Author Topic: WHAA?? WAS LAVOS SENT TO EARTH?? maybe...  (Read 16515 times)

Lord_Setheris

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Absurd
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2006, 06:24:01 pm »
Even in the context of a world filled with magic, fighting mushrooms, lizard people, and a giant earth-sucking parasite, the idea of ayla smelling lavos being under the ground sounds insane.

However it is possible she knew from examination of the ground, but that only proves he burried himself completely, not that he actually reached the center of the planet.

DBoruta

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
WHAA?? WAS LAVOS SENT TO EARTH?? maybe...
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2006, 11:19:57 pm »
Quote from: SilentMartyr
Except that the pocket dimension resides in the center of the planet, when Lavos comes out to attack the planet it has exited its pocket dimension.

I'm not so sure if that is completely true.  When Crono & co. fought Lavos in 1999 AD, he had already been seen as surfaced before they confronted him.  Yet, the confrontation took place in the pocket dimension.  That leaves me under the impression that the pocket dimension came to the surface with Lavos.

Lord_Setheris

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Boo
« Reply #122 on: January 27, 2006, 01:08:03 am »
Quote from: DBoruta
Except that the pocket dimension resides in the center of the planet, when Lavos comes out to attack the planet it has exited its pocket dimension.

I'm not so sure if that is completely true.  When Crono & co. fought Lavos in 1999 AD, he had already been seen as surfaced before they confronted him.  Yet, the confrontation took place in the pocket dimension.  That leaves me under the impression that the pocket dimension came to the surface with Lavos.

I agree with him. The pocket dimension i think is like a bubble around Lavos. This is what probably allows him to travel through the planet's crust to quickly, and to rise out of the ground.

Sentenal

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Perhaps...
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2006, 01:49:52 am »
Quote from: Lord_Setheris
Ayla says its deep under the planet, yes.

Ayla also wondered what a "Raw-boot" was. And asked if frog was for her to eat. I'm not saying she's stupid, just that I wouldn't trust ayla's expert opinion on anything outside her daily scope of experience.

Ayla had ignorance in some areas, but that was because she was from the prehistoric age.  I doubt someone from the 1500s would know what a "Tank" was, as in the weapon.  Ayla is making an observation there.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2006, 01:39:12 am »

Ayla also wondered what a "Raw-boot" was. And asked if frog was for her to eat. I'm not saying she's stupid, just that I wouldn't trust ayla's expert opinion on anything outside her daily scope of experience.

Lets also remember she is the one who creates the word La-vos...  somethings she maybe ignorant on... technology for instance, but she seems to be pretty good when it comes to gigantic non human things that come to terrorize humanity.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2006, 05:54:32 pm »
Quote from: ChronoMagus

Lets also remember she is the one who creates the word La-vos...  somethings she maybe ignorant on... technology for instance, but she seems to be pretty good when it comes to gigantic non human things that come to terrorize humanity.

Lavos just means "big fire".

Lord_Setheris

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Yep
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2006, 09:05:49 pm »
Yeah. And "Big Fire" doesn't really sound that ginormous or informed.

Lordchander

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • I might come back one of these days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2006, 05:22:43 am »
Yeah. And "Big Fire" doesn't really sound that ginormous or informed.

It doesnt need to be. The term "Big Fire" is nothing more than a simple describing term. Because Ayla doesnt have a big smarty brain, she doesnt have access to big adjectives and the like. So the term "Big Fire" is enough for her to understand, its enough to explain Lavos as Ayla first saw "him".

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2006, 04:50:12 pm »
Big smarty brain? Pfft, it doesn't matter. She saw a big flame coming, what would you call it: 'The Alien that will soon devour the planet from the inside and bring upon it's doom in a few millions years) or 'A big flame from the sky'?

Seriously, she just said what she saw. Nothing to do with smarty brains.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2006, 07:38:35 pm »
Plus, every other Iokan started to call the Red Star "Lavos" after its crash. Ayla's not the only one.

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2006, 08:05:17 pm »
Perhaps Lavos was simply just the general name that she gave him, and since nobody else had a name for it because nobody else in her tribe was at the impact site, it was the generally accepted name for him.  Over time, as ancient languages fade, the fact that Lavos literally means "big fire" is forgotten, but the word is still used to describe it.

SilentMartyr

• Magical Dreamer (+1250)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2006, 02:21:14 pm »
Quote from: DBoruta

If you remember, when they first walk up to Lavos it isn't in its Pocket Dimension. It's on the ground, with no visible holes underneath it. Once the battle starts the Pocket Dimension appears, which leads me to believe that it retreats into its Pocket Dimension by "summoning" it. (I use the term summon very loosely)

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2006, 06:52:24 pm »
I would use summon in the sense that it was probably an intentional retreat to the pocket dimension...  It existed already, so its more like activating it.

JonnyCyo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
..>
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2006, 12:23:40 am »
Wow, this is most popular post ever,
I win!

But seriously.
Ayla, just saw the star, and revealed that it was underground.
Lavos was summoned later on.
Blah blah blah.
Lavos moved quickly through space and crashed into earth.
But why...and from where...

Namara

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 01, 2006, 08:59:46 am »
Where he came from is probably one of the biggest CT mysteries because we will never know.