Author Topic: Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 7; Alpha Leakers Banned  (Read 23564 times)

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Alpha Leakers Banned
« Reply #90 on: June 07, 2009, 04:03:34 pm »
It's already been suggested a million times. Even if the creators were planning a leak, they'd never, ever, EVER say they were doing so on here, and of course they'd always vehemently deny it.

No one knows for sure. If the creators decide to somehow leak it and we see it pop up on some torrent site some day, we'll all need to do our part and help the creators deny that they did so.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2009, 04:34:43 pm »
I have a question, regarding the fact of SE sue-ing the compendium over the alpha. If nothing happens  a couple months down the line, who's to say the the uh "Alpha" got leaked {again} *wink wink*

Im not sayin to do anything , but it's a suggestion.

This made me laugh. Thanks for an entertaining start to the day.
Seriously though, why do people keep asking for a leak? It's never going to happen. The risk is too great.

I still haven't actually watched the videos yet, but EDIII was one of my favourite chapters during beta testing. Such wonderful dialogue!

Lenophis

• Crimson Echoes Beta Squad
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2009, 05:03:58 pm »
Seriously though, why do people keep asking for a leak?
Because it's stupid, and stupid, for whatever reason, seems to be contagious.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2009, 05:07:20 pm »
People: a leak is a horrible idea.  I know you want to play Crimson Echoes - I do, too - but honestly.  Just go to YouTube, enjoy the video walkthrough / playthrough, and leave it be.  It seems like all the people who care about the leak are people who just recently registered.  We're glad you did, but please, please understand that a leak is a horrible idea for ZeaLity, Agent 12, and others involved with Crimson Echoes' development.

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2009, 05:10:01 pm »
*shrug* Nobody thought the alpha would get leaked either, but here we are with five less members and a whole lot of pissed off creators and forumgoers.

I'm not holding my breath, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up someday.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2009, 05:11:06 pm »
Just asking but, what if instead of a leak using a torrent, the beta is sent instead through email? Will it be safer, or would there is still risk of someone reporting the act?

I know it won't happen despite the answer, but I'm curious about it.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2009, 05:13:34 pm »
I don't want to speak for the "upper management", but that would still be leaking the beta.  NO ONE SHOULD HAVE A COPY OF THE BETA.  The beta testers were told to destroy it, and if they haven't, then they risk themselves getting banned.  That means sending to one person through e-mail is a violation of ZeaLity and Agent12's wishes, and could (and should) lead to a permanent ban.  So to answer your question, Acacia Sgt, that would still be a bad idea with a potential ban attached to it.

Zephira

• Bounty Hunter
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • You're not afraid of the dark, are you?...Are you?
    • View Profile
    • My deviantArt page
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2009, 05:13:58 pm »
Emailing it is also a bad idea. Handing it off to anyone without permission, through any means at all, is considered a leak and should still be reported immediately.

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2009, 05:14:05 pm »
They would never, ever send it to anyone straight up, because that person would probably leak it.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2009, 05:15:14 pm »
I REPEAT: ALL COPIES OF CRIMSON ECHOES SHOULD BE DESTROYED AT THIS POINT.  If you have a copy you are a violator and potentially put yourself at risk.

Acacia Sgt

• Guru of Reason
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Forever loyal to the Acacia Dragoons
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 07, 2009, 05:17:53 pm »
I see.

Well, it answers my doubt: No way is safe and good.

chrono eric

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 07, 2009, 05:35:49 pm »
Man, I haven't been getting on here enough recently due to all the crap happening in my life and I just noticed this. Bummer about teaflower and justin - I have no idea who the hell the others were though. But, they got what was coming to them. Not only did they do something hugely unethical with no thought whatsoever to the personal lives of Zeality and everyone - but they did it so brazenly as almost to make sure that they would get caught.

But since I missed so much of the drama, why did Dark Serge get banned as well? It seems like he wasn't banned for the leak from what I gather, and last I checked it wasn't a Compendium sin to be a major dick to anyone who doesn't like Cross...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 05:56:08 pm by chrono eric »

Yourgingerestfan

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • im ginger ....your ginger ....were all ginger !
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 07, 2009, 05:52:11 pm »
Some Advice - Watch the videos .
The commentary is awesome , it lets us see how the creators felt and they sorta help explain lots of things , it also gets you to be part of the action . I know the videos isn't the best and that everyone wants to play .

But the videos are better than nothing :)

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 07, 2009, 06:16:46 pm »
Sis. You're always so serious. It was a simple mistake.

Anyways, can you TRULY say a full leak is completely impossible? We've already seen that some long time members can be unreliable. What if one of them gets drunk? >_>

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 07, 2009, 06:48:11 pm »
Quote from: chrono eric
But since I missed so much of the drama, why did Dark Serge get banned as well? It seems like he wasn't banned for the leak from what I gather, and last I checked it wasn't a Compendium sin to be a major dick to anyone who doesn't like Cross...
Very true. However, it is most definitely a sin to send a letter of defamation to Square Enix for the express purpose of killing the dreams of fellow fans. Even if he just claimed to have done it for kicks, the attention grab was ludicrous enough to justify banning. It's in the second half of Agent 12's frontpage news post there, since it was better to place emphasis on the good than the bad.