Author Topic: Month That Could Have Been -- Chapter 7; Alpha Leakers Banned  (Read 23569 times)

tushantin

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • Under Your Moonlight, Stealing Your Stars
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Re: Alpha Leakers Banned
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2009, 04:14:32 pm »
*slaps his own forehead* No matter how hard we try the reputation of Chrono just keeps falling...

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2009, 04:21:38 pm »
Hope isn't lost. Perhaps for this particular franchise. The best screw-you to Square-heads is make something just as good or better.

If that doesn't work... well, you don't want to hear me rant about it.... again.

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2009, 04:41:49 pm »
PSZ, you're being the biggest bitch over all of this. You don't have to make your presence known at every mention of the subject.

Happy-Dude

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2009, 04:54:50 pm »
Re: the videos.

Holy crap, you know how impactful Lucca's line, "Heh... You don't know the will of the planet." is to me...

The Entity!!

You guys are great. Many kudos. Much appreciation and love. You writers and coders did a wonderful job at this ;) !! (I wish I can say keep up the good work... But yeah... [>.<] -- still, any hope for a response from SE...? You guys should continue pressing them for it... We deserve at least an updated one with more accurate facts...)

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2009, 05:43:42 pm »
PSZ has every right to be pissed. I'd be pissed too if I was accused of something I didn't do.

Hell, in Law and Order, whenever they bring in a perp and they're NOT pissed off about being accused of something, that person automatically becomes the #1 suspect.

Boo the Gentleman Caller

• Guru of Life Emeritus
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2009, 05:48:58 pm »
She was accused and then it was remissed.  Besides, it's an effing video game, people.

Belaith

• Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • I ain't never scared
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2009, 06:06:34 pm »
PSZ has every right to be pissed. I'd be pissed too if I was accused of something I didn't do.

Hell, in Law and Order, whenever they bring in a perp and they're NOT pissed off about being accused of something, that person automatically becomes the #1 suspect.
Ignorant fuck. I didn't say he couldn't be pissed. I was stating that he need not be a bitch in every thread that mentions the subject.

Happy-Dude

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2009, 07:32:45 pm »
I simply hope that the Compendium community will be able to recover from this (I read the entire thread -- understand a bit more -- and sounds like some of these guys were really nice people?)

(Again, personally, I think SE should release A DAMN UPDATED STATEMENT about this entire issue so the community can just move on and watch the videos. If Compendium can push for a joint-project, even better...)

I'll just say everyone makes mistakes. But wounds will be harder to patch -- it's always easier to destroy as opposed to create. Sure, respect and trust will have to be regained, but in due time I guess?

(And again, I don't have the $150 000 threat hovering above my head -- so I can possibly fathom what the CE team is feeling.)

I guess we need to let this whole issue die out (or is that what SE of America wants?)... It's destroying the community, and we need to get this settled. Videos are nice (no, really, they are totally amazing), but some of us feel that we should continue pushing SE to do something (I'm one of them).

**Side note:: these few months/ weeks will make a helluva grand entry on the Chrono Compendium history page... [http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Chrono_Compendium:About.html ]

I just hope that tensions and speculation get to a more stable and manageable state... Maybe one year from now? Two? who knows... Sometimes, things do in fact get crazy outta hand... (But holy crap, the game looks SOO nice, even I admit that if I had the chance... I dunno what I would do [-_-]...)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 07:38:44 pm by Happy-Dude »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2009, 10:24:00 pm »
If Square wanted to sue you over this alpha leak they'd have done it already.

This legal team has already proven itself incapable of proper timing.

RySenkari

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2009, 10:30:43 pm »
This legal team has already proven itself incapable of proper timing.

True, though the alpha leak got more press than the pre C+D trailer announcement. If Square wanted to sue for that, they'd do it. Before, I figured they'd just sue to send a message, but now I honestly don't think they'd sue unless they had SOMETHING tangible to gain.

Alcyone

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • nyoro~n
    • View Profile
    • deviantART
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2009, 12:46:48 am »
Alcyone, was the "Courtesy of Dark Serge" message in a .txt file or something? Does anyone know if it was stuffed in a .zip or something?

In the uploader's comments on a torrent site, it said "Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes - Courtesy of Dark Serge."

FaustWolf

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Fan Power Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2009, 12:53:24 am »
Thanks Alcyone. It could be falsely attributed to Dark Serge as cover, but if anyone has leads like this, don't hesitate to let us know. Helps the Compendium cover its arse.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2009, 02:14:54 am »
Just remember, you gotta make that call! 1-800-CRIME-TV. And I guarantee you can remain anonymous. Until then, stay safe, and remember: you can make a difference!

Dapifer

• Guardian (+100)
  • Semper Fidelis, Usque Ad Mortem
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2009, 03:06:45 am »
I know I am new here... and I understand maybe it is not my place to say this, but here goes...

I don't understand why people are upset about the ban, the first thing I saw when I registered was the post about "Next Stop Truth" made by FaustWolf, and some message from Zeality that said clearly "[...] Leak = Ban"

I don't full comprehend the circumstances, and about those who were accused but were innocent in the end, I did read the whole thread, but I just don't know all the details, I do know one thing, it was clearly evident, not just hinted or mentioned, that any sort of leak would ensue a permanent ban for those involved, and I do understand why this course of action must occur, real life complications can happen because of this leak, maybe not... but that's not the issue, the issue here is, it is up to those on the firing line, and them alone, to decide to pull the trigger or not, it was specified that they weren't going to pull it, so some people decided to pull the trigger for them, even though it mented a permaban should they were discovered, they were, the Sword of Damocles fell, I gather they were nice people, and supporters and important members of this community, but shit happens man, and they decided to go against the wishes of those in the firing line, and pulled the trigger anyways, Zeality had really no other choice but to enforce the permaban, lest the leaks continue in a far worse way, I know the alpha leak is probably on the net forever... but if Zeality did nothing, who stops people for going rogue? Not to mention what Agent12 has said, it was a violation of their trust, and it may have put them in jeaopardy.

I am sorry, but at least in my eyes, this was the only course of action for them to take, it's not like somebody put a gun to these people's head and force them to leak the Alpha, and this is coming from a guy that wants to experience the full Crimson Echoes with passion, but alas, it is not in my place to act on this impulse, I feel sorry for those who got banned, but it was their own fault.

I apologize again if my comments are out of place, and if I offended anyone, I am sorry, but these are my thoughts on this matter.

On a side note: I am loving the videos with a somewhat unhealthy passion, I don't want to see the last batch because I don't want to find myself without any more CE goodness... having said that, I am dying to know what happens, so maybe I will give in to my curiosity and watch them anyways, hope a new batch comes soon, not that I am bitching about it or anything, I just want more of CE n_n

Dark3mx

• Guardian (+100)
  • Those wings... I want them too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2009, 12:16:40 pm »
I have a question, regarding the fact of SE sue-ing the compendium over the alpha. If nothing happens  a couple months down the line, who's to say the the uh "Alpha" got leaked {again} *wink wink*

Im not sayin to do anything , but it's a suggestion.