had a hunch when we bought it and noticed two cd's... when final fantasy programming was taking up 3 and 4 discs a game.  Even when you account for FMV, there's still so much game missing. Another disc or 2 would take us out of the ridiculously small island, to go see Guardia, etc.  And heaven forbid they let us do any time traveling in a Chrono game... 

So yeah, it's frutstrating, and we're all left guessing as to what was missing amidst ridiculous claims by the game designers that their wasn't much missing at all. My guess is that Serge's existence was some sort of contradiction to Chrono's existence, them both not being able to exist at same time, in same world, dimensions, etc. Maybe they're the same person, maybe not.. doesn't matter.  I won't guess as to the specifics, because Square likes to make those as confusing as possible, but it would go something to the effect of....

frozen flame, blah blah, serge born blah, blah, 5 horribly confusing cutscene's blah blah... and then you say "WOW, that's why they called him the assassin of time."  I can't think of any other explanation that would reconcile the strong characters of both games.

Also, I like this because it's a play on words.... assassin of 'time', or otherwise translated as assassin of 'chrono.' 

jono

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 25, 2007, 11:44:32 pm »
I say missing link, because it's blatantly obvious that Square ultimately did not put 100 percent effort in the sequel.  The scope, and feel of CT is so much bigger than CC, with it's small map, and repetitive areas.

I'm not sure that I agree, I feel that chrono cross is exactly the way it was supposed to be. The scope and feel of CT was always going to be bigger because it deals with the entire world over a period of tens of millions of years. CC deals with a purposely isolated corner of the world that is the side effect of CT's adventure, the characters have little contact with the outside world and so thats the way the world is presented.

No surprises really though, we all had a hunch when we bought it and noticed two cd's... when final fantasy programming was taking up 3 and 4 discs a game.  Even when you account for FMV, there's still so much game missing. Another disc or 2 would take us out of the ridiculously small island, to go see Guardia, etc.  And heaven forbid they let us do any time traveling in a Chrono game...

The story has much to do with time travel and it's effects, it allows CT to be better understood and expands the chrono universe and history by a fantastic amount. I'm not sure if estimating the content that a game offers by the number of disks it is shipped on is all that reliable either.

I do agree that I would love to see Chrono Break though :)

accarrotate

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 26, 2007, 10:30:04 am »
i didn't stress this point enough maybe... but you're just falling for a plot device.  while what you say is true, that the game is the way it was supposed to be, that doesn't mean it couldn't have been different.  the scenario designer, and writers, at one point decided to make the game this way. i.e. with an alternate dimension that involves minimal programming because you can just lay over on the same code. 

BUT, this isn't a rl account of things, and it's not some story discovered in a pharoah's tomb.  This is an arbitray, aesthetic work of fiction.  And you have to objectively realize that had the plot been written differently, or even expanded upon further, we WOULD have more game to play, that's less confusing, and IS a better game. 

'each country gets the government it deserves.'

In short, just because somebody makes a sequel to chrono trigger about something equally as arbitrary... say making toast; that does not mean that this quest to obtain the toaster is some sort of penultimate sequel worthy of the name, just because the game developers tell you so.  Even if perhaps, you think that the bit about the butter really sounds fascinating.  Bad or good, it's not predestined art writ in stone... it's still just a story. 

jono

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 26, 2007, 08:58:48 pm »
Hmm, we may have to agree to disagree. I had reealised your point from the previous post however I believe Kato would most likely have had a basic outline of the series written down that would guide him in structuring any new game in the series (to keep the overall themes and plot lines consistant).

It is true that it is his choice which parts of the overall story he uses for a particular installment in the series, but these parts are still pre-thought out. I'm pretty sure that content of CC would have been considered long before the actual game was ever approved for development (Radical Dreamers).

Following the same lines, Kato probably has to a large degree thought out the content of Chrono Break. It would need fleshing out but thats his job for if the game was ever approved. The basic story and content are probably already decided just the gameplay elements would have to be fitted to the story.