Author Topic: WHAA?? WAS LAVOS SENT TO EARTH?? maybe...  (Read 16619 times)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
WHAA?? WAS LAVOS SENT TO EARTH?? maybe...
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2006, 06:59:32 am »
Good Job :D Hope you didn't spend to much time on it Oo

Anyway, I'm not sure I can agree that Death Peak is Lavos. Maybe part of it is, but not all of it at most. Like geez, theres a tree growing, theres ladders, theres caves and erosion. The point is that Keepers dome is right next to the mountain in 1999AD, it's just that the mountain changes shape a bit in 2300AD, so Lavos probably climed up it or something.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2006, 09:12:02 am »
How can something this big climb a mountain, exactly?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2006, 12:53:44 pm »
Where's the crater-leading-to-the-center-of-the-Planet if Lavos left it to climb a mountain?

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2006, 01:02:53 pm »
I think that I might be on to something here. We are assuming that Lavos is still alive after bursting through to the surface.  I've always thought that the attack that you see him do during the cutscene was actually him dispersing his young into space.  People might argue, but think about it.  If a huge creature was to burst out of the ground today and starting shooting his young into space, but some come falling back down to earth, wound't the government and everyone on the planet think we were being attacked?  We assume it is an attack but it just might not be.  And what if Lavos died during the "Birth". What would be left, his shell.  I believe in the game that someone says Lavos reign high above death peak.  Considering the fact that this game is being translated form jap. who's to say that the sentence could have been Lavos(plural form) reing high upon Death Peak. The reason why I bring this up is because after climbing death peak, do you see Lavos(the one that broke through to the surface)?

I think that Lavos is the name given to the type of organism it is.  Lavos shell could have tumbled over to where Death Peak is.  The reason why we see Lavos(spawn) on death peak is simple.  They migrated.  The shell was there.And if you think about it, How many Lavos(Spawn) do you see while climbing death peak?  not alot. So the must have either left, or died off. Lavos shoots his offspring into space, where they hurl through it, until they land on a suitable planet.  the ones that didn't make it out of the atmosphere crashed back to Earth, detroying parts of it in the process. Some died from the impact(Defects), others landed, but since thew planet was already dying, they had no way to feed, therefore they stared dying off.

Also one question still haunts me.  When you fight the spawn on Death Peak, when they r defeated they leave their shell behind.  How come they don't enter the shell and fight the core? Is it because they don't have a core?  If that is the case, How did the original Lavos core come to be?

Just my opinion, tell me what you think?

JossiRossi

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Http://spriteville.comicgen.com
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2006, 01:27:45 pm »
Lavos is refered to as being alive in the future. The most direct quote and evidence I can remember is from the Prometheus side quest where you go and shut down the factory. The Mother Brain says something like, "This planet could support lavos and it's children if the humans were gone." As well as the reference to Lavos reigning from atop the mountain (present tense). It's a lot of indications that Lavos is alive and kicking although it's likely Lavos is sleeping cause that's all it ever seems to do with a few notable exceptions =] Lazy jerk.

[EDIT]
I colored some stuff Blue. Turns out I was wrong. I went in the script real quick to find it and this is what MB said.

Quote from: Mother Brain
  Listen well, humans.

Lavos's children will one day have to
   leave to seek new planets, and prey.

This world COULD sustain them...if
   humans were not around...

I find it odd Lavos wasn't included in this statement. But MB seems to make no reference at all to Lavos' well being directly.

[EDIT EDIT]
More quote stuff. It seems we could potentially be misusing a quote, it's up to interpretation I think.

Quote from: Bethasar
  In 1999, Lavos claims this area, and
   reigns from high atop Death Peak.

Lavos continues to replicate......
   like a giant parasite, he is consuming
   our world.

For the best context check out the game script and search for "atop" it's the second instance. Belthasar is explaining his circumstances and the history. He basically does a moni rundown on Lavos. He starts with mentioning him landing aeons ago, then he skips Zeal (cause he had expalined it a few lines prior), mentions Magus' summoning in the middle ages, skips the "present" time because Lavos is inactive basically, then we go to the quote. He mentions 1999 AND death peak in the same breath. We only know for sure that Lavos ruled the world from Death Peak in 1999 says nothing about him still being there. One can assume he'd still be there, but unless another quote comes up we can not prove it.

Finally the last part of the quote indicated that Belthasar believes Lavos to be alive and reproducing at the present time. So he thinks Lavos is still alive.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2006, 06:55:57 pm »
The problem is where is Death Peak 1999?  On the map we see nothing of Death Peak, and mountains cannot move.  So this does not make sense.  If you look at Death Peak and Lavos' hole and 1999 pre-Lavos, Lavos's hole and Death Mountain are on the same axis and slightly apart from each other, while the pre-Lavos land is simply empty and flat.   I highly doubt Lavos moved some mountain in 1999 and made it Death Peak.  
The only possible thing that would work is if the seismic destruction caused by Lavos was capable of moving the smaller mountain next to the dome and push back the dome.  Maybe the strange shape of Death Peak is due to something like Lavos blasting the mountain up to fit his figure.  He then managed to either climb "atop" of Death Peak, or more likely bore inside of it.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2006, 08:53:27 pm »
I'll try my best to translate that...

1.) Eh, ok?

2.) This one was easy.  Lavos's planet was destroyed (blew up or something), which threw Lavos into space.

3.) Lavos went to Crono's planet.  Easy :)

We have no idea where Lavos came from, we don't even know that he was ever on a planet before.  Meh.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2006, 11:05:30 pm »
Quote from: Legend
How can something this big climb a mountain, exactly?

Who says he had to climb it? He could have easily floated to the top. Like think about it, he broke his way through the surface and he is simply floating there so im sure he could float himself over and land on the mountain.

Quote from: ChronoMagus
The problem is where is Death Peak 1999? On the map we see nothing of Death Peak, and mountains cannot move.

Then Lavos must be Death Peak then.

Quote from: Theicedragon
The reason why I bring this up is because after climbing death peak, do you see Lavos(the one that broke through to the surface)?

No because Lavos is Death Peak.

I think that Lavos is the name given to the type of organism it is.

Your pretty much right there. But in the game itself, the party and other NPC's refer to Lavos as the shell, because no one knows there is actually something inside of it. So because no one knows the game keeps stating that. So if Lavos = Shell, then when they "Lavos reigns high atop Death Peak", that means Lavos Shell is atop it.

Dammit, just realised that im beginning to go neutral on this topic... :P

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 24, 2006, 12:03:47 am »
You know, maybe the Lavos from Lavos' hole came out from beneathe it in the cracks, and covered Lavos. That was, Lavos' shell sustains death peak, but the Lava hardened which actually made the mountain ontop of Lavos. That way, if Lavos has a butt, it could be like a vent, and it shoots up through the hardened Lava to the top, where the spawns come out on top of the mountain Oo

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 24, 2006, 12:19:28 am »
Quote from: Idrian10
1)lavos was created from lavos's planet

1a)3 alien person go inside lavos's shell

2)lavos's planet was destroyed then lavos been throw out the outer space  

3)Lavos went send to ayla's planet 6 billion ago

there phew ...ok any check?
edited: sorry i edit some phase

Your profile states you are from Ontario, but are you a native English language speaker?  No offence, but this is kind of hard to understand.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2006, 06:42:15 am »
Quote from: Zaperking
You know, maybe the Lavos from Lavos' hole came out from beneathe it in the cracks, and covered Lavos. That was, Lavos' shell sustains death peak, but the Lava hardened which actually made the mountain ontop of Lavos. That way, if Lavos has a butt, it could be like a vent, and it shoots up through the hardened Lava to the top, where the spawns come out on top of the mountain Oo

Ya know, im willing to take that as a plausabile theroy. It would explain what the heck happned to the massive crater.

And to all the people who are asking why would Death Peak be some distance (in terms of true distance) from where the crater was in 1999, I say this once again: Lavos destroyed the world, he ripped apart much of what was there. No doubt there was large amount of land that was sunk and stuff like that. It's quite possible that this sort of disruption on the surface caused the plates below to shift positiosn and move the continents. The result is why you have so much random land massess in 2300.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2006, 01:30:34 pm »
Those pictures do a fantastic job of showing that Lavos should be Death Peak. The only thing that really bothers me about the theory is that with a planet devoid of life how could a brand new mountain produce the vegetation and trees that it has? Unless Lavos expended its own energy to do so, but I highly doubt it would waste its time with such a meaningless task.

Theicedragon

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2006, 04:54:24 pm »
Your pretty much right there. But in the game itself, the party and other NPC's refer to Lavos as the shell, because no one knows there is actually something inside of it. So because no one knows the game keeps stating that. So if Lavos = Shell, then when they "Lavos reigns high atop Death Peak", that means Lavos Shell is atop it.

That confuses me.  U r saying that Lavos shell is reigning upon Death Peak?  What I was saying is this, When they say "Lavos reigns atop Death Peak" we assume that they mean the Lavos that crashed in 65,000,000,000 BC.  What I was implying is that what if they mean that his spawn, not him, reign upon death peak.  what if he is already dead and gone, but his kids r still there.  what if Lavos is also the plural form of Lavos, sort of like deer is also plural for deer.  We assume that this game is perfectly translated.  I was also implying that what if Lavos is not its name as in Proper noun, but noun for what it is .

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2006, 07:51:07 pm »
Quote from: Lordchander
Quote from: Zaperking

Ya know, im willing to take that as a plausabile theroy. It would explain what the heck happned to the massive crater.

And to all the people who are asking why would Death Peak be some distance (in terms of true distance) from where the crater was in 1999, I say this once again: Lavos destroyed the world, he ripped apart much of what was there. No doubt there was large amount of land that was sunk and stuff like that. It's quite possible that this sort of disruption on the surface caused the plates below to shift positiosn and move the continents. The result is why you have so much random land massess in 2300.

That would not explain why one of the mountains next to him disappeared while the other 2 remain perfectly intact...  
There are 3 mountains on that land area in 1999 there are 2 (excluding Death Peak because according to Lavos = Death Peak then Death Peak cannot be counted for) 2300 AD.  The 2 remaining are practically exactly the same state as they were 301 years ago.  Therefore something happened to the third one.  That third one was also the smallest (relative to the others), and Death Peak is also the smallest of the 3 mountains in 2300.  
Seismic force shifts over mountain, Lavos destroys mountain to make the freaky shape, his life force inhabits the mountain giving it barren life, but life none the less.  Lavos must be linked to Death Peak, but the fact is that something must have happened to the mountain yet left the others intact.

JossiRossi

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • Http://spriteville.comicgen.com
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2006, 08:01:59 pm »

That confuses me.  U r saying that Lavos shell is reigning upon Death Peak?  What I was saying is this, When they say "Lavos reigns atop Death Peak" we assume that they mean the Lavos that crashed in 65,000,000,000 BC.  What I was implying is that what if they mean that his spawn, not him, reign upon death peak.  what if he is already dead and gone, but his kids r still there.  what if Lavos is also the plural form of Lavos, sort of like deer is also plural for deer.  We assume that this game is perfectly translated.  I was also implying that what if Lavos is not its name as in Proper noun, but noun for what it is .

Lavos is alive though. Belth uses the present tense in refering to his replication.

Quote from: Belthasar
In 1999, Lavos claims this area, and
reigns from high atop Death Peak.

Lavos continues to replicate......
like a giant parasite, he is consuming
our world.