Author Topic: WHAA?? WAS LAVOS SENT TO EARTH?? maybe...  (Read 16458 times)

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
WHAA?? WAS LAVOS SENT TO EARTH?? maybe...
« Reply #105 on: January 25, 2006, 01:15:29 am »
That would not explain why one of the mountains next to him disappeared while the other 2 remain perfectly intact...
There are 3 mountains on that land area in 1999 there are 2 (excluding Death Peak because according to Lavos = Death Peak then Death Peak cannot be counted for) 2300 AD. The 2 remaining are practically exactly the same state as they were 301 years ago. Therefore something happened to the third one. That third one was also the smallest (relative to the others), and Death Peak is also the smallest of the 3 mountains in 2300.
Seismic force shifts over mountain, Lavos destroys mountain to make the freaky shape, his life force inhabits the mountain giving it barren life, but life none the less. Lavos must be linked to Death Peak, but the fact is that something must have happened to the mountain yet left the others intact.

Lavos completely totaled the world when he surfaced.  Obviously, that little hill of a mountain got destroyed, like much of the rest of the landscape.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 25, 2006, 06:18:28 am »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
Those pictures do a fantastic job of showing that Lavos should be Death Peak. The only thing that really bothers me about the theory is that with a planet devoid of life how could a brand new mountain produce the vegetation and trees that it has? Unless Lavos expended its own energy to do so, but I highly doubt it would waste its time with such a meaningless task.

Perhaps Lavos simply radiated its energy unknowingly, producing life. Perhaps if you take the theory that Lavos manipulated Death Peak in the first place to be his own then this could work. But if you believe the theory that Lavos is Death Peak then this could complicate things.
Come to think of it, maybe not: Perhaps Lavos' Shell has a unique ability to house life from the outside (sounds strange, I know) which is why there are dead trees growing on the outside of him.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2006, 12:23:12 pm »
dead trees growing...  :lol:

The more plausible idea is that Lavos used the mountain that was there and changed it to suit its needs.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2006, 08:37:00 pm »
The trees and all that could be an illusion. Maybe Lavos' ordinary shell is there, and it's disguised with an illusion indistinguishable from reality (similar to Kitsune Magic in Japanese Lore) as a natural adaptation to protect Lavos' young from whatever threats could possibly survive the rape of the planet.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2006, 09:23:38 pm »

The more plausible idea is that Lavos used the mountain that was there and changed it to suit its needs.

I agree... the mountain has been altered, but nonetheless its still there.

@Sentenal: Look back at 1999 maps posted earlier.  There are 3 mountains before Lavos in his area, 3 mountains afterward.   The small one (which is nonetheless a mountain and still huge) becomes Death Peak after being blasted into the wierd Lavos like shape.

Sentenal

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 26, 2006, 12:38:50 am »
When something gets blashed by something powerful, it doesn't get bigger.  It blows up.  Smaller.  The mountain would sooner get DESTROYED than getting built up.  Erosion does not work in reversee.

Also, to those who still don't believe it after those two pictures, and the good logic behind it, explain where the hole Lavos came out of went.  I mean, it should lead to the center of the earth.  After Lavos came out, we should either have a big crater (we don't), or a maybe a volcano-type thing due to magma coming from inside the planet leaking out, I'm no geologist.  But we don't have anything.  Its as if that hole in the ground was never there.  Where did it go?

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 26, 2006, 05:43:03 am »
Quote from: Sentenal
When something gets blashed by something powerful, it doesn't get bigger.  It blows up.  Smaller.  The mountain would sooner get DESTROYED than getting built up.  Erosion does not work in reversee.

Mount Everest is growing by about 10 cm per year..

Tonjevic

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2006, 09:59:16 am »
-_-;

..You do know about this thing called continental drift? Right?

Right?

The reason is because the Australasian plate is forcing it's way up into the indian/asian one and 'crumpling' the land, forcing it upwards into the himalayas.

Right?

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 26, 2006, 11:31:24 am »
Most likely Lavos reformed the mountain over itself on top of the hole. That could also be reasoning as to why the Chrono Trigger would only work on Death Peak.

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 26, 2006, 01:49:45 pm »

Most likely Lavos reformed the mountain over itself on top of the hole. That could also be reasoning as to why the Chrono Trigger would only work on Death Peak.

I was thinking something similar, except instead of the mountain reforming over Lavos, would it have been possible that as Lavos ascended from the crater that the crater could have closed back up and buckled into what we see as being Death Peak?  That would take an immense amount of force, but the force from Lavos' pocket dimension moving through 3-D space might have been able to have such an effect, although we see no hard evidence really supporting it.  The dramatic shape of Death Peak, its name, and the fact that we don't see the crater in 2300 A.D. does suggest that this is a possibility.

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 26, 2006, 02:17:39 pm »
Except that the pocket dimension resides in the center of the planet, when Lavos comes out to attack the planet it has exited its pocket dimension. And also, the amount of needed matierial to close that hole would be hard to reproduce. Thats why I say that the hole was closed by Lavos and the reformed mountain.

Lord_Setheris

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 26, 2006, 02:45:30 pm »
Except that the pocket dimension resides in the center of the planet, when Lavos comes out to attack the planet it has exited its pocket dimension. And also, the amount of needed matierial to close that hole would be hard to reproduce. Thats why I say that the hole was closed by Lavos and the reformed mountain.

The pocket dimension does not technically "exist" anywhere in reality as we understand it. It exists parallel to reality in the world, but Lavos' power, or another highly significant source of energy is capable of pulling the two together. When the intersect, then the pocket dimension can manifest itself in "reality" and, more than likely, parts of our reality can manifest themself in the pocket dimension.

Secondly, Let us not forget that when Lavos first arrived on the planet, there was no deep hole, just a crater with a gate. This suggests that the second of impact, he phased into his pocket dimension. Rather than living inside the planet, he lived perpindicular to it, and probably not too far beneath the surface.

Lavos' reappearence in 1999 AD would have easily caused massive volcanic activity.  This would of course have been centered over Lavos himself. Since phasing out of time seems to be almost a defensive reflex action for Lavos, it is plausible that if he felt at some point the Magma threatened him, that he would have faded out, and the magma would have formed around the outline of where the pocket dimension was. This could explain the rapid growth of the mountain.

SilentMartyr

• View Profile
Re: Reply
« Reply #117 on: January 26, 2006, 03:02:27 pm »
Quote from: Lord_Setheris

The pocket dimension does not technically "exist" anywhere in reality as we understand it. It exists parallel to reality in the world, but Lavos' power, or another highly significant source of energy is capable of pulling the two together. When the intersect, then the pocket dimension can manifest itself in "reality" and, more than likely, parts of our reality can manifest themself in the pocket dimension.

Secondly, Let us not forget that when Lavos first arrived on the planet, there was no deep hole, just a crater with a gate. This suggests that the second of impact, he phased into his pocket dimension. Rather than living inside the planet, he lived perpindicular to it, and probably not too far beneath the surface.

Lavos' reappearence in 1999 AD would have easily caused massive volcanic activity.  This would of course have been centered over Lavos himself. Since phasing out of time seems to be almost a defensive reflex action for Lavos, it is plausible that if he felt at some point the Magma threatened him, that he would have faded out, and the magma would have formed around the outline of where the pocket dimension was. This could explain the rapid growth of the mountain.

Obviously Lavos has control of its Pocket Dimension, I wouldn't being to ponder what other power could have control of it. That seems a bit much for even the Entity.

I can't agree with you on Lavos instantly going into its Pocket Dimension. First off, you clearly hear its cry after it crashes. Second, Ayla specifically says Lavos is deep in the planet before you check the gate to Zeal.

Ayla: Lavos very fast!
   Deep under earth already.

I am not saying it doesn't go in soon after the crash, but it doesn't instantly leave upon impact. And remember, those earthquakes that are mentioned in 1000 have to had come from some unstable movement from under the crust. That region isn't mountainous, so it would be difficult to say that it lis near a fault line. The most likely explination is that Lavos and the Pocket Dimension is the cause of it.

I couldn't imagine why Lavos would be threatened by magma if it survived crashing into the planet. Whatever the magma cando wouldn't hold a candle to the amount of damage that would result from that type of crash.

Lord_Setheris

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Perhaps...
« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2006, 05:13:27 pm »
Ayla says its deep under the planet, yes.

Ayla also wondered what a "Raw-boot" was. And asked if frog was for her to eat. I'm not saying she's stupid, just that I wouldn't trust ayla's expert opinion on anything outside her daily scope of experience.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 26, 2006, 06:09:56 pm »
and yet Ayla is able to determine Lavos' genetic makeup by smelling him. She can probably smell Lavos WAY down under the earth.